PDA

View Full Version : [OFFICIAL] Power Rangers Wild Force Discussion

Fury Diamond
05-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Power Rangers Wild Force

http://powerrangers.com/images/series_logos/wild_force.png
(February 9, 2002 - November 16, 2002, 40 Episodes)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/RangersRule/PRWFSPRCFPIWALLBOVNYCLBDIHIWBOTE.png

Staff Picks
Overdrive.92 - The Master's Last Stand
Erik10101 - Forever Red
Mr. Silver - Reinforcements From The Future
Mr. Pink - A Father's Footsteps
Garrus Vakarian - The Wings Of Animaria

Cast:
Cole / Red Ranger - Ricardo Mendina Jr.
Danny / Black Ranger - Jack Guzman
Max / Blue Ranger - Phillip Jeanmarie
Taylor / Yellow Ranger - Alyson Kiperman
Alyssa / White Ranger - Jessica Rey
Merrick / Lunar Wolf Ranger - Philip Andrew

Questions:
What did you think of the season premiere?
What did you think of the first PRWF Teaser?
What did you think of the Wild Force cast (the rangers that is)?
What did you think of the villains for Wild Force?
What were your thoughts on the Zen-Aku/Lunar Wolf Ranger storyline?
What did you think of the Time Force/Wild Force team up and also the anniversary team up "ForeverRed"?
What did you think of the storyline involving Viktor Adler and Cole's parents?
What are your favorite Wild Force episodes?
What did you think of "The End Of The Power Rangers"?
Any finals thoughts on Power Rangers Wild Force?
What do you think of the season being a story within a story?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to celebrate 17 years of Power Rangers, RangerCrew will be hosting monthly, seasonal discussions. A new month means a new season. Throughout the month, we'll post questions to the fans to get their input on various topics regarding the particular season. Feel free to share your favorite episodes and moments, as well as your personal critics about the season.

We ask that the monthly, seasonal discussions stay on topic.

Each month, a mod will create a thread like this and sticky it.

Fury Diamond
05-01-2010, 04:17 PM

ForeverBlue
05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Your the only one that makes these anyways lol

Anyways.....the premiere for Wild Force was a really good started. Wild Force started to be my favorite after the first 10 episodes or by the time Zen-Aku came.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Ah, Wild Force. You were most likely unwatchable without ready access to members of the writing staff to answer all of your questions and/or complain about production nightmares plaguing the season.

My bias to PRWF really does stem from the fact that Amit was hindered every step of the way from doing the show he wanted to, but even then... The season didn't fight Jonathan hard enough in the places it needed to, because we now had a staff who genuinely did love Sentai and wanted to preserve it "just cause." The thing Chip quit over was the thing they now supported. I remember railing at Amit about the fact we had Zen-Aku's Wildzords debut in one episode and THEN the Predazord got an ep afterwards. Classic PR would have condensed those into one slam-bang fight. The hellacious pacing of Gaoranger just got imported over, and only the deft weaving of the Master Org storyline gave us any real sense of MOVEMENT in that first half. Everything else just kind of floated around in these elliptical storytelling orbits, subject to the gravitational field of the source footage.

Weirdly, despite the fact a THIRD of the season was wasted on the Zen-Aku and Kite sagas (SERIOUSLY! ONE THIRD! THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN EIGHT TIMES AS GOOD AT HALF THEIR RESPECTIVE LENGTHS!), the things the season did right were surprisingly weighty. Secrets and Lies truly is one of my favorite episodes of the season, because it displays an odd earnestness with just how dark and horrid the lives these seemingly peppy and emotionally stunted people are. Taylor is allowed the chance to let Cole lead a Disneyfied fairy tale, or let him return to the harsh reality of the Grimm fairy tale the season actually is. And that, at its heart, is the problem with Wild Force. Half of the cast think they're doing a safe and Disneyfied fairy tale even as the writing is getting more and more somber in odd places. Worse, Katie Torpey and Bergen Williams clearly think this show is a Disneyfied fairy tale and are writing it themselves as such. The fact Gaoranger, which they were stealing from liberally and often without any sort of critical thought involved, was some bizarre hybrid of a fairy tale and Pokemon certainly didn't help matters. So we get this show staggering, punch-drunk, from one extreme of storytelling to another with no internal consistency or narrative compass guiding it.

I like Cole's story. I think there's something inherently powerful in a man who is willing to simply walk away from vengeance without consequence (indeed, his friends would have CELEBRATED his murdering Adler after his nearly killing them as well). Indeed, he still wants to believe Adler can be saved even after Master Org has control of his corpse. I like Taylor in the abstract, because she had a valid point -- screw destiny, she led that team for a YEAR. This was her unit and she had a right to expect respect from everyone, including Cole, after her demotion. Max was infinitely better conceptually than he was in terms of the writing they gave him. Philip's intense charisma only carries the thin writing so far, since they never did follow up the "high school dropout" angle which defined Max's personality. The idea Alyssa was meant to be a Mary Sue whose manic, type-a personality had her RIGHT on the cusp of a complete mental collapse was never conveyed by Jes, really. A Father's Footsteps didn't even address this when it had the perfect opportunity to since, of course, that didn't happen in Gaoranger.

The ultimate weakness of Wild Force is that it's Gaoranger with original bits shoved in around the edges (and sometimes bent horribly to suit episodes they knew they were going to adapt anyway to appease Jonathan), all slaved to an excellent US overplot which... gets resolved by mid-season so ABC censors won't get any the wiser, leaving the last half of the show absolutely floundering with no particular direction. Like if they'd had the time to do the Ten Terrors arc PROPERLY, frankly. I don't see any particularly organic component to the Mandilok storyline. It fleshes out a bit more of the backstory, to be sure, but is mostly "our anime got picked up for a second season, let's keep the thing going despite killing the big bad and leaving no room for any organic growth, until we can resurrect the big bad and kill him AGAIN in the next finale."

Mr. Green
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Two words: Forever. Red.

Digifiend
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, "The End of the Power Rangers" didn't live up to it's name.

President Ranger
05-01-2010, 06:29 PM
This is just about the biggest piece of crap season their is in Power rangers.

SirStack
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM

There. And "Operation Overdrive" disagrees with you.

TimeKaiser
05-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I actually liked Wild Force, despite still never having seen all of the episodes. The number of power animals was one of the things that appealed to me, and it also had a bit of a treasure hunt feel to it at times when they had to find certain ones. I must say though, due to the question asked, that one of my favorite aspects of the series is how two of the villians are shown having been waiting for years disguised as humans until now.

Mr. Black
05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

I thought it was a unique start, though somehow similar to its counterpart's first episode.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, the whole notion of "we didn't get killed so we have to take THE LONG WAY of getting to rejoin the main villain the next time he resurrects" is awesome. If Scorpina hadn't been sealed inside of a boulder herself it's how I imagine her perspective on Rita and the others would have been.

MMPRfan90
05-01-2010, 08:14 PM
The guy who plays Cole is one of the worst actors in PR history. I know PR isn't known for amazing actng but DAMN!

I watched "Reinforcements From the Future" and loved it and liked the fact that it focused a bit more on the Time Force rangers than the then current rangers. From what I saw on there, Max wasn't so bad and he and Danny looked to have a nice relationship. I'll finally watch this season in a few months with the other seasons I wasn't interested in including Lightspeed Rescue, Ninja Storm, Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, and Jungle Fury......then again, after typing some of those I dunno about watching some of them LOL!

O.92
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
WF isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be IMO. It's actually a bit enjoyable if you just look past the acting. The Viktor Adler storyline was phenomenal. The only two things that really bugged me were Zen-Aku's overly lengthy storyline and the whole Kite thing in general.

blackdinoranger5
05-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I loved wild force the premiere was very different then any other season. The opening battle where its all silent very cool. Plus of course forever red, reinceforments from the future, end of the power rangers. Plus master orgs backstory and adlers story were very awsome, creepy but awsome. I can see some aspects of how its bad, but overdrive is really the topper of badness. Besides forever red the masters last stand, and the master herald stick out to me the most in the season of how kool, but somewhat creepy and disturbing the season is. Again I really enjoyed wild force and remeber watching the premiere and finally like yesterday then eventually getting excited for ninjastorm:)

SirGreen
05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I found max and danny kiond of annoying with the Never give up! line. Sad way to much. I really like all the different zord combinations. At the end for the final i think they had a little to me lol

Mr. White
05-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Wild Force didn't have the greatest acting but it was still a good season. I remember recording this on my VCR since I had karate in the morning.:p

The Premire was cool I liked the fight between the rangers and the 2 orgs in the beginning

Thrax
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM

WF as a awesome series !!!

Mr. Pink
05-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Taylor was pretty awesome... didn't really like how she was "demoted."

Thrax
05-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Well PRWF as pretty awesome series, i liked of the fact of the series have a huge number of Zords and the rangers have a huge number of combinations for the Megazords, the backstory of the MasterOrg as awesome and be the connection between Dr.Adler and the Colde parents are cool, The Villans are pretty cool the plot of the Toxica always suspects of MasterOrg is not a true Org and be a humam desguise as a Org but at some point he as the MasterOrg and Toxica and Jindrax be the more loyal Duke Orgs to the MasterOrg and them be betrayal be him, Zen Aku as awesome for shore as something of the WF rangers lose almost all the battles, Animus as awesome the ancestor of the Wild force Megazord and the Megazords of this season are awesome, the two teams ups as awesome and make a great choise make a connection between Orgs and Mutants at some point WF is the coonection between Mutants and Orgs, The last episodes of WF as awesome and MasterOrg as a kind of villan very dark and twisted

Fury Diamond
05-02-2010, 09:40 AM

mOX5YGdbkRM

TimeKaiser
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought that it was a tad misleading. I mean, they had a completely different theme song for the actual series than the one playing in the teaser. Aside from that, its good.

SirGreen
05-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I like it it looks pretty cool. Isnt that the intro?

rangerfan998
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
It only became cool to bash WF when Ninja Storm was on the air and everyone was sucking up to Doug.

Wild Force was a great season.

rangerfan998
05-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Um...not even close. Ninja Storm, Operation Overdrive and Jungle Fury are the biggest pieces of crap there are in Power Rangers.

Hears All
05-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I actually really enjoyed Wild Force, I never understood why people hated it. It was a little cheesy and Cole did get a lot of focus but the story was excellent, the villians were some of the best and its character development was awesome. I think people tend to overlook how amazing the Zen-Aku arc was and how great Mater Org was, don't forget the awesomeness of Animus

Thrax
05-02-2010, 10:50 AM

mOX5YGdbkRM

I really loved, i dont even expect they put the WF in the end of TF !!

ForeverBlue
05-02-2010, 12:06 PM

mOX5YGdbkRM

The teasers were really good

Before Wild Force started (while Time Force was near the end)....aside from already knowing who was going to play Alyssa/WF White and Cole/WF Red (we saw him in the teaser and some of the trailers), we didn't know about the other 3 not until we saw the promo for the first episode a few days before it started.

MMPRfan90
05-02-2010, 12:41 PM

mOX5YGdbkRMI actually found this preview quite cool. I didn't expect to see in at the end of the Time Force season. The music is better IMO than the actual music they used for the season. It has a "Time Force" theme feel and sound. Was also interesting to see that this would be the first PR season to have CGI zords.

Mr. Black
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM

I thought it was mindblowing, but that's because I was younger back then.

bobtherandomguy
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Why exactly did they change the theme anyway?

AstroProject
05-02-2010, 01:45 PM
From what I remember it was an ok season. I think this is the first season I actually watched a power ranger season. Usually I'd catch an episode here and there.

Mr. White
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
The first teaser was cool. I liked the theme they used in the teaser more than the one they used in the show

Cmdr Crayfish
05-02-2010, 07:16 PM
It's been recounted more than once the teaser music was written by Shuki Levy and integrated into the actual Time Force finale itself (rather than just a Fox Kids promo) as a means of getting still more money out of Disney since it would always be screened in all subsequent reairings of The End of Time and thus incur royalties for Saban's music licensing.

ALLLL THE PLANET'S LIIIIVES IN DANGER...

Digifiend
05-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, remember that while Time Force was entirely produced by Saban, the Disney buyout happened while it was still airing. That's why the theme was redone, because not only was Shuki obviously no longer involved, Disney didn't want to pay for royalties - cheaper in the long run to dump it and make a new one.

Thrax
05-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, remember that while Time Force was entirely produced by Saban, the Disney buyout happened while it was still airing. That's why the theme was redone, because not only was Shuki obviously no longer involved, Disney didn't want to pay for royalties - cheaper in the long run to dump it and make a new one.

well the Teaser in TF as awesome and the music too, Shuki Levy make always awesome themes to the PR seasons, but i think the sttyle of Opening is much of the style of Disney, but the sequence of the Opening looks like the style of the last opening of the TF

Crazy Davey
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I actually re-watched EVERY single season of PR, from beginning to end this past year. and while re-watching Wild Force last October, it made me realize that it's not that bad of a season. I enjoyed the season before, but I think I've grown to like it even more then how I felt about it before when it originally aired. Cole is not as bad as I remember him. In fact, I've grown to respect the character, especially right after The Masters Last Stand. Terrific episode. I also enjoyed Wing Of The Animaria. Defiantly one of my favourite Battlizer episodes. The Zen-Aku and Kite story arcs were good too.

And of course, the two team-ups that can not be beat. They are simply awesome, and deserve all the respect they deserve... and after most of the Disney finales that we've gotten, I can truly say "The End Of Power Rangers" was truly epic.... not the best, but one of the best. If Wild Force was truly the last season, I would've been satisfied.

Thrax
05-04-2010, 03:22 AM
I actually re-watched EVERY single season of PR, from beginning to end this past year. and while re-watching Wild Force last October, it made me realize that it's not that bad of a season. I enjoyed the season before, but I think I've grown to like it even more then how I felt about it before when it originally aired. Cole is not as bad as I remember him. In fact, I've grown to respect the character, especially right after The Masters Last Stand. Terrific episode. I also enjoyed Wing Of The Animaria. Defiantly one of my favourite Battlizer episodes. The Zen-Aku and Kite story arcs were good too.

And of course, the two team-ups that can not be beat. They are simply awesome, and deserve all the respect they deserve... and after most of the Disney finales that we've gotten, I can truly say "The End Of Power Rangers" was truly epic.... not the best, but one of the best. If Wild Force was truly the last season, I would've been satisfied.

well i agreed with you in the aspect of the WF as a awesome season of the POWER RANGERS and have to agreed WF bring new things to the PR, like the fact the new concept of the new Megazord a among of many combinations between Zords. Cole as cool ranger begin as a rookie but as became a cool leader and always try to see the good inside of the MasterOrg when finds he is humam connect to is parents, in The Master Last Stand as really awesome because Cole as do not kill Dr.Adler forgive him for all is evil deeds as made as MasterOrg because Cole dont want to follow the dark path, Wings of Animaria as cool to because i loved that episode the battlyzer as awesome and appears the my favorite Megazord in the WF series, the Isis Megazord, Zen-Aku and Arc and Kite Arc as awesome in xpecial the fact when he takes the Wild Zords to the rangers just for if they are devoted to save the planet !!!

