PDA

View Full Version : [EPISODE] Power Rangers Megaforce "He Blasted Me With Science" Episode

O.92
02-06-2013, 09:22 PM
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/140/828/537/EGUnU8rmXUdoXKd.jpg
He blasted me with science!

Power Rangers Megaforce
Episode 02: He Blasted Me With Science
February 9, 2013

Summary
The alien invaders send a scientist to Earth to study the human race and determine how best to defeat them; Troy finds himself face-to-face with Creepox.

lrZlM9H1JSo

PO1Tef1prHc

Images ( http://www.megaforcecast.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=279) | Movie Clips (http://www.megaforcecast.com/media/latestclips.php)

The thread will be opened for live posting just before the episode airs.

Do not ask about full episodes in this thread.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Live post during the episode...

* Season Intro scene before the episode...decent and not as annoying as the Samurai one (yet)
* Rangers in High School. Pop Quiz time.
* Troy has a flashback about Creepox
* Jake wants to walk Gia home
* The usual villains meeting
* Jake and Gia moment...NOT! Cute scene though.
* Black and Yellow Rangers Morph
* Rangers vs Loogies
* Emma and Troy called to action
* Rangers vs Loogies and the Alien of the Day
* Ranger Roll Call
* Rangers defeat the Alien
* Vrak briefly explains the Zombats
* Alien Grows
* Gosei reveals the Zord Cards
* The Rangers summon the new Zords
* Gosei Great Megazord
* Jake: This thing is sick! Noah: Looks fine to me.
* Gosei Great vs the Alien
* Victory Charge Game
* Alien: I don't like this card game

Written by: David McDermott
Directed by: Jonathan Tzachor

http://www.megaforcecast.com/episodes/prm-2-he-blasted-me-with-science-episode.php
http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-rangers-megaforce-he-blasted-me-with-science-episode/

TrollZORD
02-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Episode notes--
-Previous episode footage in the beginning
-More Mr. Burely
-Creepox finds Troy
-Mr.Burely sleeping on the job.
-(lol) Mr.Burely falls out of his chair. Poor dude.
-Gia is trying to keep her ranger identity a secret.
-Jake tries to ask her out.
-Vrak suggest studying humans.
-UFO (?) Goes to earth to study humans.
-==Intro==
-Mr.Burely is into conspiracies/mysteries.
-Mr.Burely and Noah get along well.
-Gia is obviously uninterested in Jake.
-The comedy between Jake and Gia is hilarious.
-Gia and Jake go to fight the UFOs.
-UFO (?) Captures humans.
-Gia and Jake morph. New Megaforce song in background.
-More "nerdy Noah" moments xD
-Mr.Burely discovers flying saucers in the distance, Noah leaves.
-Troy enters the scene to help.
-Emma comes to help.
-Epic camera angles on the fight scene, as a side note.

-==Commercial Break==-

-Emma figures out UFO's plan.
-Little bit of an odd angle when Emma takes out some of the Loogies.
-Noah comes in.
-Actually tolerable comedy.
-MEGA ranger roll call.
-Noah gives UFO (?) a good beating underwater.
-The rangers form the "Mega Weapon Combination."
-Dynamic Victory charge takes out UFO for now.
-The humans are freed!
-Malkor orders Vrak to unleash the Zombats.
-Zombats are robotic.
-Vrak's "royalty" allows him to gain access to advanced technologgy.
-UFO grows taller.

-==Commercial Break==-

-Gosei's back! Advises the rangers to use the Zords, but warns them that it may be difficult.
-Awesome Summon Zords scene.
-It appears that the Zords may begin to have special bonds with the Rangers, as they protected them from UFO.
-Malkor doubts his hypothesis of the humans being weak.
-More tolerable comedy moments.
-Noah is fighting the USOs.
-He takes them out.
-Little bit of a weak dialogue moment, no biggie.
-LOL UFO just doesn't want to quit.
-First ever Megazord formation in the series.
-Pretty cool Megazord formation scene.
-For some reason I thought that the Zord shoot move was funny.
-Doesn't feel necessary for them to call everything MEGA. (eg. MEGA PUNCH MEGA KICK)
-Victory Charge + Victory Strike = Awesome combination.
-Malkor is getting REAL mad.
-More Base exterior shots.
-They learn to be more of a team.