The Team ups are really awesome because make a big connection between the Orgs and the Mutants and with that we find out the reason why Ransik as sow powerfull and evil, The final of the PRWF as epic and really awesome and perfect because MasterOrg as really evil and powerfull and destroy all Zords and even rule the planet

ForeverBlue
05-04-2010, 05:46 AM

Super Jeff
05-04-2010, 08:50 AM
allll the planet's liiiives in danger...

calling on the wild foorceeee rangers!

Thrax
05-04-2010, 11:44 AM

The cast as pretty good !!!

Cole as a cool red ranger start as a rookie and be a good develoment and is story with Dr.Adler as well made and the develoment of the story we see Cole became good leader but he always believe Dr.Adler as good even because MasterOrg and always believe as good inside of him, i liked the relation with the others rangers and the fact in the start be a comflit between Taylor and Cole because of the leadership of the team and we see to the violence is not the first choise of Cole in the battle, i liked to see Cole try to understand the Orgs and find out the orgs dont have heart

Merrick as awesome ranger and is story as well made in xpecial the fact happens a connection betweeen Merrick and Shayla because in the past they are much close, i liked to see first debut as Zen-Aku who almost destroyed the rangers and take almost all Wild zords of the rangers and see of Animus as be connection with him, because in the battles Merrick is always the lone wolf and in the start dont care much about the team but just destroy the Orgs, i liked the story arc with Kite

Taylor as the first as found the animarium and i liked a lot because and the starts she dont like much of Cole because Cole dont agreed with the Book of Rules and i liked when she accepted Cole as new leader and as a moment and Cole want try to talk and the Orgs and Taylor try to tell dont talk with some like that, i liked Taylor be the one always try to save the rangers and try to not bring someone is note realtion with the rangers to the Animarium i liked Taylor be is the one as been in the army and give up to be a ranger

Alyssa she is hot and i liked be one the University and even as time to save the world, she have is moments but i dont know much about her, her father find out about she as the white ranger, and she fight a lot well with is fighting style, i liked when she finds the truth about Cole parents and try to hide just for protect Cole

Max well he is a good ranger we know about is past, he is playing bowling and he is always the kid of the team because the others dont see him like a man i liked is relation with the Black ranger as cool because they are good friends and always help each other i liked when he faces is fear to battle the orgs, and have is good moments in the WF

Danny he ie a cool ranger and fights really cool and like of Kendall but he gives up of her because he wants to finish is mission and have is moments in WF

Mr. Black
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM

As Rangers, they were pretty interesting, especially Cole.

Mr. White
05-04-2010, 11:25 PM

They were cool... but I didn't really like Max

ForeverBlue
05-05-2010, 06:00 AM
The WF cast was pretty good.

Taylor was my only favorite WF Ranger :p

Fury Diamond
05-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Jessica Rey, Philip Andrews, and Ann Marie Crouch were awesome!

SirGreen
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Jessica is a sweet girl but were not talking about that lol. Taylor was definately my favorite. Yellow leader power! Shes sassy

Danny was cool but put max and him together were annoying. Mr jungle boy hmmmm

Hears All
05-05-2010, 03:51 PM
They had a solid cast, I liked everyone, Cole could have been better, but I feel he is not as bad as people say

rangerfan998
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
It was a great season.

I also find bizzare the attitude that adapting sentai = automatic suck. Wild Force did a good job of it for the most part while adding American elements. Plus it had the two greatest teamups ever!

Cmdr Crayfish
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Adapting Sentai without regard for its relative quality or the inability for those stories to be appropriately transposed for American storytelling mores is bad. Period. PR is not a translation. It is an adaptation.

Super Jeff
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I dont understand the max hate but thats just me. While he wasn't my favorite I cant say he was the worst.

As for my Favorites it has to be Cole and Danny. Danny was like the silent giant of the group. As for Cole, I didnt start likng him until they went more into his back story. As well he forgave Master Org for killing his parents. i respected Cole and his descicion. Probably wasnt easy for him.

Digifiend
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
And Cole's story didn't come from Sentai, unlike a lot of elements in this season. Master Org didn't even exist in Gaoranger.

Thrax
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I dont understand the max hate but thats just me. While he wasn't my favorite I cant say he was the worst.

As for my Favorites it has to be Cole and Danny. Danny was like the silent giant of the group. As for Cole, I didnt start likng him until they went more into his back story. As well he forgave Master Org for killing his parents. i respected Cole and his descicion. Probably wasnt easy for him.

When Cole forgive MasterOrg as awesome because at the some point even Coles see MasterOrg even as Dr.Adler

Zuko
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Loved Wild Force.

I think some are too focused with ideas such as "it's too close to the sentai" or "it's not close enough to the sentai." I didn't even know what Sentai was during Wild Force's airing. My love came from the basic but fun character-types, the fun/interesting episodic stories and the wonderful back story for Master Org. I also really enjoyed the relationship shared between Jindrax and Toxica.

Wild Force was, at best, what I loved about Power Rangers and what the later seasons would fail to deliver.

Zuko
05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
PR is not a translation. It is an adaptation.

Power Rangers is simply what it is, regardless of what is "adapted" or "translated". Whether a person enjoys a season or not should not be dependent upon how the season was produced nor how it was written. It should depend on whether or not that person enjoys the content of the show itself.

Thrax
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Power Rangers is simply what it is, regardless of what is "adapted" or "translated". Whether a person enjoys a season or not should not be dependent upon how the season was produced nor how it was written. It should depend on whether or not that person enjoys the content of the show itself.

yh, well in my opinion sometimes the adaptation is much better of the Sentai, because i think the scripts of the American versions are much better, the americans writters know who put the things because sometimes in the Japoneses Sentais much of the things looks much for funny not like the American series, well all depends too of the ideia and the concept of the original because in some series of the PR, the adaptation as much better that the original, the japoneses series series are good but i think the japoneses series in general are good in xpecial in Anime things like Sentai depends of the things are made because we have awesome series with awesome storys

Digifiend
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Considering the ratings, I don't think the Japanese would argue about Gingaman being outclassed by Lost Galaxy - it was popular in the US, and outdid Gingaman when shown in Japan to boot.

Miss CD
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Considering the ratings, I don't think the Japanese would argue about Gingaman being outclassed by Lost Galaxy - it was popular in the US, and outdid Gingaman when shown in Japan to boot.

That one just a myth.

rangerfan998
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Exactly. The attitude that "sentai did this story, so if PR does it, then the story automatically sucks" that confuses me. Either it was a good story or it wasn't.

SirGreen
05-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I kind of thought this would be a bigger threa by now lol. I enjoyed the various zords.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-07-2010, 11:40 PM
That's crap. If a story is bad or too protracted (most of Wild Force's stories were decompressed as HELL -- compare ANY Zen-Aku story to Forever Red, or even the prototypical done in one MMPR episode and get back to me), then blaming it on the Sentai as Jonathan's production regime often did, or Bruce's regime often did, is crap. If you are doing the exact same storylines exactly the same, simply because they were already done? That's being lazy. The Kite story was nonsense. Decompressed, silly nonsense. And when queried about it, the only justification the writers had is "the Sentai did it."

If you can't understand WHAT I am complaining about, that's your problem. When a defense for a story's inadequacies is that you cribbed it from another source? That's no different from claiming you did poorly on your test because you cheated off the kid next to you. A kid who tried to do that would be sent to the principal's office with good reason. THAT SENTAI DID IT IS NO EXCUSE FOR PR DOING IT. EASTERN AND WESTERN STORYTELLING MORES ARE *NOT* ALWAYS INTERCHANGEABLE.

Mugenhunt
05-08-2010, 05:47 PM
It's less "Copying from sentai is bad" and more "copying from sentai without putting any effort to improve it or make it fit in an American context is bad." And WF had more of the latter than the former.

ForeverBlue
05-09-2010, 05:28 AM

Thrax
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM

The villans are awesome really !!!

Hears All
05-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Master Org and Zen-Aku were epic. Those two guys will go down as two of the best. Jindrax and Toxica also had nice chemistry, so they were really good too

Mr. Black
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM

I thought they were pretty cool.

Mr. White
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM

They were cool. Zen-Aku and Master Org were badass:D

bobtherandomguy
05-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I too enjoyed the chemistry between Jindrax and Toxica. Glad they got a happy ending of sorts

Thrax
05-10-2010, 01:38 AM

The villans are awesome in PRWF

MasterOrg the main villan as awesome i liked of he returns and and him always tried to hide is past is been humam, i liked is plans to destroy the rangers and Cole and Him have is first face to face is awesome and him remenbers about Cole parents as awesome, MasterOrg as awesome when became mad and destroy all statues just for bring back Nayzor, i liked when he returns again and wants revenge of the Orgs who betray him and make destroy Toxica and Mandilok and is true form is awesome

Jindrax and Toxica are cool villans but Toxica always suspect as something wrong with MasterOrg and that make find out of MasterOrg as humam, and then MasterOrg make Toxica and Jindrax in there super forms but i like when they go find the new general org Mandilok as cool and them they destroy MasterOrg for short time

Retinaxe as cool, as the personal bodyguard of MasterOrg but is plan to prove himself to MasterOrg as cool, i think Retinaxe as cool villan but in the end as destroy be the MasterOrg

Nayzor a awesome general of the Orgs and i liked a lot of him because with him came Zen-Aku as very cool i liked is ways and when he returns as super Nayzor as cool

Zen Aku Zen-Aku battled the original Wild Force, and was defeated and imprisoned. He awakened in present day, and sought revenge on the successors of the Wild Force powers. Zen-Aku's memory was cloudy - he did not remember his true identity, and did not clearly recall the events which led up to his imprisonment, thus making his motives unclear at times,
The mask of Zen-Aku eventualy reformed, and Zen-Aku was brought back to life, no longer needing a host to live in this world. He went after Merrick to try and merge with him and regain the power they had as one.

Mandilok To help them take down Viktor Adler, Toxica and Jindrax travelled into the desert to an old Org tomb and revived the General Org Mandilok. Mandilok took over for a short while, but was destroyed by Master Org when he returned.

Onicage This devious ninja Duke Org was sent by Master Org to prepare for his arrival, setting up Mandilok and killing Toxica.

Mutorgs In the distant future, three Org spirits are released by Ransik. They copy his DNA

becoming Mutorgs. They travel to the past to team up with Master Org, but are destroyed by the combined forces of the Time Force Rangers and the Wild Force Rangers.

Serpentera Lord Zedd's legendary Zord was dug up from the moon's surface by remnants of the Machine Empire. Fueled by a meo-plutonium reactor, Serpentera arose...

Machine Empire Although the leaders of the Machine Empire were destroyed, five generals remained, who travelled through space, hiding from the forces of good. The eventually made it to Earth's moon, where they unearthed Serpentera and plotted to destroy Earth, led by General Venjix

PRWF as awesome villans with awesome plots and storys !!!

SirStack
05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
People love to bash this season for the acting. "The acting is bad" is very often thrown around.

I've seen the majority of WF actors on other shows and movies. Never do they act exactly like the characters they played on this show. If they were bad actors, you WOULD have them always acting the same way in everything else they did (and for those who acted prior to the show, stuff they did beforehand).

A lot of people don't seem to grasp the concept that the problem isn't the actors at all. They were acting as they were directed. This season, with Tzachor's desire to make the show as much like Sentai as possible, had a great many episodes directed by Taro Sakamoto, a supposedly legendary Sentai director (who'd worked on Zyuranger, for instance). The characters of Wild Force are a direct attempt to adapt the mannerisms and acting style of Sentai. It's very easy to dismiss the Japanese style of acting when there's a language barrier making things more exotic to begin with. There are just certain cultural differences when it comes to how the actors in each country tend to portray the characters. Sentai tends to do very broad pantomime, versus PR's usual more grounded mannerisms. With WF, they were going for more Sentai than an Americanization was capable of with the acting style. It isn't the actors' fault. And clearly, it didn't make that much an impact that any seasons after were treated the same way (getting Doug & Ann back certainly helped curb that). But when you ask for the show to be more like the original, be careful what you wish for. Because some things do not translate well in entirely different cultures, without coming across as absurd and bad.

ForeverBlue
05-10-2010, 06:21 AM
The villains for Wild Force were pretty interesting.

Hears All
05-10-2010, 05:11 PM
People love to bash this season for the acting. "The acting is bad" is very often thrown around.

I think its universally accepted that MMPR had the worst acting. The only actors with any talent on that show were AJJ, Walter, Paul Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy. Everyone got better with time, but it still does not mean we should ignore it

SirGreen
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
They were odd thats for sure lol. I liked him interesting concept. With the horns signalfying their ranks. Off topic love the line in the crossover Tf.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I actually think Austin was a perfectly solid actor. Indeed, his weird voice acting is often at odds with how quiet and intense he usually was, especially in the early episodes.

Crazy Davey
05-11-2010, 04:36 AM
I think its universally accepted that MMPR had the worst acting.

I don't know, man... Lightspeed was pretty wooden in comparison. Jennifer L. Yen made me want to put a drill through my head.

O.92
05-11-2010, 07:53 PM

Mr. White
05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
It was pretty cool. Loved how Zen-Aku stole the ranger's zords

ForeverBlue
05-12-2010, 05:17 AM

It was pretty awesome!

Thrax
05-12-2010, 05:45 AM

The storyline of Zen-Aku as awesome, a awesome plot for a new villan like him and because he is the one of destroy MasterOrg in the past

Great fights against Zen Aku. This guy is no joke
Toxica and Jindrax try to destroy Zen-Aku to steal the animals crystals , but Zen-Aku gets the best of them.
Zen-Aku confronts the Rangers, and tells them he will get his revenge.
Zen Aku and is evil Dark Wild Zords are awesome to form the Predazord
Master Org tells Nayzor that it won't be long before Zen-Aku regains his memory, that as awesome MasterOrg as afraid of Zen Aku remember
The Battles between Cole and Zen Aku are coolest
He summons his Zords, and for the first time, combines them into the Predazord.
Predazord ends it with a whopper - the Predator Wave.
I loved when Zen Aku takes many Zords of the rangers
When they find out Zen-Aku are humam
I liked when Zen Aku protected the puppy and live
When Animus comes for the first time is awesome
The final battles between Zen Aku and the rangers are awesome and we find out the true identiny of Zen Aku

SirGreen
05-12-2010, 08:37 AM
His 3 zord combination i felt was unique. He is pretty coool

Thrax
05-12-2010, 09:00 AM
His 3 zord combination i felt was unique. He is pretty coool

yh, that as the first time the rangers are almost defeatea well Tommy did the some thing as Green evil ranger !!!

Mr. Black
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM

Loved that fact that he had his own zords, that later became Purified when he became the Lunar Ranger. Other than that, it was awesome!

Thrax
05-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Merrick as awesome Lunar wolf ranger i liked him a lot and in the start he is the lone wolf og the team !!!

Hears All
05-13-2010, 05:04 PM

The best part of the season, IMO. It was fun to see the Rangers get slapped around every episode

Mr. Pink
05-13-2010, 11:32 PM
i liked the zord stealing as well

ForeverBlue
05-18-2010, 05:31 AM
This thread has gotten quiet lol

What did you think of the Time Force/Wild Force team up and also the anniversary team up "ForeverRed"?

Digifiend
05-18-2010, 05:35 AM
I think we're all distracted by the Saban news, lol.

Reinforcements from The Future was a good two-parter, and Forever Red? They should've fleshed it out as a two-parter, instead of hastily resolving it with the Wild Force Rider! Cole looked bigger than Red Dragon Thunderzord, they definitely messed up Serpentera's scale. Shame we didn't see a zord battle.

Thrax
05-18-2010, 06:40 AM
This thread has gotten quiet lol

well both team ups are awesome in my opinion really

"Reinforcements from the Future,"

I liked to see Taylor as got a tiket for be very fast in the road
The Mutorgs are awesome and very powerfull indeed even dont see Jindrax and Toxica as is Masters
Mutorgs vs Wes and Eric are awesome, the mutorgs kiss *** of the Time Force rangers even the Wild force rangers come to help them, i really liked to see the way of Tyalor recognize Eric as the one who give her a tiket
Taylor dont like much of the Eric
Eric and Wes contact Trip in the future and find out of Jen as give her a mission to find this Mutorgs
I really like whe Wes and Eric ask for Taylor help and they go to the Animarium and Eric speak about is Q-rex
The rangers find out about the Mutants are really Mutorgs, and the in some moments we see the chemestry are between Taylor and Eric when they see Max and Danny make fools
Lucas and Katie go ask Nadira help for go to talk with Ransik
The battle between the Rangers and Eric and Wes in there side are awesome but even they dont have a change aganst the Mutorgs, when Wes is almost go to be destroyed Jen save him and they live
The Mutorgs go to the Nexus and join forces with the MasterOrg

Back at the Animarium, Wes asks Jen why the heck she didn't get in touch with him while she was here.
They're interrupted by a transmission from Circuit, who tells them that the other Rangers are on the way.
They meet the Rangers by the beach, and are surprised to find that Ransik is with them. Cole reads his heart, and suggests that they trust him. They all go back to the Animarium, and Ransik tells them how the Mutorgs came to be.
In the future, he came across three Orgs entombed in stone. When he set them free, the Orgs copied his DNA to create bodies, making them Mutorgs. In exchange, they gave him the power to pull weapons from his body.
He is truly sorry for what he did, and offers to help. Jen accepts, and frees him from the shackles.
Master Org takes the Mutorgs to a power plant, which will be destroyed to pollute the environment.
The Rangers rush tothe plant. Trip works on shutting down the reactor.
Taylor, Katie, and Eric stake out the reactor, which is protected by Putrids.
Jen and Alyssa run into some Putrids as well, and take them out with guns.
Ransik, Nadira, Wes, and Cole encounter the Mutorgs.
The Mutorgs charge up an energy ball. Ransik runs straight into it and makes it blow up in their faces.
Ransik is hurt, but he successfully destroyed the mutant halves of the Mutorgs.
Trip shuts down the reactor, and gives Taylor the ok to destroy it.
The weakened Mutorgs try to make a run for it, but Merrick stops them.
Everyone else joins, and all 12 Rangers morph and attack.
Trip, Lucas, Danny, and Max fight one of the Mutorgs.
Jen and Alyssa take on another. Alyssa gives him a kick in mid air.
Katie and Taylor team up against agroup of Putrids.
Cole and Wes take on the third Mutorg.
Merrick and Eric use their firepower to wipe out another group of Putrids.
The Mutorgs are getting scared now.
The boys in red whip out their armors.
All of the Rangers shoot and blast the heck out of the Mutorgs.
They head back to Ransik, and find Nadira kneeling over him.
It's a miracle! Ransik's mutant half has also been destroyed!
The Rangers celebrate with a picnic, where Max shows his moves.
Lucas takes Nadira away to do who-knows-what.
Taylor and Eric flirt under a tree.
Katie beats Danny at arm wrestling.
Cole and Wes race for the girls.

"Forever Red"

Machine Empire forces have gathered on Earth's moon. An army of Cogs digs up the evil Zord, Serpentera.
They are being spied on by Andros, the Red Space Ranger, sporting his signature cloak.
He is spotted after making some noise, but he manages to escape on his Galaxy Glider.
At Bulkmeyer's, Bulk and Skull talk about old times while playing Psycho Ranger chess. The phone rings.
They nervously pass the call on to a mysterious stranger sitting poolside.
Wild Force is approached by Carter Grayson, Red Lightspeed Ranger. He asks Cole to come with him for a special mission.
Carter and Cole go to a NASADA space port, where Eric and Wes have already arrived.
They are joined shortly by Theodore J. Jarvis Johnson, the Red Turbo Ranger. "Please, call me TJ."
Andros arrives, and tells them that they have all been gathered by a veteran Ranger for a special mission.
In walks Tommy Oliver, Red Zeo Ranger. Heexplains to them that Machine Empire forces have survived.
Under the command of General Venjix, they are amassing their forces on the moon, preparing to invade Earth.
When Cole asks how they are getting to the moon, Andros unveils the Astro Megaship mark 2.
Just as Tommy wonders why the final Red Ranger has not arrived yet, a biker pulls up to the space port - Jason, the original Red Ranger.
He greets the new faces, as well as his old friend Tommy. "You didn't think I was going to let you do this without the original Red Ranger, did you?"
The eight heroes march to the Astro Megaship and take off for the moon.
Venjix gives a speech to his troops about avenging King Mondo.
On Mirinoi, Leo pulls his Quasar Saber from the stone, ready for action.
The Rangers gather on the Megaship, along with Alpha 7. They are told of the Machine Empire'shistory, as well as their plans to dig up Serpentera.
With Serpentera dug up, and a new power source in place, Venjix and his soldiers prepare to board it.
The Red Rangers storm the place and tell Venjix where to stuff it. He sends the Cogs to attack them.
Jason shows us why he is the man, and kicks Cog can with his amazing martial arts abilities.
Carter shows us why he is a wuss, and shoots the Cogs with his Rescue Blaster instead.
Wes snags a Cog weapon and uses it against them.
Cole shows off his monkey style fighting techniques.
With the Rangers occupied, the Machine warriors go to Serpentera.
Cole breaks away from the fight to stop them, but the Machines open fire.
Cole is saved just in time by Leo and Aurico, who fly in on a Jet Jammer.
The other Rangers come out after defeating the Cogs.
They all morph, ready to kick some serious Machine butt.
Cole and Jason team up to take on General Venjix.
Jason shows the rookie how it's done with a corkscrew kick.
Tommyand Wes take on the mean green machine Gerrok.
Tommy finishes him off with a Zeo Power Kick.
The femme bot of the group, Tezzla, fires at Aurico and Eric.
They take her down by joining their weapons and firing.
Leo flies up from a cloud of smoke and slashes the Machine warrior.
TJ destroys him on his way down with the Lightning Sword.
Andros and Carter take on the blaster weilding Steelon..
They expertly dodge, and use their blasters to knock him off a cliff.
Battered from the fight, Venjix runs off and boards Serpentera.
He takes to the skies in the gigantic Zord. Jason suggests that they head to the Megaship.
Carter says there isn't time, he must be stopped before be reaches Earth. The rookie has an idea.
Cole summons the Wild Rider, and flies off after Serpentera.
Serpentera mouths off at the Wild Force Ranger.
Cole bobs and weaves on his ride, avoiding the blasts.
He charges right at Serpentera as it fires, and is able to withstand it.
He continues flying into its mouth, pushing the blast back into it.
Venjix screams in anger as Serpentera blows up around him.
As Cole emerges from the explosion, Jason congratulates him. "I gotta admit, you did well rookie."
Back on Earth, Tommy thanks them all for helping to save Earth. "May the power protect you."
Cole watches in awe as Tommy leaves. "He really is the greatest Ranger."
The others laugh at him, and try to outdo each other by bragging of their own exploits.

The both team up are awesome but Forever red i thing should br Forever red 1 e 2

Digifiend
05-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Hope everyone's already seen them, because you just pretty much spoilered the entire episodes, lol!

SirGreen
05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Wow thrax that was a mouth full!!

I enjoyed the team up between the two teams. I thought it was pretty cool. I enjoyed the line from the WF grunts saying to Tf grunts they have a lot of horns what is their rank!?

Forever red only complaint i really have is i dont think cole should of been the one to destroy serpentera even though it was his season. It was to um wellk easy. I loved seeing everyone come back. I would love to see them make an episode with jason fighting the dark ranger. Also tommy finding his zeoizer

Digifiend
05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, would've been better if it was Jason in a rebuilt Thunder Megazord.

SirGreen
05-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes jason yes his thunderzord just not the thunder megazord it displeases me :p

bobtherandomguy
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
kinda interesting that the month the saban buy back shows up is the month we're covering the first season he didn't do

Digifiend
05-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Red Dragon can't fly in warrior mode without the Thunderzord Assault Team, it would need all five zords. That's how he fought Serpentera in The Power Transfer. My thinking was that he could've landed Red Dragon on Serpentera's head, formed the Megazord there, and jumped inside and destroyed him internally like Cole did (destroying the zords too, but Jason would escape by jumping onto Andros' Astro Glider or Leo's Jet Jammer). At least a Megazord would be more to scale than the cycle was.

SirGreen
05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
I like that idea. Anything would be better than coles defeat of it. He could always jump in while in dragon mode at least i think

Thrax
05-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Red Dragon can't fly in warrior mode without the Thunderzord Assault Team, it would need all five zords. That's how he fought Serpentera in The Power Transfer. My thinking was that he could've landed Red Dragon on Serpentera's head, formed the Megazord there, and jumped inside and destroyed him internally like Cole did (destroying the zords too, but Jason would escape by jumping onto Andros' Astro Glider or Leo's Jet Jammer). At least a Megazord would be more to scale than the cycle was.

That as really cool if that happen Jason call is Red dragon Zord and with the Red dragon comes the others Thunderzords and form the Thunder Megazord will be awesome and Andros for the Astro Megazord and Leo call the Red Lion GalactaZord all Red zords battles aganst Serpentera will be really epic but for something like that happen, the Forever red have to at least 3 parts in opinion of Course

ForeverBlue
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
The TF/WF team up was great! Lots of action :D

As for ForeverRed, it was pretty good.

Mr. Black
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
What did you think of the Time Force/Wild Force team up and also the anniversary team up "Forever Red"?

Reinforcements was good, serving as an update as to what the Time Force Rangers are up to. Plus Jen wearing leather was...interesting. The team-up was awesome as well.

Forever Red, while it should have been a two parter, was still a very awesome team-up of the Red Rangers, as well as seeing Bulk and Skull again.

Digifiend
05-18-2010, 06:15 PM
That as really cool if that happen Jason call is Red dragon Zord and with the Red dragon comes the others Thunderzords and form the Thunder Megazord will be awesome and Andros for the Astro Megazord and Leo call the Red Lion GalactaZord all Red zords battles aganst Serpentera will be really epic but for something like that happen, the Forever red have to at least 3 parts in opinion of CourseI think the zord battle (I think there was one originally planned, with 10 Megazords including Thunder) got cut for budget reasons rather than time, and also to promote the current toys instead of old ones. Shame.

Mr. White
05-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Reinforcements was cool and Forever Red was a bit rushed but it was awsome:D

Thrax
05-19-2010, 12:24 AM
"Reinforcements from the Future," as cool too becauser made a connection between Orgs and Mutants and explains the reason why Ransik as sow powefull !!

O.92
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM

ForeverBlue
05-19-2010, 04:34 PM
It was great!

SirGreen
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
It was pretty good. Not really unexpected

Mr. Black
05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Pretty cool, but unexpected in my eyes.

Mr. White
05-19-2010, 09:18 PM

It was cool

Thrax
05-19-2010, 10:18 PM

That as awesome storyline !!!

mnikolic
05-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Wild Force was a decent PR season. It had goot plots, storylines, only the acting was a little childish and a bit unprofessional.

Forever Red was a cool episode, although I wish the Megazord battle would happen.

The Time Force/Wild Force team-up episodes were awesome. It's a shame the monster suits that were originally intented for the episode, got lost in a fire in one of the storage halls.

Thrax
05-20-2010, 11:00 AM

I liked a lot, the ideia as pretty we find out Cole and Dr.Adler parents are connected that as awesome, i really liked when MasterOrg recognice Cole is that baby that as awesome, When Dr.Adler eat the seeds and became the MasterOrg as awesome, I loved the fact of MasterOrg as the memories of the Animaria and be the memories of Cole parents to remenber of that, I really loved When Jindrax and Toxica dont reconginze the MasterOrg as is Master and try to destroy him and try to destroy him and them as go to find Mandilok and Mandilok take over the place of MasterOrg and then the true horn as born and becames a real MasterOrg and comes to revenge aganst is traitors and destroy Mandilok and Toxica that as awesome for is return.

The Final form of MasterOrg is awesome when we returns to is revenge and even Cole continues to see him as the humam, but Cole understand he is no moe a humam but a Org complete

ForeverBlue
05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Thrax, you could have just edited your original post up there and added that instead of making a new post.

Digifiend
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
There's more than 12 hours difference... it's a bump up - not really needed in a stickied thread, lol.

SirStack
05-22-2010, 02:15 AM
I feel the need to point something out to people who have a hard time understanding the ending of the Zen-Aku story.

When we see Merrick being shadowed by Zen-Aku in the finale, it's not in his head. It's not a dream, or an illusion, or an imaginary story (despite what Alyssa would have the kiddies believe).

Zen-Aku was once an honest-to-badness Duke Org, wolf-based. For whatever reasons, Org General Nayzor trapped his spirit in a mask, cursing him to exist only when someone made the mistake of wearing the mask to agument their own power (namely, Merrick). The Rangers were able to free Merrick of the curse of the mask, by breaking it. But during the next full moon, the mask was restored by the celestial body that gave it power to begin with. Zen-Aku didn't need a human host any more, but was still confined to the original curse of the mask. He was still doing Nayzor's bidding, effectively, even beyond the grave. When the Rangers broke his horn in "Unfinished Business", the mask curse was finally broken, and his original Wolf Org spirit was freed. What we see in the finale was Zen-Aku as he was originally (though in the script, his horn was to be broken, but that ended up not being done to the suit during filming). He's no longer a pawn to the grand Org scheme, and like Jindrax & Toxica, can find his own place in the world.