This episode was amazing. Saban, don't stop what you're doing, because whatever magic you put into this, it better not ever stop. Saban's gettin' it's groove back this season.

shielded117
02-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Live post:

-Oh no... don't they dare not start that stupid opening monologue again...
-Pop quiz that Jake doesn't think he's ready for
-Troy having a daydream while taking a quiz? Probably not a good way to start the school year...
-Then again with Mr. Burley snoring, I guess it's okay?
-Jake and Gia in the hall... It's somewhat believable...
-And the baddies decide to test the humans and learn from them...
-Noah and Mr. Burley have a lot in common. Mr. Burley is actually starting to remind me of Professor Phenomenus
-Gia starts to let Jake down gently, but gets interrupted
-If they can keep these personalities up, I think I'll be happy.
-Jake and Gia decide to take on the Loogies and the scientist by themselves
-They start to get overwhelmed and call for backup.
-Rangers are getting beat, when Noah finally shows up.
-I'm loving Gia and her attitude... Bromance... *snicker*
-Roll Call
-Megaforce Blaster, and bye bye baddie.
-Vrak mentions the connections he has as royalty and sends his Zombats.
-It's grow time!
-And we finally see Gosei this episode, who sends them the cards for their zords.
-So the headers are the zords... when they combine with the real-world objects, they become mechazords?
-Nice to have some good mechazord battle scenes.
-Nice move by Troy in his dragon.
-Megazord time!
-Nice battle, and now it's time for the Victory Charge.
-And yes... "Mega Rangers... that's a Mega Win" is the new "Victory is ours..."
-Don't even go to the Command Center for debriefing? Hmm...
-Ending's a little cheesy... but I like it.

Megaforce seems to be doing things right. I definitely like the direction they're going. A few things I'm not too thrilled about, but I can look past those.

alexisrey16
02-09-2013, 10:06 AM
a link to see the episode please

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Do not request episode encodes or links in this thread.

Ascended
02-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Here's my live post:

* Megaforce has an opening narration just like Samurai did.
* Was Troy having a vision or a flashback?
* Heh, No-er.
* Poor Jake, getting the "You're a great guy speech."
* That's so cool that the monster turns into flying saucers and back again.
* Great googly moogly?! I haven't heard that since Maggie and the Ferocious Beast!
* The monsters seem a lot smarter/have more personality than the Samurai monsters.
* Awesome Jungle Fury/Wild Force styled roll call!
* Zombats make the monsters grow? I didn't see that coming.
* Cool zord summoning. Reminds me of Ninja Storm.
* Are the Warstar forces going to go after Gosei?!
* I love it when the zords fight on their own.
* Gosei Great Megazord > Samurai Megazord.
* Now they're using Pokemon moves?!

Overall, pretty good episode. Not as awesome as Mega Mission, but still good. Love the zords!

Miss CD
02-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Where are Gosei and Tensou during all this?

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Gotta say, I'm liking Mr. Burley.

malfion
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM
My episode review based on my thoughts as I watch:

-The dialogue and stuff is pretty believable now
-Troy not wanting to fight the monster and his encounter with Creepox already having happened instead of being a vision was new
-Gia and Jake's scene was hilarious and very well done
-Blue, and the teacher is into cryptozoology? So am I. This is interesting.
-Pink's dialogue in the battle seemed a little matter of fact-ish and reminded me of Samurai.
-Incendiary attack? I just watched Dredd last night, lol
-Dat bromance between blue and black
-Troy is trying to emulate Jason, it seems
-The villains in Megaforce are so much better than Samurai. "Disgusting creatures" lol. I like how Vrak actually seems capable.
-I don't even mind that Gosei and Tensou haven't appeared yet in this episode. I would have expected Gosei to monitor the aliens but we don't really know how he conducts his business so he might not even be capable of detecting aliens unless they actually attack or something.
-"We need to take him down and keep him there". Great line.
-Finally some Gosei action to summon zords! Aiyah! I'm getting Ninja Storm vibes from the Zords being summoned.
"Our courage, our strength". Beautiful.
-The zord fight tactics were cool. "This thing is sick!" "Looks fine to me!" I laughed.
"I don't like this card game."
That little moral/lesson at the end was good. Although it just went immediately into Spongebob. No ending credits or anything.
-Overall, I really enjoyed the episode and I'm excited for the next one.

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Where are Gosei and Tensou during all this?

They're the new Bulk & Spike.

Also....Malkor pronouncing Vrak's name like "Vrock", rhyming with Brock? Guess I was pronouncing it wrong all this time?

TrollZORD
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
:( Poor Jake got friendzoned... For now.

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 10:23 AM
^

I'm kinda surprised it happened so fast. It's only the 2nd episode.

I suppose it's out of the way now and Saban doesn't have to pretend that icky romance exists. :P

ETA: Jake is gonna be like Joel isn't he? Pursuing the girl until the end. Whatever, I'm shipping Troy/Emma.

President Ranger
02-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Overall a good episode. They are playing the Jake and Gia thing up pretty strong, but I don't mind it because I think its being done well. I think their interactions are funny, but not to over the top. I also like the rangers teacher. He reminds me of the professor from PRIS. The villains in this episode were good too. It was good strategy to try and study the human race instead of blindly going after them....

I'm not a huge fan of Zords or Zord battles, but the megaforce zords in this episode were awesome. They looked great on screen. This episode wasn't as entertaining as I would have liked it to be but I can't really point to anything specific in this episode that I disliked. I voted 4/5.

TrollZORD
02-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Someone voted Terrible? What's so terrible about the episode? It's pretty awesome.

Momo
02-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Anyone else noticed that Tensou Sentai Goseiger is seen clear as day when they go into Megazord mode?

DashingNBT
That was mega awsome i like the character development in this episode with the team and the villians. Adr is improving i see. Im starting to like the warstar they're plan was very clever and genius but as team the rangers crushed their plan. I think gia likes jake secretly but i think she wants to keep their relationship professional for now plus the jokes were funny troy thaught his plan was so great and emma said he nearly gave her a heart attack lol.

whiteranger2345
zombats is better then them just growing like in samurai

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I haven't enjoyed a megazord fight that much since In Space. I love the sequence when they were called too. Reminded me a bit of MMPR.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Episode Intro
mN8pzwoYiNo

Yuffo - Voiced by Joel Tobeck
Narrator - Stig Eldred
http://www.megaforcecast.com/episodes/prm-2-he-blasted-me-with-science-episode.php

Miss CD
02-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I honestly found it this kinda boring. Sure, the Noah/Mr. Burley and Jake/Gia interactions were kinda fun, but this episode felt like one of those establishing episodes where they haven't quite found their footing yet. Did like the Bio Fuel reference and the foreshadowing of the Yuuma Beast. This gets an Okay.

TrollZORD
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I knew it was something like Youeffo! I was going to say it but I didn't want to sound crazy hehe.

Robo Knight
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I thought it was great! I loved all the little details like Gia mentioning how she had to hide her morpher. I do find it interesting though that they edited Alata's hand and jacket to be Troy's last episode, but they didn't blank out the "TENSOU SENTAI GOSEIGER" on the card graphics. It doesn't bother me, I just find it interesting.

Momo
02-09-2013, 10:45 AM
^

Yeah, you could clearly see the name when they went into Megazord mode.