There's plenty of intended metaphor in the ending, that Merrick carries the shadow of his misdeeds as Zen-Aku with him wherever he goes, but if it were as simple as "Zen-Aku isn't there", there wouldn't be a gust of wind prior to his appearance, and he surely wouldn't be seeking redemption as Merrick was.

Thrax
05-22-2010, 02:34 AM
I feel the need to point something out to people who have a hard time understanding the ending of the Zen-Aku story.

When we see Merrick being shadowed by Zen-Aku in the finale, it's not in his head. It's not a dream, or an illusion, or an imaginary story (despite what Alyssa would have the kiddies believe).

Zen-Aku was once an honest-to-badness Duke Org, wolf-based. For whatever reasons, Org General Nayzor trapped his spirit in a mask, cursing him to exist only when someone made the mistake of wearing the mask to agument their own power (namely, Merrick). The Rangers were able to free Merrick of the curse of the mask, by breaking it. But during the next full moon, the mask was restored by the celestial body that gave it power to begin with. Zen-Aku didn't need a human host any more, but was still confined to the original curse of the mask. He was still doing Nayzor's bidding, effectively, even beyond the grave. When the Rangers broke his horn in "Unfinished Business", the mask curse was finally broken, and his original Wolf Org spirit was freed. What we see in the finale was Zen-Aku as he was originally (though in the script, his horn was to be broken, but that ended up not being done to the suit during filming). He's no longer a pawn to the grand Org scheme, and like Jindrax & Toxica, can find his own place in the world.

There's plenty of intended metaphor in the ending, that Merrick carries the shadow of his misdeeds as Zen-Aku with him wherever he goes, but if it were as simple as "Zen-Aku isn't there", there wouldn't be a gust of wind prior to his appearance, and he surely wouldn't be seeking redemption as Merrick was.

well about Zen-aku when he appears in Ending i think is Animus in the body of Zen-Aku in my opinion but Zen Aku as awesome vilan in the Org army

mnikolic
05-22-2010, 06:43 AM
well about Zen-aku when he appears in Ending i think is Animus in the body of Zen-Aku in my opinion but Zen Aku as awesome vilan in the Org army

No. Animus would never do that. He is one of the Wild Zords. No... he's THEIR BOSS. Besides, he told on screen he would never fight alongside Orgs, so it doesn't make sense that he takes an Org form and follows a Wild Force Power Ranger wherever he goes.

I think Zen-Aku in the last WF episode is either a ghost or just a 3000 years-old friend in Merrick's mind.

PowerOnyx
05-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Granted, WF had some bad acting. The rest...was GOLD.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-22-2010, 05:49 PM
The wind -- Merrick's danger sense, as he was in constant commune with nature -- would not WARN him of the presence of Animus. His friend, mentor, and a living god. We only ever saw the wind smack Merrick around when an Org was present.

(oh how I wish we'd kept Amit's intended scene of the ascended Master Org causing a gust of wind so violent Merrick goes flying into a tree...)

Mr. White
05-22-2010, 07:23 PM
The wind -- Merrick's danger sense, as he was in constant commune with nature -- would not WARN him of the presence of Animus. His friend, mentor, and a living god. We only ever saw the wind smack Merrick around when an Org was present.

(oh how I wish we'd kept Amit's intended scene of the ascended Master Org causing a gust of wind so violent Merrick goes flying into a tree...)

That would've been awsome

SirGreen
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Indeed i t would of been

Cmdr Crayfish
05-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Honestly, Merrick is the first Ranger to actually possess a civilian power in the classic Beetleborgs/Disney's Power Rangers sense of the term. He possesses it due to his commune with the living spirit of the planet, much as the Wind Rangers possess it due to the disciplines best attenuated to their individual spirits, Grid harmonies, and personalities. Better still, since like the Ninja Storm and Mystic Force powers it CAN actually be taught to others. Much as Andros noted telekinesis can be taught to anyone with enough time and patience. Or Maya noted empathic abilities can be taught to anyone.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-22-2010, 11:36 PM
(and don't give me crap about how Cole has the lionheart -- I DON'T consider that a civilian power any more than I do Maya's empathy, which she possessed long before being chosen by the Wolf Saber)

ForeverBlue
05-23-2010, 03:58 AM

O.92
05-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Secrets & Lies and The Master's Last Stand were both some of PR's most solid episodes IMO.

rangerfan998
05-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Secrets & Lies and The Master's Last Stand were both some of PR's most solid episodes IMO.

I agree. Add to those, both team-ups, the finale and the episode with Lion Tamer Org.

ForeverBlue
05-23-2010, 03:40 PM
My favorites... the Zen-Aku saga episodes, Power Play, The Wings of Animaria, Reinforcements from the Future part 1-2, Unfinished Business, The Master's Last Stand, ForeverRed, The Master's Hearald, Sealing the Nexus, End of the Power Rangers part 1-2

Mr. White
05-23-2010, 03:57 PM
The finale, Reinforcements, Forever Red, and the Zen-Aku/Merrick arc

SirGreen
05-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I had to look them up cuz i forgot the names lol This is the time i started drifting in and out bad

Reinforements from the future, Wing of animaria ( i think this is the one where they go on the mission and forget everything), Forever Red, Merrick arc

Thrax
05-23-2010, 11:49 PM

"Lionheart"
"Darkness Awakening"
"Ancient Awakening"
"Soul Searching"
"Soul Bird Salvation"
"Curse of the Wolf"
"Battle of the Zords"
"Predazord, Awaken"
"Revenge of Zen-Aku"
"Identity Crisis"
"The Ancient Warrior"
"The Lone Wolf"
"Power Play"
"Secrets and Lies"
"Sing Song"
"The Wings of Animaria"
"Reinforcements from the Future, Pt. 1,2"
"The Master's Last Stand"
"Unfinished Business"
"Homecoming"
"The Flute"
"Team Carnival"
"Taming of the Zords"
"Monitoring Earth"
"The Soul of Humanity"
"Forever Red"
"The Master's Herald, Pt. 1,2"
"Fishing for a Friend"
"Sealing the Nexus"
"The End of the Power Rangers, Pt. 1,2"

WF episodes are pretty good and bring some new writters to the POWER RANGERS !!!

SirGreen
05-24-2010, 12:29 PM
:o_O: Thrax that was pretty much every episode.....

ForeverBlue
05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
He mentioned that he rather do that.

Cyan
05-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Team-Up. Forever Red for the fan-service, I guess.

The problem with Wild Force is that it was an adaption of Gaoranger, not only that, but it was pretty much a direct copy of Gaoranger. And Gaoranger's story sucked. It sucked hard. The whole mecha thing was boring, and got way out of control, sadly being the first of many to overload on damnable mecha.

People complain about the actors, but I think it's already been stated that the characters are the problem. Cole sucks, and screw Forever Red and its bloody magic bike thingy. Rookie Red with little personality, other than he can... "speak" with animals. Backstory was alright, and certainly one of the high points.

Danny and Max were Ho-Yay with bad characterization in a Kids Show. Boring stereotypes. A gentle giant and... I wanna say loud dork? Ugh, Max was irritating. Danny was less so, but still vapid and boring.

Talking about vapid and uninteresting, Trini. Wait, sorry, Alyssa. Adorable, nice, Mary Sue-ish, adorable and adorable. Did I mention adorable? She was eye candy, the first white-suited girl, which was cool... yeah. Closet theory that the character is secretly depressed and somewhat of a sociopath (since all Mary Sues are), and I'm going to say pining after, oh let's say Tommy. They were in the same scene once, I think. Oh Fanon/Personal Canon...

Taylor was the best character. Generic-ish, but eh, better than the rest. It's a shame after two female leaders (well... she is technically), there isn't another one in any of the Disney seasons, but whatever.

Toxica and Jindrax were the comic relief, but my gosh, "Fishing for a Friend" remains the best standalone WF episode, even if it still sorta sucks. Then again, the enemies always rock, except when they don't. Master Org is cool. I forget the other enemies.

Merrick's just part of the plot, introduced in a boring, slow-paced, far-too-Sentai-styled enemy arc. And the story was rehashed in Gekiranger, right down to being a wolf (huh, theme much?). Princess Shayla is a Mary Sue, whatever, terrible.

Worse than the Saban series, better than the Bruce Kalish era. Watchable, but not that good.

Cmdr Crayfish
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Man, you're loose with the Mary Sue terminology. Nobody in the world wants to BE Shayla. And there's no conjecture involved, just wasted potential: Alyssa was supposed to be manic, deranged, and right this side of a nervous breakdown. The real problem with Wild Force stems from the fact that Amit had built this whole massive mythology in around the margins of the Gaoranger storyline he was mandated to copy verbatim because Jonathan was no longer concerned with the PR franchise as it had ever existed as its own entity, and then when the other writers just copied Gaoranger unconcerned for the stuff Amit had invented out of whole cloth to make a sucky Sentai suck less, things fell apart. A Father's Footsteps was supposed to be when Alyssa snapped. Okay. So why didn't she? Why did we simply get a WORSE version of the existing Gao episode? Why did we get episodes like Secrets and Lies which were fantastic and brilliantly interwoven with the US backstory (the one part of PRWF that unquestionably worked) and then crap like this?

Besides, "magic bike" isn't anybody's fault. Disney slashed the budget to nothing. They didn't even have the money to FINISH THE EPISODE as it existed. Bandai offered the remaining funds if they would promote the Wild Force Rider. The episode would have languished or simply never been released as it stood. If you had two weeks to resolve everything, were in the middle of transitioning BS&P teams while still in pre and post production for different clusters of episodes, and Bandai DICTATED what toy you needed to be promoting in order to get the funds necessary to wrap production on the episode, I would like to see you do better.

Mr. White
05-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Team-Up. Forever Red for the fan-service, I guess.

The problem with Wild Force is that it was an adaption of Gaoranger, not only that, but it was pretty much a direct copy of Gaoranger. And Gaoranger's story sucked. It sucked hard. The whole mecha thing was boring, and got way out of control, sadly being the first of many to overload on damnable mecha.

People complain about the actors, but I think it's already been stated that the characters are the problem. Cole sucks, and screw Forever Red and its bloody magic bike thingy. Rookie Red with little personality, other than he can... "speak" with animals. Backstory was alright, and certainly one of the high points.

Danny and Max were Ho-Yay with bad characterization in a Kids Show. Boring stereotypes. A gentle giant and... I wanna say loud dork? Ugh, Max was irritating. Danny was less so, but still vapid and boring.

Talking about vapid and uninteresting, Trini. Wait, sorry, Alyssa. Adorable, nice, Mary Sue-ish, adorable and adorable. Did I mention adorable? She was eye candy, the first white-suited girl, which was cool... yeah. Closet theory that the character is secretly depressed and somewhat of a sociopath (since all Mary Sues are), and I'm going to say pining after, oh let's say Tommy. They were in the same scene once, I think. Oh Fanon/Personal Canon...

Taylor was the best character. Generic-ish, but eh, better than the rest. It's a shame after two female leaders (well... she is technically), there isn't another one in any of the Disney seasons, but whatever.

Toxica and Jindrax were the comic relief, but my gosh, "Fishing for a Friend" remains the best standalone WF episode, even if it still sorta sucks. Then again, the enemies always rock, except when they don't. Master Org is cool. I forget the other enemies.

Merrick's just part of the plot, introduced in a boring, slow-paced, far-too-Sentai-styled enemy arc. And the story was rehashed in Gekiranger, right down to being a wolf (huh, theme much?). Princess Shayla is a Mary Sue, whatever, terrible.

Worse than the Saban series, better than the Bruce Kalish era. Watchable, but not that good.

Delphine was the first white female ranger

Digifiend
05-24-2010, 04:47 PM
:o_O: Thrax that was pretty much every episode.....He does that every time...

Thrax
05-25-2010, 02:48 AM
:o_O: Thrax that was pretty much every episode.....

in fact there are 33 episodes !!!

O.92
05-25-2010, 04:16 PM

ForeverBlue
05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
^The finale was really good. A very good way to end Wild Force

SirGreen
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
All the zords coming bacl really cool

Thrax
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM

Was really epic, the final battle between the rangers vs MasterOrg i really liked a lot !!!

Mr. White
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Finale was cool. Loved the destruction of the zords and the final scene where they stood up to Master Org even without their powers.

Thrax
05-26-2010, 06:45 AM

The start as pretty good with they celebrate of the end of the Orgs as cool in xpecial when Max tell WE SAVE THE EARTH, THE POWER RANGERS ARE OVER !!!
I really liked the scenes when they speak about of they will do when the rangers are over, the scenes Cole and Taylor, Max and Danny and see Princess Shayla in the animarium prepared of she as to do.
The scene in the NEXUS as awesome with the Org Heart and the explosion with a sow powerfull spirit Org and we see the some vides attack the city
MasterOrg return in is tru final form i really loved that form as awesome the MasterOrg and the battle agasnt the ranger are pretty cool the rangers dont have a change agasnt such new Power even Cole use the Battlyzer and is destroyed by MasterOrg with the Nexus blade as awesome, MasterOrg grow and Animus come to Battle him and the battle begins, Merrick stays and the others rangers goes to the Animarium.
Merrick and Animus battle MasterOrg but they are both destroyed by MasterOrg power the Predazord as destroyed sow as Animus
I liked the scene of Animarium come and Save Kite and Merrick of be destroyed by MasterOrg, Animus as gone again and MasterOrg come to Animarium and the Wild Zords begins to defead the Animarium the Falcon Zord is the first to Go.
When the rangers Morph i really liked of that new Morph in the episode and form the Komgazord striker aganst MasterOrg the battle as really cool when the others Zords come to help and Deer Zord paralyzes MasterOrg and the Komgazord does the final strike and just remains the Org Heart and MasterOrg return again and finish with all Wild Zord and remains the 5 Wild Zord and they decide to Stand up and battle the MasterOrg but the are destroy for the MasterOrg i really liked of that scene when the Wild Force Megazord as destroyed and the Morphers gone
Master Org spears the ground, causing the Animarium to fall that as really cool in xpecial when MasterOrg covers the World in Darkness and begins in reign of terror on the world pretty awesome

The Animarium fall in Turtle cove and the rangers fall in him in the city, we see the rangers give up of fight but they see MasterOrg is advange to the city
Cole tell the others there always hope and they have to fight
The rangers battle the Putrids to aganst all changes but they can handle them
Cole see a kid and many Putrids and goes savem him for moments i think that Kid will transform in the Animus and help them
I liked when Cole goes to the face of MasterOrg and MasterOrg trow him and the others go help him
The rangers made a epic role call with no powers i really liked that role call because even in the inside of Darkness there always a little light inside of that Darkness of MasterOrg created
MasterOrg as goe to made the final strike aganst the rangers and he is top a BIG LIGHT and that light is the Wild Zord as return and come to the help the rangers aganst MasterOrg
The sky brightens, and several Wild Zords emerge in orbs of light, The Rangers' own Zords return to them, and restore their powers and they made a final roll call
All the Wild Zords combine their powers, and destroy Master Org with an Ultra Roar i liked of that attack
The Rangers finish the job by destroying the Org heart with the Jungle Sword and destroy finally the MasterOrg
The rangers see in the all Wild Zord together in the animarium and come the time of they have to give is morphers to the Princess
She collects the Rangers' Growl Phones and vests, and leaves to go back to sleep at the temple.
She raises the Animarium back into the sky as the citizens look on.
Some time later, Cole makes his peace with Dr. Adler, leaving a single flower by his grave. He uses his talents to help animals.
Taylor has rejoined the Air Force, and continues to fly with the Yellow Eagle every day.
Danny and Max embark on the "Never Give Up" tour, visiting places all over the globe.
Merrick leaves Turtle Cove and journeys around the world. He is joined on his adventures by an unlikely companion - Zen-Aku.
As the narrator wraps up the STORY we see that it was a kindergarten teacher telling it to her students. That teacher is Alyssa.