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Hey Saban, you might want to revise your episode descriptions. Troy came face-to-face with Creepox for all of 2 seconds...

--"Can I walk you home?" - Jake. "Why, you too afraid to walk by yourself?" - Gia. Clever, haven't heard that one before.
--Wow, did they really just reference the Jersey devil? Haha, nice.
--Nice variation of the theme during the Jake & Gia morph. I would've gladly taken that as the theme song.
--"I hope they run on bio-fuel" - Emma. The dialogue continues to be leaps and bounds better than Samurai. There were a handful of likable lines.
--I like how the Warstar are trying to learn about the humans and don't just know everything. It really sells that they are of another race.
--As someone who doesn't care much for Zords and Megazords, I can say that was one of the best Zord fights in a long long time.
--"Mega Rangers, that's a MEGA win"...yeah, I liked Jayden's "Victory is our's" line better.

It looks like last week's premiere wasn't a one-hit wonder, and while it's still too early to make a call on the entire season, things are certainly looking up. Megaforce is now 2 for 2 on good episodes. The last time we had 2 good episodes in a row? You'd have to go back to RPM, which was almost 4 years ago. The high school setting continues to be a bright spot for the season, as well as Jake's crush on Gia, and even Mr. Burley was enjoyable.

My only concern thus far is that the second half of the episodes seem to fall into a bit of a lull by just becoming a massive toy display. Although it's possible that's only happened thus far because there's a lot of basics as far as weaponry to introduce in the first 2 episodes. I'm hoping that changes, but I'm worried it may not since these are the problems of cramming an entire Sentai season's worth of weapon/Zord debuts into 20 episodes. Overall though, another strong episode, and Megaforce is off a great start. It's good to be excited about the show again.

terrierlee
02-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I think my favorite scene, like Mr. CD mentioned, was the Yuuma Beast foreshadowing. You see, clear as day, in Mr. Burley's office, pictures of Big Foot and Nessie and a giant blob, along with the symbol for the Yuuma Beasts.

Yes I went ahead and took pictures of my TV. Worth it.

ImmaDeker
02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Someone voted Terrible? What's so terrible about the episode? It's pretty awesome.

I dunno about terrible, because I like it better than Mega Mission (which I also really liked), but I can see why someone wouldn't like it. The episode isn't especially creative with the footage and it's just arbitrarily giving the monster scientist quirks. If this were MMPR, he would've spied on the Angel Grove student body or whatever.

So the monster characterization is a little odd and the premise of the episode is flimsy and empty. But that doesn't stop the Rangers themselves from being enjoyable or the monster from having some pretty good lines. But it's very barely a story, with only the thinnest of arcs carrying it.

spike22
02-09-2013, 10:49 AM
That episode was pretty good. The zord scenes were awesome. " great googly moogly" = lol! 5/5.

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:53 AM
^

I'm kinda surprised it happened so fast. It's only the 2nd episode.

I suppose it's out of the way now and Saban doesn't have to pretend that icky romance exists. :P

I didn't get any indication that Jake's little saga with Gia is over. Clearly this is going to become somewhat of a Joel-Ms. Fairweather type of relationship, but that's not a bad thing. Joel's scenes with Ms. Fairweather were some of the bright spots of Lightspeed.

TrollZORD
02-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I remember people like TommyJones saying the series would be terrible.
They were Oh So wrong
;)

EDIT:
I'm gonna call it first. The guy who says he's a ranger in the episode Stranger Ranger will create his own Megaforce Suit. Gosei Green footage. I called it first.

Javert
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
The opening quiz scene seemed natural, up until Mr. Burley fell asleep. Still, nice to see that the rangers have normal life.

Enjoyed the Jake and Gia's scenes early in the episode. Jake is going to essentially be Joel in his relationship with Gia, but I'm completely OK with that. Laughed pretty hard at out of the world bit. Funnier than any of the attempted "comedy" in Samurai.