That as epic final for the POWER RANGERS WILD FORCE !!!

HenshinRebel
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
The end of the Power Rangers was okay as a finale. Not a lot to say about it since it was the Gaoranger finale translated. But it was okay.

Thrax
05-27-2010, 05:19 AM
The end of the Power Rangers was okay as a finale. Not a lot to say about it since it was the Gaoranger finale translated. But it was okay.

well i liked of the final of the WF but like you tell is a Gaoranger finale translated, but i think i expect something liked a Amercian final and not to much like the Gaoranger

Mr. Black
05-27-2010, 07:49 AM

Pretty awesome!

Fury Diamond
05-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the PRWF ending. The finale did have some good moments:

7KKkRlCUwDs

Nu4SSzBQBhw

dXiADE59LAQ

Thrax
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Yh, WF as really good moments in the final episodes !!

Daniel 1 Red
05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Man, Ill never forget the episode when WF met TF...great times

Thrax
05-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Man, Ill never forget the episode when WF met TF...great times

Both finales are awesome !!!

Jacen Solo
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
"The End of the Power Rangers" was a neat finale. Part 1 had that "we're so screwed" feeling to it. Of course we knew that Master Org wasn't gone, but the Rangers didn't know that. And they got trashed!! Talk about zord demolition.

O.92
05-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Coming off of finales like Journey's End, Fate of Lightspeed, and End of Time, WF's finale seemed to be not so great. But hey, matching finales like those isn't easy.

O.92
05-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Thrax
05-30-2010, 10:03 PM

WF as a awesome season with cool storylines, awsomes villans and awesome team ups !!!

Mr. White
05-30-2010, 10:44 PM

It was an alright season

Mr. Pink
05-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Introducing the final wild zords (peacock, zebra, rat, stingray) seemed random...

I feel like its aged better than some of the other seasons

ForeverBlue
05-31-2010, 05:27 AM

WF was such a great season with a very good storyline and many great episodes including the team ups and the finale.

Jacen Solo
05-31-2010, 06:48 AM
The general storylines were stellar, though the acting was sub-par. I've still only ever seen a few episodes; I've been looking for them but can't find them.

Re. the finale. Cole's shirtless scene. Kinda random, especially as it was raining. Oh well. I'm sure the girls enjoyed it.

Mr. Black
05-31-2010, 09:25 AM

A pretty good season.

galaxy_ben
10-07-2010, 10:18 AM

Easily "The Masters Hearld" thats one of my favourites of all time.

But there was lots of other great episodes too.

MMPRfan90
10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Watching Wild Force for the first time ever outside of "Forever Red" and "Reinforcements from the Future" and wow.....that's all I can say about these first 6 episodes. Here are a few notes:
-I made it to the 4th episode and.....WOW! The Danny/Max thing was WAY over the top and way too much, especially this early in the season. I mean all the "You're the best friend I've ever had"" and both of them yelling, "NEVER GIVE UUUUUUUPPPPPP!" WTF?!
-Another interesting scene in that same episode was when Max was being bandaged up after searching for a ghost, Danny was wearing a shirt that said "HOT STUFF". Just found that interesting LOL!
-The team bathing Cole in episode 3 and Max holding the soap. REALLY weird.....this **** has been so bizarre to watch LOL!
-In the 5th episode, "Ancient Awakening". The ridiculousness of watching Cole try to learn how to ride a motorcycle and the pure stupidity of Alyssa not disguising Princess Shayla when she took her out in public. After that was when the rangers left Shayla alone out in the open to when they called the Wildzords despite the fact that she was JUST kidnapped and ended up getting kidnapped again! WTF?!

galaxy_ben
10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
it does get better btw

"Never Give up" is the worst ep in the season. But "Lionheart" and "Wishes on the Water" i thought were pretty good.

Thrax
10-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Well PRWF have there moments and sometimes dont, but i think they made a awesome season of the PR.

ZoeJeren
10-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I loved this season, sure its had its bad acting here and there, but over all if you looked past it(at least in my opinion) I was able to see that it was such a good season. Of course I love Taylor, even if she got demoted, I think in a way that gave her the right to be the way she was. Like someone here said, Cole was a little bit off for me but in his storyline we were able to see how he lived his life and how good-kind hearted person he was by forgiving the one person who took away his family. People seem to forget that area of thought and label him as just a rookie who was destined and because of tha and his attitude people didn't like him. Personally the other three were left in the dark more often than not, and got even worse when Merrick/Zen-aku showed up. If there was more stories realted to Danny and Max maybe I would have appreciated them more, seriuosly the Kendall story could've had a much better end, and Max's were also off for me. Alyssa was bareable character, but sometimes the goody two shoes role was so over the top, especially because I felt like that was the Cole role in the team, in a way the heart of the group, but then again the whole he came and took her role could be said was done. Merrick had one of the best storylines, even if en the end we weren't really sure how things ended up with him traveling the world with Zen-Aku by his side.

MMPRfan90
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
OMG! Ricardo is TERRIBLE! I'm at "Soul Searching" and it's the part where Master Org attacks Cole in the forest. Well, of course the attack tore Cole's shirt to shreds and he had to rip it off...(this IS a kids show right?) But Cole see's Org looking at the picture of him as a baby with his parents and he does what I'm assuming is his trademark for the season. Jumps up, points and shifts his body to the side, puts his arm down and yells. In this case he yells, "That's mine!". Why he needed to do all of that before yelling and running to get his picture back is BEYOND me. Jeez.....this stuff is so bad it's funny!

MMPRfan90
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Was watching "Sing Song" which I believe is the first episode where Princess Shayla sings.....this season is so weird LOL! I'm getting blatant Disney overtones with the singing and kiddiness this season. I can't tell if the guy who plays Merrick is a worse actor than Medina.

Something else I wanted to note about this episode was when the deer zord attacked the tombstone org and trapped him, the ranger's excuse for not taking him out right then and there was that their wildzords were injured. Last I checked they had like 7 other wildzords which they used in the next battle.

galaxy_ben
10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
i dont think anyones worse than Cole lol

and yeah i never cared much for that episode

MMPRfan90
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Holy crap, I just watched two decent-really good episodes of Wild Force other than, "Reinforcements from the Future" & "Forever Red"! WTF? I didn't know that was possible LOL! "Master's Last Stand" was a REALLY good episode IMO and it actually made me gain a lot of respect for the Cole character. I don't like the Master Org character and I like the fact that despite Cole not killing him after he found out that he killed his parents, he didn't pull a Ransik and all of a sudden turn good. Another episode I enjoyed was "Unfinished Business" which saw the return of Zen Aku and was the episode that cemented the 6 rangers' relationship as a team (though I thought they had already established their bond).

Thrax
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Holy crap, I just watched two decent-really good episodes of Wild Force other than, "Reinforcements from the Future" & "Forever Red"! WTF? I didn't know that was possible LOL! "Master's Last Stand" was a REALLY good episode IMO and it actually made me gain a lot of respect for the Cole character. I don't like the Master Org character and I like the fact that despite Cole not killing him after he found out that he killed his parents, he didn't pull a Ransik and all of a sudden turn good. Another episode I enjoyed was "Unfinished Business" which saw the return of Zen Aku and was the episode that cemented the 6 rangers' relationship as a team (though I thought they had already established their bond).

That epsisodes are really cool,i liked Cole dont want to kill Dr.adler because he sees the humam inside of him,and i liked a lot when"The Master Herald"when MasterOrg returns to revenge aganst the Org who betray him and aganst the rangers and for is final plan,i liked the way of MasterOrg return really cool,and even tricks Mandilok seeds Onikage,MasterOrg is realy evil and twisted.

rangerfan998
10-29-2010, 08:19 AM
i liked Cole dont want to kill Dr.adler because he sees the humam inside of him

Err...no.

"You're not human...you have no heart."

The reason Cole did not kill Dr. Adler was because he did not want to turn into the same kind of monster that Dr. Adler had.

Thrax
10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Err...no.

"You're not human...you have no heart."

The reason Cole did not kill Dr. Adler was because he did not want to turn into the same kind of monster that Dr. Adler had.

That is true,but when Cole see again MasterOrg in is return,we see Cole even see MasterOrg as human,and Tayler tell him is not human anymore he is a org,and them MasterOrg shows up with Shadow rangers.

rangerfan998
11-01-2010, 07:11 AM
That is true,but when Cole see again MasterOrg in is return,we see Cole even see MasterOrg as human,and Tayler tell him is not human anymore he is a org,and them MasterOrg shows up with Shadow rangers.

Still no.

Cole never gives up because he thinks he can bring out the good in him. But that does not change the fact he knows Master Org has no heart and is not human.

Thrax
11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Still no.

Cole never gives up because he thinks he can bring out the good in him. But that does not change the fact he knows Master Org has no heart and is not human.

I know because Cole wants to bring the humam,even Princess Shayla to call him to the reason,instead of call him MasterOrg call him Dr.Adler and he dont likes much of that,and MasterOrg tell to her he dont needs to be forgiven for any or anyone,that scene it as pretty cool, Princess Shayla tries to call MasterOrg to reason,even when MasterOrg tell"I came sow far the Path i chosen, even if i want turning back i cant".

MMPRfan90
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Got 3 more episodes to go before I start Ninja Storm and this is what I've got to say about some of the episodes leading up to the final 3 of Wild Force:
-I figured out early on that the little kid "Kite" was Animus. That was pretty obvious.
-I LOVE the relationship between Toxica and Jindrax.
-It's amazing hearing "Goldar's" voice in the TV org in "Monitoring Earth".
- I really like Taylor. She was probably the most likable ranger to me this along with Max. Danny was too annoying and I wasn't really feeling Alyssa. Cole & Merrick's acting was just too bad for me to really get into their characters. Outside of "Master's Last Stand", I really didn't like Cole at all.
-Holy crap! Princess Shayla knew how to fight! That was HILARIOUS!

MMPRfan90
11-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Half way through the part 1 of "The End of the Power Rangers" and it is epic so far. I never thought I'd say that about a WILD FORCE episode outside of "Reinforcements from the Future" & "Forever Red". I'm assuming that the new and improved Master Org was actually the sentai equivalent of Jindrax mixed with the sentai equivalents of Nayzor, Mandilok, & possibly some other org.

galaxy_ben
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
yeah the relationship between jindrax and toxicas brillant. And yeah there are other epic episodes i thought the Masters Hearld was pretty epic too

Thrax
12-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Half way through the part 1 of "The End of the Power Rangers" and it is epic so far. I never thought I'd say that about a WILD FORCE episode outside of "Reinforcements from the Future" & "Forever Red". I'm assuming that the new and improved Master Org was actually the sentai equivalent of Jindrax mixed with the sentai equivalents of Nayzor, Mandilok, & possibly some other org.

It as really cool for shore the final form of the MasterOrg in "The End of the Power Rangers" Merrick and Animus vs MasterOrg really cool and all Wildzords aganst him in the Animarium as awesome and the final scene of the Part 1 is awesome MasterOrg put the World in Darkness ans starts in rule on earth.

"Forever Red" it as awesome but i think they should made something like at least Forever Red at least 3 Parts will be more cool story and with more develoment for more things.

I liked in WF the connection of they made between Mutants and Org is really cool for make a final arc of Ransik it as sad dont see MasterOrg vs Ransik will be really cool that happens in WF,because WF looks really the continuation of the TF because Mutants and Orgs are connection between them.

GokaiGold
12-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Wild Force was a little boring season to me but, i like Alyssa, Merrick (he's bad@$$), Time Force/Wild Force team-up and the infamous Forever Red ;)

YellowAccel
12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
For me it is the worst season. I find it boring. The only thing I like is that the finale is pretty good. Apart Alyssa I do not like any of the rangers. I think the actors play badly. I watch it again right now because I want to watch all the seasons before samurai and I spent a horrible time

galaxy_ben
12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
For me it is the worst season. I find it boring. The only thing I like is that the finale is pretty good. Apart Alyssa I do not like any of the rangers. I think the actors play badly. I watch it again right now because I want to watch all the seasons before samurai and I spent a horrible time

What about the villains of this season?

YellowAccel
12-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Yes I forgot lol. I like toxica and Jindrax even if Toxica's laugh is very stressful in VF XD

galaxy_ben
12-05-2010, 02:01 AM
I thought the villains were pretty good. Yeah Toxica and Jindrax were good, but Zen Aku and Master Org were brillant and even the Generals were pretty good.

It has some slow points but it contains good villains, some good episodes and overall a good plot.

Thrax
12-05-2010, 04:54 AM
I thought the villains were pretty good. Yeah Toxica and Jindrax were good, but Zen Aku and Master Org were brillant and even the Generals were pretty good.

It has some slow points but it contains good villains, some good episodes and overall a good plot.

That for shore, the villans in WF are pretty cool, MasterOrg and Zen-Aku are really brilliant and the ideia of the Jindrax and Toxica want to be generals and want power is pretty cool.

Retinaxe,Nayzor and Mandilok are pretty cool too.

danny28
12-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I enjoyed Watching Wild Force... with its Unique Jungle Zords... Do you think Jungle Fury Gets some ideas from here?

Jindrax and Toxica the Dukes... were the funniest character there.... Im having fun of it...

Thrax
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I enjoyed Watching Wild Force... with its Unique Jungle Zords... Do you think Jungle Fury Gets some ideas from here?

Jindrax and Toxica the Dukes... were the funniest character there.... Im having fun of it...

Well maybe they gset some ideias from WF for JF but we dont know but i think they take some ideias from the past season to bring the new one.

danny28
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
@Thrax It cause to be like that... (litterally wild force are wild animals and Jungle Fury are Jungle Animals) But its still great ... I think the main comparison of two is that WF use crystals while JF is the Animal Spirit.. And its very amazing..........and with Chinese Martial Arts as well.. JF is in my top 3 list of the best season of PR ever.. .Yee Haw

Thrax
12-14-2010, 05:12 AM
@Thrax It cause to be like that... (litterally wild force are wild animals and Jungle Fury are Jungle Animals) But its still great ... I think the main comparison of two is that WF use crystals while JF is the Animal Spirit.. And its very amazing..........and with Chinese Martial Arts as well.. JF is in my top 3 list of the best season of PR ever.. .Yee Haw

WF and JF the concept of this seasons work very well to made awesome seasons.

danny28
12-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Wild Force make me Wild every time I watch this.. Forever Red is the best episode of this season.....

Thrax
12-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Wild Force make me Wild every time I watch this.. Forever Red is the best episode of this season.....

Well i liked of the all WF season but i think some episodes like filler episodes in EF are not pretty good there.

galaxy_ben
12-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Well i liked of the all WF season but i think some episodes like filler episodes in EF are not pretty good there.

yeah the actual story is fantastic but there are quite a few fillers in this season and i also think the Zen Aku episodes dragged on to much.

Thrax
12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
yeah the actual story is fantastic but there are quite a few fillers in this season and i also think the Zen Aku episodes dragged on to much.

Yh fillers episodes like "Three is Crown" and "Father footsteps" i dont like much because dont have much sense well that episodes are for Jindrax and Toxica in super Form

galaxy_ben
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Yh fillers episodes like "Three is Crown" and "Father footsteps" i dont like much because dont have much sense well that episodes are for Jindrax and Toxica in super Form

well the story of Jindrax and Toxic in super form was good and relevent because it was the result of Toxica working out Master Org was a human and made them make their decision to leave him also it was pretty cool to see them in this form.

Thrax
12-15-2010, 02:35 PM
well the story of Jindrax and Toxic in super form was good and relevent because it was the result of Toxica working out Master Org was a human and made them make their decision to leave him also it was pretty cool to see them in this form.

I liked to see Jindrax and Toxica in super form because there the way of MasterOrg to keep them Loyal to him because they find out about MasterOrg is humam and i liked the last episode of them in that form is when Cole battles them.

galaxy_ben
12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
yeah that was good, i believe that was the ep also with Super Nayzor and cole had his battlizer so yeah that was all really good.

danny28
12-15-2010, 08:12 PM

Its the promotion of the dukes.. I like that, their face getting worse

His Battlyzer form sure is courageous...

Thrax
12-15-2010, 11:44 PM
yeah that was good, i believe that was the ep also with Super Nayzor and cole had his battlizer so yeah that was all really good.

Yh, Super Nayzor is reall cool and the debut of Isis Megazord of WF and i liked much of Cole Battlyzer too.

jedibloo
12-20-2010, 01:26 AM

the season premiere was pretty cool

it was cool

the rangers were pretty intresting

the villains were alright

the storyline was cool and interesting

both teamups were awesome and good action

it was very interesting

the finale was epic and last part was pretty good

SuperBootleg
12-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm only 15 years old so I grew up on Power Rangers Wild Force. It's definitely my favourite season but not just for the reason that it was my first. I loved it because it was just purely awesome. It gave me a feeling that I couldn't describe when I watched it. It was also very close to it's Sentai counterpart in terms of story lines.

The Villains were amazing! Toxica and Jindrax were great and really funny. I never really like the Master Org character at first because he didn't seem all that scary. The General Orgs were really good. Zen-Aku's storyline was mind blowing! When Master Org became the "ultimate Org" it scared the crap out of me. Honestly, I found him really scary. But it was so epic when he infiltrated the Animarium. The scene when they're standing in silence and you can hear his footsteps in the distance always gives me chills.

The zords were great! The whole limb-swapping thing was so cool. The Wild Force Megazord's face always creeped me out a little though, the way it just smiled. Power Rangers Wild Force was unique when it came to Megazord battles. The sound effects were really good. And the thing that mostly made them unique for me was the fact that the producers - unlike Disney - never felt the need to cram loads of music into scenes. Some of the Megazord battles (and Ranger battles for that matter) were sometimes silent with just the sound effects playing. Did anyone else like that?

One thing that bugs me is that I swear they destroyed Zen-Aku yet he returns in the final episode to go with Meric. If I remember rightly, there was an episode where Zen-Aku returns and Meric kills him using that pool move he learnt. Right? Right?!

galaxy_ben
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, i totally agree. Being 16, Wild Force was my first too and i agree about how awesome the villains were.

yeah your right about zen-aku and the episode was called "unfiinished bussiness".

Yeah it doesnt really make much sense, but i think it was more as it was the consious (side) of merrick that was evil (zen-aku) who he was fighting with and then when he joined him in the end it was becuase he had finaly foregiven himself for what he had done and gained closure.

Thrax
12-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm only 15 years old so I grew up on Power Rangers Wild Force. It's definitely my favourite season but not just for the reason that it was my first. I loved it because it was just purely awesome. It gave me a feeling that I couldn't describe when I watched it. It was also very close to it's Sentai counterpart in terms of story lines.

I agreed WF is two of may favorite seasons of Power Rangers and i think they use pretty well the Sentai footage and even for the Storylines is really awesome.

The Villains were amazing! Toxica and Jindrax were great and really funny. I never really like the Master Org character at first because he didn't seem all that scary. The General Orgs were really good. Zen-Aku's storyline was mind blowing! When Master Org became the "ultimate Org" it scared the crap out of me. Honestly, I found him really scary. But it was so epic when he infiltrated the Animarium. The scene when they're standing in silence and you can hear his footsteps in the distance always gives me chills.

MasterOrg is really awesome main villan for this season and is story is really sad he is a villan with "Broken Heart" because he is humam and became jealous of Cole parents and when have the change for revenge he becames the True MasterOrg and the ideia he Dr.Adler be pretending be a Org and them the true horn grows and becames the Real Org the Truth MasterOrg and i really liked when he return for is revenge aganst Jindrax and Toxica and Mandilok and i think when MasterOrg will return i think they could made like did in TF show little scenes with MasterOrg like happens in TF with Frax.

Zen-Aku really awesome this guy is kiss *** the rangers when show up he defeated sow easy the WF rangers and i always like when he comes in the battlefield with the song of the Flute and the Predazord is really amazing and when he returns even really much power for take Merrick again to join ti him again.

Jindrax and Toxica they are funny characters in this season and just want to prove thme selfs to MasterOrg and became Generals Orgs and i liked when they are looking for Mandilok to Mandilok became there New Master.

Nayzor really cool the storyline between Zen-Aku and Nayzor is really cool see Nayzord want to control Zen-Aku fot give the animals crystals to the MasterOrg and i liked when he returns in Super Nayzor.

Retinaxe it as sad dont have much more episodes because he is the Body guard of the Ancient MasterOrg but it as cool see him battle the rangers to prove himself to the MasterOrg and i liked he as destroyed to MasterOrg.

Mandilok i liked much of this general is storyarc is the some as Animus and i liked when he kills Dr.Adler and becames the ruler of the Orgs and when he is trick by Onikage.

Onigake i really liked of this Duke Org it as send for MasterOrg to destroy Toxina and the traitors with betray MasterOrg.

The zords were great! The whole limb-swapping thing was so cool. The Wild Force Megazord's face always creeped me out a little though, the way it just smiled. Power Rangers Wild Force was unique when it came to Megazord battles. The sound effects were really good. And the thing that mostly made them unique for me was the fact that the producers - unlike Disney - never felt the need to cram loads of music into scenes. Some of the Megazord battles (and Ranger battles for that matter) were sometimes silent with just the sound effects playing. Did anyone else like that?

The Megazord battles are really amazing for shore and the theme played in whe nthe rangers summon the Wild Zords is really cool makes really tribal music and i agreed the sound effects are really cool i liked when the battles are without music in the Background makes the scenes really cool.

One thing that bugs me is that I swear they destroyed Zen-Aku yet he returns in the final episode to go with Meric. If I remember rightly, there was an episode where Zen-Aku returns and Meric kills him using that pool move he learnt. Right? Right?!

Well the scene we see Merrick and Zen-Aku in the final episode of the WF i think it is Animus in the body of the Zen-Aku because i as expecting a Team up in NS to resolve that because will be really cool if in NS happens a team up between NS and WF and Zen-Aku will be the enemie of they will face.

HenshinRider
02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I thought it was an okay season. But after watching Gingaman, I know where Danny's personality (I don't mean the never give up attitude) and the story plot involving him and Kendall came from. Both came from GingaBlue.

Miss CD
08-11-2011, 08:50 AM
What did you think when Jindrax & Toxica found out Master Org was a fake and then getting brainwashed?

Thrax
08-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I think it a great moment in WF when they find out MasterOrg is a really a humam with as be a fake MasterOrg and there Brainwashed as cool see then in new Forms are cool.

Mr. Pink
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM

Thrax
08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
well results cool !!!

YellowAccel
08-14-2011, 11:32 AM

It was ok especially the scenes with the 4 rangers without Cole XD

One of my least favorite team. Exept Alyssa & Merrick i don't like them. Max & Danny were annoying with their stupid "Never Give Up".

Toxica & Jindrax were interisting for their characters devellopement. The rest doesnt interest me.

It was the only arc i loved in WF. Zen Aku was really impressiv, and his story arc was interisting. Each time he fought with ranger i thought he will killed them lol

I love the Wild force/Time force it was really awesome. Jen was amazing and it was cool to see the relation Between Eric/Taylor, and i love when Ransik become "normal". Forever Red is ok. It's cool to see a new ype of team up but it's cheap.

It don't interest me and i found it predictible. I knew from the few first episodes that we will have something like that.

Renforcement from the future.

The final was better than the season but I can not help but laugh every time I see Cole tearing his shirt for no reason

After Samurai it's my least favorites season. Exept some episodes it's really boring. The cast is terrible, Ricardo's acting is awful, it's annyoing to hear "Never Give up" again and again, princess shayla is ridiculous, and forever red is really cheap.

GokaiGold
08-14-2011, 11:52 AM
What did you think when Jindrax & Toxica found out Master Org was a fake and then getting brainwashed?

it was pretty amazing.

it was good but, WF is not my favorite season tbh but, i only like TF and WF team-up as well Forever Red

Sweet Rocket
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I watched both Goaranger's and Wild Force's premiere episodes (one and two) and with the exception of Cole's subplot, there really isn't much of a difference between them, shockingly so. I've already seen the two team up episodes and know pretty much all I need to know about the non-Sentai plot concerning Cole, his parents and Master Org, so is there any real reason to watch Wild Force at all and not stick to Gaorangers?

Thrax
09-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Goaranger's and Wild Force's are completed the same but WF have the Cole and MasterOrg storyline and it as sad dont use some footage from the Goaranger movie we see there the Red Gorila

dwitefry
09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
It was wierd - it started out very different to regular Power Rangers then ended up feeling almost like Day of the Dumpster...Shayla came across really embarassing - like she really trying hard to be whimsical because some polite person lied to her and said she could do it (probably Danny). Also i laughed at the bananana eating scene *hangs head in shame*

I never saw it, I didn't watch any of the Disney-era when it was TV because I'd long since grown apart from the show, I didn't watch Wild Force until this year (I was 'inspired' to rewatch by Linkara's excellent History of Power Rangers videos, really he should stop trying to funny reviewing comics and just stick to them, they succeed where he fails, and fails, and fails at humour)

I didn't mind Cole at all, he wasn't the best actor or the best Red Ranger or anything but he didn't annoy me (Merrick kind of annoyed me, Shayla annoyed me half the time) - All the other rangers seemed pretty good at delivering lines, not acting overall but delivery - Danny's shyness felt a little forced at times, like an actor playing a shy person. This is probably the first season where i could stand to socalise with the whole team, though I'd probably get punched for hitting on Taylor...

Master Org feels a bit under-designed, compared to say Lord Zedd or Master Vile, Org's just a wall of beige who looks a bit like Anthony Hopkins but he did still feel pretty menacing, especially after we saw he could kick a Red Ranger around. Jinjax and Toxica were adorable - it was nice to see them just be friends - a scene with the two on a set of park swings sticks in the mind (well my mind). The Monsters were all bareable, having a theme again (after Time Force's Mutants) helped them i think.

Merrick has a really punchable face. The curtains and the stupid little beard don't help. the story itself though was pretty damned fantastic - Battle of the Zords could just be retitled 'The Episode Where Zen-Aku is Awesome' - though some of the reveals were if not obvious than easily guessed (but not really for the target audience i guess)

While i'm a total moany b*st*rd even I have trouble finding fault in Reinforcements From the Future, I even liked that little ending montage with them having fun, which is something you don't see enough in crossovers - Taylor was a bit pathetic with her whole 'I SO dont wanna bang the Quantum Ranger' bit but that's really nitpicking - Forever Red does have that um...ending issue but not enough to put me off the episode, probably because it's packed with awesome - while it's fun to mock Red Rangers - Jason, Mack, Jason, TJ, Jason, Nick, Jason, Jason, Jason - they do usually pull of awesome when it comes to fights and considering this episode is like 80% fights there's no problems with the amount of awesome there.

Not an orignial idea by anyone's standards but yeah i thought it was pulled off ok - it helped that the 'What's Wrong With Master Org' and 'My Parents Are Dead' plot points had been brought up over and over so it didn't feel like the Org/Cole revelation was just pulled out from thier...morphers.

Because Forever Red's in this it's a bit unfair, I think the question should be 'Besides Forever Red what are you favourite episodes you unoriginal bunch you?' but yeah Forever Red, Reinforcements From the Future and then an actual Wild Force episode, probably Battle of the Zords.

The overall ending was a bit...meh...I'd've preferred if either the unmorphed Rangers had found a way to defeat Master Org or had more of a hand in the return of the Wild Zords but I liked still - the first time i watched it (bare in mind i'm 25, so 24 then) I found it very tense, I almost...cared!

Animus fails. Why isn't there a 'What did you think of Animus?' question. Animus doesn't fail in the internet speaks sense (well he does but that's not what i meant) but he fails to live up to his concept - a God Zord - but instead of seeing how awesome a God Zord could be, especially in a fight, he just preaches contradictory rubbish and gives Cole a bike - good christ, Animus is your dad! Other than that arc I really enjoyed the series and it's one of the ones I re-watch the most.

It had absolutley no affect on my whatsoever, but it did sort of have a 'heeeere's Disney' feel to it.