Seems like Mr. Burely and Noah will be close over the course of the season. This actually makes a lot of sense to me. Noah seems like the type of kid who would get along with his teachers, and he also doesn't have another ranger that Sentai footage dictates he spends a lot of time with (no other Sea Ranger). It works.

Wish we would have seen more of Troy and Emma in this episode. Emma, I think, had two VERY brief unmorphed scenes. One on the bike when she gets Gia's call and the one at the end they all are in. Troy had a little more, but this episode had much more Gia, Jake, and Noah than those two. I would have liked to see at least one line earlier in the episode establishing what they were doing. Maybe have Emma and Gia talk at Gia's locker briefly before Jake shows up. Just a small nit pick.

ADR could still use some work. It wasn't terrible, but they seem like better actors out of suit than in suit.

Not a huge fan of the zords, but that's more a problem with Goseiger than Megaforce. Nothing they can do about that.

Why did we see so little of Gosei and Tensou? Would have like to see a little bit more out of them. Also, I think it would have been a better lesson for Gia and Jake if instead of calling for help, Gosei warned the others about the threat and sent them to help. Then Gosei could have given a brief speech at the end about how you are a team now and need to work together.

Overall, a decent episode. There were a few things I would have done different if I was on the creative team, but what we got was still pretty entertaining. I give it a 4/5.

nightmere10
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Since my review is so long, I’m putting it in spoiler tags.

I really wish they had the narration thing at the beginning of the first episode. Not sure how I feel about it. This episode felt like a "Part 2" to Mega Mission.

Rangers/Actors: I’m confused on one thing; were Gia, Emma, Jake, and Noah already friends before being Rangers or was it two and two and Troy? I feel like in the first episode (despite how rushed it was) they should’ve shown the division between the two groups of friends a little more. same in this episode. The one thing I feel that was lacking in Samurai was the chemistry between Rangers, so I’m glad we’re seeing it more in Megaforce (although, with a high school setting, it’s easier.)

This is a nitpick more than anything, but I really don’t like how they don’t change clothes. Wearing the same coats day after day I understand, but not the same outfits in entirety.

-Troy/Andrew - I feel Troy hasn’t been given enough time for his character to be fleshed out to judge his character. In a recent interview, Andrew described his character as “mysterious and aloof” which I agree with as we don’t really know anything new about him except for being new in town and he has visions/dreams about the Legend War/things that happen in the future. I think this could be a great plot line for him if done well. I just have to watch more episodes to see it fleshed out. But from what I’ve seen so far, his character doesn’t stick out as much as Azim’s.

In Mega Mission, Gosei did make a mention that Troy has been through some struggles in the past, which I’m curious to know more about as I have a feeling that’s what links the “psychic” powers to him. All in all, like the last episode, I feel like Troy was just there to be there and I feel like this is in due part to Andrew delivering his lines in a “stiff” kind of way.
However, in the “dream” (or was it a flashback) with Creepox, while it was stiff, it was an improvement over his line delivery in “Mega Mission.” Seeing as it’s only the second episode, I have to wait to see if he’ll improve. As of right now, he doesn’t really stand out to me.

-Emma/Christina – Kind of upset we barely saw her in this episode. The “Saving the environment” characteristic to her will either be a good thing or something that drives me crazy about Emma. Thankfully from what I’ve seen in these two episodes, the girls have better personalities than the girls of Samurai. My one wish for Megaforce was to have more focus and character development for the girls and I feel like we’ll finally get it in this season. However, I feel like Emma is the more fleshed out character out of the two girls. With her love of BMX mixed with photography and loving the environment, I can see good storylines for her.

“Pink is my favorite color, but what is this Ranger business?” This line in itself (from Mega Mission) however, makes me feel like she can be a hit or miss actress. (Also the “helmet” line which I think fit Gia more.) Some of her lines in this episode even sounded child-ish kind of like Emily. )From time to time, I think she sounds like Mia or Emily if I’m not paying close attention.)