AngelForce Red
09-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Wild force kicks butt. I finished that show on netflix last week. And i loved it so much.

Sweet Rocket
10-17-2011, 12:01 AM
"Lionheart" for the most part takes some getting used to. I'd watched Gaoranger's "The Lion[,] Roars!" prior and watching Wild Force's premiere episode almost soon thereafter resulted in a jarring and disappointing experience. Acknowledging and accepting the fact that Wild Force is bloody recreation of Gaoranger, I watched it again and I really enjoyed myself. It's a subdued premiere, ranking three steps above "Day of the Dumpster". There are no "high stakes" involved, it's just getting to know the layout of the scenario. I liked the introduction of Cole (his conversation with the Chimp about food storage aside) and the Wild Force Rangers. The idea of Rangers fighting the good fight prior to the arrival of Red (Cole) and never having to be recruited at the same time is something I thought was nicely done. While the episode is relatively about Cole, Lionheart does take a moment for you at least become used to the other characters (Alyssa, Taylor, Max and Danny).

Unfortunately, like Time Force, any promotional material concerning Wild Force was something I never saw and on top of that, the moment I found out Power Rangers had survived the death of FOX KIDS and moved to ABC, the only thing I'd ever saw for WF was a brief logo on the off chance that I'd changed the channel and saw it just as the commercial had faded into nothingness. If there any Power Ranger show I saw promotional material for post Lightspeed Rescue, it was probably SPD and that was more or less because Toon Disney/Jetix were airing Digimon: Digital Monsters and running the "Best of the Power Rangers" segments.

The primary cast as a whole, while not on the highest on my list of favorite Teams, work well together and they look they shouldn't because they truly are a bunch of mitch-matched individuals. Performance wise, almost everyone is pretty much on the same foot of "inconsistent", "cringe-worthy" to "average" (to below average) until you get to Ann Marie Crouch and Phillip Andrew who are consistently bad in their performance/delivery. I do think most of it may be a result of Koichi Sakamoto being used as a director for a major bulk of the season (He directed 20 Episodes out the 40 the season was granted, the rest were giving to random directors, chief among them being another Sakamoto and finally Tzachor himself), who I never thought was incapable of directing US Actors in the opposite manner of directing Japanese Actors, but perhaps I'm just wrong on that end. I can honestly say the worst acting of the season comes from the Finale two episodes "The End of the Power Rangers", so go figure in that case of "Japanese Directors =/= American Directors".

Taylor - She's the one character among the group that took the most to get used to, but for whatever reason I found her easier to tolerate than Jen Scotts pre-leather getup (though that might have more to do with the fact that she wasn't a walking "Love (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RomanceArc) Triangle (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OfficialCouple)" trope). I really came to appreciate the character when given a little insight into her character with "The Bear Necessities". She's tough, (I wouldn't be surprised if, combined with her military training, she was a army brat raised by soldier-parent beforehand), resourceful and no pushover. I like the fact that when she takes issue with the sudden demotion to "Second Stringer" after being the head of the pack for several months (or longer), she isn't transformed into a scheming, bitter character out to make Cole (a character who was literally dumped into the position of "Leader" because of who his Wildzord happened to be) look like a moron --- as he kind of does it himself --- she learns to accept the questionable change and learns to respect Cole, who in turn, does the same for her on more than one occasion. Cole and Taylor work together as a leader and second-in-command quite well and its a nice dynamic that's hardly ever seen regardless of what series it happens to be on. Taylor is definitely one the better "Female Leaders" of the PRU, next to Delphine.

Alyssa - When concerned with list of the Pink or White Rangers we've had, she is nothing remarkable, yet I like her character regardless. The season literally depicts her as the "Mother Hen" (or "Heart") of the team. She has the uncanny ability to quadtriple-task fighting with the Wild Force Rangers, looking after the others (cooking for them and playing nurse whenever they get hurt), ride bikes that wield the power of Merry Poppins and somehow still manage to get through the ultimate time consuming pursuit of knowledge, Full Time College. And by God does she love that Elephant Zord, which may be her only flaw outside of being unable to meet her father in time when promised. She throws logic and caution to the wind just to save it on more than one occasion and its baffling. To say that the character is the definition of a "Mary Sue" wouldn't be a stretch, but in a show that is literally chock full of them (and Gary Stus), she's nothing special --- especially when you think of two particular "You Know Whos" --- and certainly nothing to be ragged on about unless it was presented in full on overdose. There was at least some chance or broadening the character beyond the above with the way she seemed to egg Merrick on into crawling out of his self-imposed "Lone Wolf" shtick and her acting as mediator for Cole, but nothing ever came of that. Despite that, I like Alyssa's character or at the very least, the idea that she represents (a hard working young woman and the wish fulfillment of every College student on the planet).

Max - At first, I can see why people could find this character grating on the nerves, but to be honest Max Cooper never struck me as someone you wanted to throw into the car trunk and release the parking break whilst standing next to the edge of a steep, steep hill. The one thing I will never get about this character is the aforementioned (on this thread) implication that he was supposed to be a "High School Dropout" or even a kid (If he's as old as GaoBlue, Nineteenis not a "Kid" not even when compared to twenty-something companions). He looked no older or younger than the primary cast (sans Danny and Merrick) and his enthusiasm towards life in general (or just his job as a Wild Force Ranger) never struck me as immature. Max seemed just extremely open about how he felt and wasn't afraid to show it and the others dumped on him for it. I can honestly say, however, out of the six of them, I felt he got worse focus episode than Danny did. None of them really did much to progress whatever storyline they were focusing on, let alone his character development. Long story short, I liked Max's character and whether or not that's attributed more to the actor than the actual character, he's become a favorite on the relatively short list of "Favorite Blue Rangers".

Danny - The Gentle Giant with a green thumb (you could really call him the "Jolly Green Giant"). Danny Delgado, for the most part, is a unoffensive character. His introverted, hesitant and shy personality/behavior makes it easier to understand what I get to know about him (read: I can relate), but he's never terribly interesting unless he's flexing his muscles in battle or hanging out with Max. The constant reaffirmation that Max is a "Kid", however, makes me question what the heck they were trying to achieve with the relationship as the idea of a grown man hanging out with a "Kid" makes me uncomfortable, even though I know their relationship is the ultimate "Bros 4 Life/Comic Relief" archetype for the season. His would-be relationship with the woman named Kendall makes for chuckle-worthy humor and I'm glad for once, someone who is the object of the other's affection knows how they feel about them without a nauseating drawn out "Romantic Arc", but it frustrates me that he gives up because of his obligation to being a Wild Force Ranger. Oh, that and we never to get find out how he and Alyssa were drafted (unless I missed something). Gah, that just bugged me.

Cole - From word-of-mouth alone this character was painted as a "horror or horrors", a crime in which there was no recovering from and for the most part I was definitely leaning toward those who utterly despise this character with their very lifeblood. Truth be told, Cole takes some getting used to, but in retrospect, he is so far from the "Worst Red Ranger Ever" it's not even amusing. In fact, he probably falls into the same boat of characters like Carter, Leo and Wesley --- Red Rangers who are, par for the course, ideal examples of what a Red Ranger or Leader should be. Wild Force was officially Medina's first outing as an actor (and he, like Jessica Rey, was most likely chosen for his background in dancing --- whatever type that might've actually been --- because it doesn't look like he has any Martial Arts background), it really shows in his inconsistent, ouch-worthy and often over-the-top performances, but as far that goes, I think his over-the-topness works to the favor of Cole Evans' "Culture Shock"-arc for the most part. And while is that by no means a way of apologizing for a bad performance, he's hardly the worst actor to ever grace a major or minor role in Power Rangers --- he's pretty subdued, even "balanced", for the remainder of the season, particularly when the Zen-Aku arc hits it stride. (That and honestly, he makes me laugh far too much hate him for a bad performance. He's too much fun to watch and cringe at if that's any indication to what I'm trying to get across here. "I'm a Guardian of the EEEAARRRRTH!" FTLOLZ) That aside, on a purely aesthetic level, Cole is another Maya --- a character completely intertwined with the forces of nature and can communicate with animals with his heart ---, below that, he's something I think was never truly explored as an option for Power Rangers; He's a pacifist (just shy of Relena Peacecraft), thinking of other ways to subdue or understand the motivations of the enemy (until he's taught there is no reasoning with them) before raising a fist to fight. He selfless in manner that borderlines on "leaping before you look" (one example of that is his throwing himself right over Danny and the others when Zen-Aku was going to strike the shark-pile lot of them down in one episode) and he never judges anyone without evaluating them first, maybe not even then if they deserve to be looked down on. Throughout the entire season the only character I've ever seen him get truly peeved at is Master Org and that anger is justified in more ways than one. Cole is all about working as a unit and that is one of the things I love about the character, teamwork and cooperation to protect the earth is his biggest goal as a Wild Force Ranger. Dude Is "A Man In Full" in every way possible.

Merrick - This particular character is an example of creation without the effort. Outside of Zen-Aku, Animus and his hair flipping in the wind, there is nothing, absolutely nothing remotely interesting about Merrick in the least. The first time I saw him I thought he looked like a Michael Jackson fanboy and I've no idea why the image of the "King of Pop" cemented itself in my head when I saw this character, it just did and I'm not even trying be an arse about that either. Without the Lunar Wolf suit, Merrick is just so incredibly bland, his acting belly flops into a shallow puddle with a resounding thud, there is no splash. Not to mention his relationship with Princess Shayla almost seems one-sided. I never got the impression that he was in love with her, just obligated to protect her. Shayla is the only one that gives the impression of love to the point where it looks like she's in a relationship by herself and he's just humoring her. The very end of "The Flute" is the perfect example of this, when she literally makes a date for them to continue on with the early morning "Nature Song" and Merrick just looks besides himself with defeat, wondering "God, why do I have to put up with chick again?".

Master Org, Jindrax and Toxica were the strongest elements of this particular season. The relationship between Jindrax and Toxica was the character highlight of Wild Force, proving to be more interesting than anything the Rangers were dealing with (more or less because they were the cause of it all). The characters truly take on a life of their own, not unlike Trakeena's gradual and appreciated character development in Lost Galaxy. Master Org prior to learning he was connected to Cole in some way, was amusing if only for Ilia Volok's Russian accent (All I thought of was Luka Kovač (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Kova%C4%8D) from NBC's "ER" and he's Croatian). When his origin is revealed, the character just becomes downright spooky for me. When Jindrax, Toxica and Master Org fell out of the picture in favor of the other Duke Orgs, things became less interesting and more obviously by-the-numbers, I just didn't like them.

Zen-Aku, at first, wasn't a character I was going to become invested in, but upon realizing he was being voiced by Lex Lang (WarGreymon FTW), I decided I should give the character a chance. As a whole, the "Zen-Aku" arc is interesting if only because he outright walks across the Wild Force Rangers like their nothing and robs them of their recently acquired Wildzord crystals without ever breaking a sweat. The back story concerning his forgotten memory, however, is rather disappointing because its tied directly to Merrick (because its Merrick's and not his own) and Zen-Aku was revealed to simply be an Org sealed within a Mask. Once Merrick is freed of Zen-Aku's influence, it makes no sense that he would blame himself for actions that were completely out of his control and in any other case I'd sympathize with the character feeling guilty for stuff he had no real hand in beyond serving a vessel for the bad guy, but in this season it just comes off as puzzling and honestly, stupid. Merrick's desire to remain distant from Shayla and the Rangers feels like a contrived plot device born out of the phrase "Lone Wolf" (or worse, how his Sentai Counterpart, who looks like the far more interesting individual in this case, acts. Alas I haven't gotten that far and may never get there). He has no reason to remain separated outside of wanting to brood in a corner and cry "woe is me!" 48 hours a day. Once Zen-Aku was gone, I wanted Merrick regulated to the background as soon as possible, so the arc is a half-n-half for me. When Zen-Aku returned for a second and then final time (miraculously), I was glad to see more of the character --- it was the only way Merrick was ever going to be bearable anyhow --- however little it might've been.

What did you think of the Time Force/Wild Force team up and also the anniversary team up "Forever Red"?
This is one of those rare times where I think the standardized Team Up episode should've been the length of one episode. Like "Movie Madness", "Reinforcements from the Future" is a great idea that gets dragged out for far too long. The best thing about it is ultimately the character interaction; Amit Bhaumik is not my favorite writer for Power Rangers by any means (come to think of it, I don't think I really have one), but if there was one thing he was good at it was character interaction and the performances from the actors themselves --- at least until Eric and Taylor are forced into the "Romantic Comedy" shtick of "I hate you so much I wanna ", that bit just made me groan and roll my eyes --- speaks to that much. The best action sequence in this Team Up is undoubtedly Stunt woman!Jen's wire-fu, slow motion/quick time scene. That was an impressive bit of work right there, but the showdown between the Mutorgs and the Rangers was just bland as hell and to make matters worse, their interior fight scene is in the same blasted area they end up using in "Forever Red" and the Exterior fight looks like it takes place in the same area from "To The Tenth Power". The ending... ugh, the ending was awful.

Now in concerns to "Forever Red"? What can you say about that particular episode that hasn't already to be said twice over with some change? The most interesting aspect of this episode is the level of rumor/gossip and factual behind the scenes information that went into getting this episode made, depending on where you go, something about the info changes with the tiniest alteration of arranged words (particularly on the end of Danny Slavin, Steve Cardenas and actor who once portrayed Aurico in [I]Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers). The legend of the episode has created a plethora of repeat-discussions for questions already answered and truly awful fanfiction (borne out of shipping desires and hatred of Cole Evans). The best things within the episode itself? The fact that Cole somehow becomes a MMPR Team Jason/Team Tommy fanboy in the span of less than ten minutes after being recruited by Carter Grayson (who's probably more likely to talk about his escapades than the MMPR-era situations), seeing Leo again, glorious fight sequences and the guys goofing off at the end. Its fan-service in the greatest way possible without falling to the levels of the Japanese "Panty Shot" (or worse). I know the circumstances surrounding their later than late appearance (so skip the informative lecture), but it still bothers me that Leo and Aurico aren't in episode more than they were (real life is so mean).

I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure. I'd heard plenty of stuff about the "Evans vs. Master Org" arc, but to see it unfold on the screen was pretty awesome stuff. Some part of me wanted to feel sorry for Dr. Adler, but watching him covet a relationship he wish he had (and began to believe was stolen from him) and then become convinced that the Evans (particularly, Richard Evans) had stolen what "was rightfully his", changed my mind. Sufficed to say, Adler had what was coming to him and all of it was a result of his own designs (something even he seemed to realize at some point). Regardless it made for some compelling drama, especially given how it all concludes for the Master Org and Cole in the end. Don't it just suck when there's nothing to bounce your anger back off of?

"Lionheart", "The Bear Necessities", "Soul Searching", "Soul Bird Salvation", "Secrets and Lies", "The Master's Last Stand", "A Father's Footsteps", "Unfinished Business", "Forever Red", "Reinforcements from the Future Pt. 1", "Curse of the Wolf", "Battle of the Zords", "Taming of the Zords"

Aside from finding out what happened to the Rangers, Stand By Me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_Me_(film))-style, Wild Force's season finale leaves much to be desired. There was a threat, a risk to the characters and something to fight for, but the mere fact that Master Org returns from the supposed grave and becomes the almighty Plant Monster of doom (straight out of something from Sailor Moon R (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Moon_R:_The_Movie)), smacked of puzzling. Granted the pay off on his part is nice, but everything about both episodes execution falls flat and it all begins with Max's "THE POWER RANGERS ARE OVER!" quote. It so blatantly telegraphs that the show was going to be cancelled in the same way that got the [U]Angry Beavers in trouble with Nickelodeon that it's not even facepalm worthy. I think the best exchange in the episode period comes in the form of Cole and Taylor musing about what to do when there's no longer an enemy to fight and Taylor hits it on the nail with the simplest line, "Simple. We'll keep on living." Like "Lost and Found in Translation" presents two sides of the "Power Rangers vs. Sentai", Taylor's quote implicates "Why, yes, there is life after Power Rangers" as if to address the questions/discussions that would eventually begin when "RPM" was announced as the last season in 2009.

When Master Org reemerges and proceeds to trash the Animarium, it not only never comes close to "Well, their screwed" in the sense of atmosphere, but when you realize the actors are so clearly acting off of nothing and doing it badly, it kills whatever chances that scene might've had for great drama. It's like watching someone fall down an endless flight of spiral stairs, its hurts to watch it and yet I was amused by it on some level (Max, Alyssa and Danny win for the most grating "Big No"). Things don't get any better when it looks like the Rangers have to fight against Giant-Master Org's forces without their Ranger powers as the fight scenes are so short lived and edited choppily that I can't even enjoy the rain battle. The clincher, however, is when out of nowhere Cole gets a burst of motivation pulls a Leo for the second time, rips his shirt off and swings to the rescue of a little boy (no, that's not disturbing at all). Why? It didn't work in "Soul Searching" (where it looked like he was wearing a fabricated chain and collar when he tore it off) and it doesn't work now, blast it! Does Tzachor like seeing shirtless men or does he just know how to hit the "Estrogen Button" at all the wrong times? Overall, aside from Taylor and Cole's conversation, watching the Animarium tumble out of the sky and the unmorphed Roll Call (which was pretty epic), "The End of the Power Rangers" just smacks of a finale that had no true aim outside of reaching the finish line.

Wild Force is a season that for all intents and purposes can be called "bad" (then you realize there are worse Ranger seasons and this doesn't come close to them in that regard) and yet it its still watchable. Its a season that gets thoroughly derailed by the Producers need to for Power Rangers to become more and more like its Sentai Counterpart and whatever promise of originality that might've been afforded to Amit was trampled under the feet of the Ascended Fanboy because there was no one to oppose him any longer. I honestly wasn't going to watch this season because of that fact, but my desire for completion wouldn't allow me to stop, but I took my time watching it. Long story short, for all its problems and errors, I enjoyed myself watching this, at least when didn't make me angry and I was cringing ever other moment.

At first, I had no idea what this question meant and then I laughed at myself when I realized what you were asking. It was a nice touch to the narrative in my opinion, though the thing that really kills it for me is the randomly inserted disembodied narrators and Alyssa's "What do you think?" to the little boy at the very end of it before the camera pans over to the Picture of Wild Force Rangers "last day as Power Rangers". She just came off as incredibly condescending and mean spirited to me.

Simba_TLK
10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Really good season. But I think that Saban has started to loose his creative there. There was not so much differences between Wild Force and Gaoranger.

TommyJones1945
10-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I am the only one who was glad Kite died.

Thrax
10-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Really good season. But I think that Saban has started to loose his creative there. There was not so much differences between Wild Force and Gaoranger.

Gaoranger and Wild Force do not have much diferents but well in Wild Force they have there the Main Villan in Gaoranger the Big Bad is revealed almost in the Finale of the Show, well about the Duke Orgs in Gaoranger that is pretty well done.

DashingNBT
11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
this season sucks and kick *** at the same time

Thrax
11-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Wild Force is pretty nice season...

Iceranger32
12-11-2012, 09:12 AM
this was a really good season my favorite episode on this season was Forever Red hands down but in my opinion i kind of with the did it as a hour to two hour tv special but it was still good to watch

Thrax
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
^

The Forever Red to be really Perfect really should have been Multi-Parter episodes !!!

Iceranger32
12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
i agree completely it should of then

OrderofMeledon
12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
As I currently re-watch Wild Force, I realize it isn't AS bad as people make it seem. Not saying it's a great season but it's not terrible. One thing I wish they would have done to make the season better was to make Princess Shayla more of a mentor and less of a Disney Princess/damsel-in-distress. We didn't even find out she could fight until near the very end of the season! She should have been an adviser, a fighter, and a leader instead of just there for exposition, facial expressions, and singing. And that floral head-dress has really got to go.

DashingNBT
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Wild force review:
cole:bravehearted and compassionate member of the team i liked cole unlike alot of people. I wish he became a vet at the end.
max:childish guy with a heart of gold i liked him and hated him at times
danny:soft-spoken,ambitious,strong member of the team i also liked him and didn't like him at times
Alyssa:sweet,understanding scholar of the team i liked her.
taylor:serious,focoused,tough member of the team i didn't like her in the beginning but i liked her towards the end of the season.
merrick:mysterious,relaxed,loner of the team. I liked him but i didn't get why he was loner. I understanded he didn't want to join the team because of his past as zan-aku but when he opened up i felt like he was anti-social.
Theme:One of the the best P.R. themes ever.
Plot:good but has translation problems at time.
Master org:best villain on the show. He was no joke and super crazy.
Jindrax and Toxica: they could be serious and truly evil at times but would turn into a huge joke.
Overall: this season's problems are translation and lines.
I give this season a 6 out of 10

Thrax
03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
They really shoul gives some hints about MasterOrg returns, like we see in Time Forc with some scenesFrax texts is New Tecnology, they could the same with MasterOrg.

WildStorm
07-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I actually liked wildforce....forever red was one of the best episodes.

Thrax
07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Forever Red and the WF/TF Team-up were awesome for this season, and i always like the connection they created between Orgs/Mutants.

Azeemotron
11-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Power Rangers Wild Force Is By Far My Most Favorite Power Rangers!!!

- Best Cast
- Best Characters
- Best Storyline
- Best Soundtrack
- Best Looking Rangers (Their Outfit Designs)

Don't have hate on me, but i guess I love Wild Force the best because of Childhood Memories :lunar:

:)

Iceranger32
11-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Just finished my Wild Force DVD and it was an epic season for sure. The best events in the season from me is Reinforcements From the Future parts 1 and 2 and Forever Red. Granted Forever Red would have been better longer but I will take what I get. I give the season 10/10

Thrax
11-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Wild Force is awesome season !!

Galactus
11-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Wild force is a enjoyable season.

kakarot
11-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't know why this season has a bad rap but I think it's undeserved. The characters were likeable, the writing was good and it had two of the best team-up eps. Very underrated.

Em04Lyfe
12-07-2013, 09:19 PM
People tend to not like the season, but I don't really understand why. I like a majority of the characters. I HATE Cole and Merrick. Merrick's hair is absolutely disgusting. I hate the zords in every season, but this season's zords are cool, and I like how they find multiple zords. I also like the suits, I love animals. My favorite pose is Danny's! I really liked the finale as well. Jindrax and Toxica are amazing, I absolutely love their relationship! I don't like any of the other villains though, especially master org. I liked a good majority of the episodes, and I enjoyed watching this season. Not one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Thrax
12-08-2013, 01:16 AM
I loved the Final Arc and the MasterOrg/Cole story, A tragic story of humam turn himself in a Villan

HenshinTheory
05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
The show was great! Loved the music!

I wish it would've been better if one of Cole's parents survived.

prblackforce
05-13-2014, 07:52 PM
The original plan was to have Jindrax and Toxica be Cole's parents but that never happened. Thank god too because how awkward would it be for Cole to find out that he was half-Asian and half-Plastic Monster Head.

LenZeo
08-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Power Rangers Wild Force (Season 10)

:whitewf::yellowwf::redwf::blackwf::bluewf::lunar:

When I was a kid, by Time Force, I started watching Power Rangers less and less. By Wild Force, I was completely put off by the series! Originally, I thought this season was the worst!! The awful theme song, the CGI zords, the boringly bland cast, the whole guardians of the earth thing seemed beyond preachy, etc. That was it for me! But! I wanted to go through the entire franchise no matter what season I thought was bad and since I haven't seen these shows since I was a kid, those first opinions are obviously gonna change. Considering this was the 10th season, there are some obvious fan favorite episodes and some fans of the series include it in the fandom proclaimed "Golden Era" (Season 6-10). Wild Force, while still badly acted, terribly preachy with a mostly forgettable team, isn't as bad as I remembered it! I'd say the most interesting aspects of the season are the villains, mostly Master Org, the main villain. There's some good build up with Jindrax and Toxia (his minions and Duke Orgs) trying to uncover his true origins, eventually discovering he's human. That story culminates in "The Master's Last Stand", a pretty awesome backstory on how this Master Org transformed himself into an Org to get revenge on Cole's parents for falling in love. Okay...a tad soap opera-ish for a kid's show, but it's kinda twisted in an obsessive, homicidal way! Not to mention, the guy murdered Cole's parents, which is tragic considering Cole was searching for them. The fight between Cole and Master Org is also one of the best from the series.

You also have the Zen-Aku arc, probably the best stretch of episodes in the whole season. "Curse of the Wolf" is an excellent introduction of the character that leads to a great conclusion in "The Ancient Warrior". The writers manage to add a lot of layers to Zen-Aku and when it comes to the rangers, he hands them their a$$es everytime to the point where it becomes rather pathetic. Hard to route for a team that continually lose and we never see the rangers really come up with new ways to actually beat him until it's the curse that breaks and Merrick is freed. Merrick, of course, fills the 6th ranger spot in "The Lone Wolf" and seems more competent as a ranger than the core 5. Although, once again, there's not much the writers do with him. Merrick wants to be a loner yet eventually helps the other rangers for no reason, he spends most of time playing pool at a bar because...3,000 year old ancient warriors like pool? He has a past romance with Princess Shayla but we only get brief mentions and flashbacks with no real development from that. Speaking of Princess Shayla, you can put her in the category of worse mentor ever! She spends most of the time either getting kidnapped or just being useless. I guess she provides the occasional good advice but her characterization just feels completely off all season. Not to mention, her sudden fight skills in "The Master's Herald", Part 1 is the dumbest plot twist I've ever seen from this show. Either she's some otherworldly pacifist or not! Why didn't she use these skills the other dozen times she got kidnapped!? The. HECK!! Once Master Org disappears for a while, we get a new villain in Mandilok, a horrible follow up who can't chose between being male or female. Jindrax and Toxia are a mixed bag. I liked their banter sometimes and at other times they just stand around not doing much besides commenting on Master Org and the rangers or throwing those damn peas to make monsters grow.. After resurrecting Toxica, they decide to aid the rangers and then leave peacefully....ok!

Of course, I can't talk about this season without talking about the various team up episodes. The first being "Reinforcements from the Future", Parts 1 and 2, the BEST team up episodes since "To The Tenth Power" by far! The writers actually manage to reintroduce the Time Force rangers, continue the Time Force storyline in terms of Ransik's past as well as Wes and Jen's romance, develop a nice romance between Taylor and Eric and give us a final battle that sees both teams at their best before defeating the enemy. They even manage to spend a lot of time together post battle. Then there's "Forever Red", the 10th anniversary episode that features all 10 red rangers from the first 10 years. Jason, Tommy, T.J., Andros, Leo, Carter, etc. They're all here and more badass than ever!! We have great unmorphed fights, tons of references to the past 10 years, all original morphing sequences from each season were used and the final battle is filled with Hollywood style slow mo kicks, crazy wire work and camera work that's beyond impressive for a kid's show! Sure, Cole destroying Serpentera was pretty anti-climatic but it's a minor flaw in an otherwise epic episode! While both team-ups are some of the series' finest episodes...they only highlight how mediocre the rest of the season is. Don't get me wrong, for the first official season owned by Disney, I'm glad they at least stayed true to the feel and tone of Saban's previous seasons but once again, there was a good amount of things lacking this year. Once again, I couldn't really route for the Wild Force rangers, not enjoying them as a team or individual characters. "Lionheart" is an otherwise good opener but Cole's introduction is odd, especially the whole "raised in a jungle and sent off into the real world" angle. The fact he adjusts to modern day society so quickly is a stretch but it's a kid show, so I'll ignore that I guess. Like I said, at least the writers give him a nice arc with him searching for his parents and he does have some touching moments throughout. I just wish Cole would stop shouting during those villain confrontations (Ricardo Medina, Jr. really HAMS it up during a lot of episodes! ) Taylor is the most interesting of the group I suppose, given before she became a ranger she was a pilot for the Air Force but there isn't much development there besides how she first landed on the Animarium. Max is the youngest and constantly teased about it but I don't really get why as all the rangers seemed relatively in the same age range! There's a bit of his backstory shown in "The Tornado Spin", but I just didn't care for it. Danny is a gentle giant and has a crush on a girl named Kendall all season. "Three's a Crowd" is okay but is a bit over the top when it comes to the characterization of that romance, just don't buy it. Max and Danny's friendship is kinda fun and has it's moments, but the constant shouting of "never give up!" from them nearly ruins every episode! Lastly there's Alyssa, another standout in the "acting who?" department. Her character just comes off too sweet and sincere, the writing for her feeling the weakest. "A Father's Footsteps" sees her father coming into town and being disappointed in her before she proves herself by revealing her family's sacred martial arts prowess....yet I don't buy it again because her characterization! Ok, enough about the characters! Let's NOT talk about the whole Kit/Animus arc cause it's plain infuriating and that kid actor is beyond awful! "The End of the Power Rangers", Parts 1 and 2 luckily ends the season on an strong note, despite more unbearable speeches and posing from the rangers. Seriously, the whole "Guardians of the Earth, United we Roar!" gets old...FAST! Overall, some good episodes, a solid villain and unforgettable team ups mixed with a weak cast, worse acting than usual, an overly preachy ancient megazord and monsters named "Bowling Org"......seriously!!? Did they run out of monster puns already!?

Best Episodes

1. Reinforcements From the Future, Parts 1 and 2

2. Forever Red

3. Curse of the Wolf

4. The Master's Last Stand

5. Unfinished Business

Final Morph: C-