I, personally, don’t really see a friendship between her and Gia, or rather, it’s not that believable to me. I see it more like they like being around each other. With seeing how Christina and Ciara are so close off set, I hope to see more of how close their characters are in future episodes.

-Jake/Azim – Azim is, in my opinion, the stand out actor in this season already. His line delivery feels natural, especially with funnier lines, and his portrayal of a somewhat cocky/confident character, and the “I’ve got a crush on you and that’s all I can think about” character is believable. However, I’m not liking how having a crush on Gia is, so far, his defining characteristic. We saw a little bit with his soccer skills, but other than that, these past two episodes are all about impressing Gia.

His friendship with Noah shown in the past episode and I think is a pretty defining quality to his character. I was hoping we would’ve seen more of their friendship in this episode.
Azim does a fine job in this episode and I can see why he’s a fan favorite. I feel like he is putting effort into his acting, and I feel as more episodes come out, his potential will show off more. I just hope his acting isn’t hindered to the Jake/Gia plotline. (Plus, I hope we hear more phrases like “We’ve gotta motor”).

-Gia/Ciara - Gia is easily the more confident (which showed in her “scared to walk home by yourself?” line) out of the two girls, however, her character isn’t that fleshed out. With her character trait of being “Miss Perfect”, I can easily see that, also along with John describing her as “the hottest girl in schoo.” Of course she is. However, I feel like being “Miss Perfect” and being a perfectionist could bring her character down. In this episode, she was the first person done with the quiz, I would’ve like to see something with Noah about that, kind of like “How is she done before me?”

Her character description says she’s great at “martial arts” so I hope we see more of that as it would flesh out her character more. Her line delivery could be better from time to time, but I feel like her acting in general is natural. They did a good job choosing her to be a part of this cast.

-Noah/John – I don’t know how I feel about Noah. Sometimes he’s too much like Billy, and sometimes you can clearly see that he’s just Noah. To me, he doesn’t have the same likable charm as Billy, though. While I’m glad he doesn’t have the same “techno babble”, I think that having Jake as his best friend is great. I do like how he’s so interested in everything in the Command Center and how things work (as evident in Mega Mission with the “how do we use ‘em” line) as well as wanting to inspect the Loogies.

His acting could be better, it’s not bad, but you can clearly see the friendship between Jake and Noah (as well as John and Azim). I liked the school scene where Jake was worried about the pop quiz and Noah calmed him down.

-Mr. Burley/Paul - Mr. Burley reminds me of Professor Phenomenous, in a good way. I like the bond that he and Noah have, and I like how he’s kind of clumsy and out of it like Mr. Kaplan was in Mighty Morphin. I’m looking forward to see more of him in the season as well as his and Noah's friendship take shape over the season.

ADR: The ADR could’ve been better in this episode. Like in Mega Mission, it was hit or miss. During the scene where the Ragners are piloting their zord, when Emm’s zord was bumped from behind, Emma sounded a lot like Mia (and in some cases like Emily). I noticed that she sounds like Mia from time to time. During Mega Mission with Emma and Troy’s “Sky Strike” attack, they both sounded like Jayden and Mia to me.

Villains: Insectoids; I like that name. So far, I've been right with my guesses for voice actors. :p

-Creepox – Not much to say about Creepox as we haven’t really seen him lately to get a good idea about how effective of a villain he is.

-Vrak – Same as above. But, I do like his voice actor. I also like the “as royalty” line. I feel like he could be a big threat when more focus is put on him.

-Admiral Malkor – I don’t really have an opinion about Malkor, but he sounds like a generic bad guy, and his voice isn’t annoying to me. We still don’t get to see a lot of what he’s like, but his character was described as “lazy” so I just have to wait to see more. I do like the look of his character, though.

-Yuffo – (Ha, ha, I get it UFO). The voice actor was a good choice for this one. That evil laugh was awesome. I had to laugh at the “super effective” line because it reminded me of Pokemon. However, I got tired of “time for a new experiment” being muttered over and over again.

Location: I’m really loving the school set. I can’t say it enough. Not sure if they did actually use the school for Reefside, but I’m glad they chose this school. It really is a breath of fresh air from the same Samurai sets we saw in the past two years and I like how we’re seeing different parts of the school.

Writing: There’s no doubt that the writing for this season has improved. Right now, I’d say Jake and Ciara have had some of the best lines “Bromance”, “Can’t walk home by yourself”, “Freaky Tiki”, “Walk you home?” a lot of good stuff. David McDermott, who wrote some of my favorite Samurai episodes, did a great job with this episode. It didn’t feel rushed, and it brought a little more focus on Noah.

Overall Thoughts: I thought the episode was ok, with the only entertaining parts being between Jake and Gia. For an episode I thought was going to be all about Noah, it was more of a Jake/Gia centered episode. As stated above, I hope that’s not the only thing the two characters are known for for the duration of the season. I felt like this episode was more like a filler based around introducing the zords. We learned a little bit of the extent of what kind of science Noah liked, we learned that Jake will do anything to get Gia’s attention; things we already knew from their episode descrpition.

Could the actors have acted better? Yes. Were there issues? Yes. With only two episodes shown, there’s room for improvement over the next 18 episodes.

I give this episode a 3.5/5

Andros
02-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I want to hear a clear version of that song played during Gia and Jakes Morph/Fight.

ImmaDeker
02-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I remember people like TommyJones saying the series would be terrible.
They were Oh So wrong
;)

As much as I'm enjoying Megaforce, I can think of plenty of reasons for someone to find it terrible. And that word specifically.

OmegaredMkII
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Did not like the Samurai retread Intro.

You can’t ask any questions during a test that is the point of pop quizzes

Is Troy Clairvoyant? and he still can’t act

Creepox, sooo soft? WTF

Gia is the first girl done, is she smarter than Noah?

Christopher Llo… I mean Mr. Burley is incompetent.

Line delivery with Gia and Jake was actually spot on.

Creepox ate a human, how did that get past the sensors?

Capturing Humans to study them, good plan… I guess. Don’t the warstar have internet?
Noah and Burley, are E.T conspiracists, Noah still sounds like he is forcing himself to sound geeky, which is irritating. No one talks like that.

Gia is kind of a biii.

I like that they are trying to develop more than one ranger per episode. It feels much more layered. Which actually breaks away from formula.

I like the new Morph Theme.

Cool, new fight theme and original fighting footage that wasn’t half bad.

I think we just found our new “ooo ahh ooo.” Oogaly Googaly” Wow…. Just wow.

There is a little bit of over explaination during the fight about Saucer Monster’s plan, but I’ll let it slide because it came from the ranger’s perspective, and not from the villains’I don’t like that they restated the plan after the break. This is nor 1993, there is a thing called hulu and Nick.Com.

Am I the only one that has noticed that Gosei hasn’t appeared yet?

"Sorry to spoil the Bromance" LOL

Gosei rollcall was way too echoeyyy?

Why are their voices still echoing?

Vrak, my “Royal” weapons, Zombats are robotic. Nice allusion to the Zangyack empire.

Wait, was the Hector David during that Nerf commercial?

Gosei finally appears, and gives them Power Cards, but how did Noah know they were zords? I like that Gosei has a summoning voiceover. I like, but don’t wear off the novelty too soon please.

“They run on us, our courage… shoot meee.”

I like that they are working together to fight off the saucers. I also like that the banter didn’t feel forced.

Gosei Great Megazord, I can smell the egotis…. Wait, did Jake just come in from the back door on Gia, LOL.

I liked this in Goseiger, and I liked it here too, Long Range punches and kicks.
Saucer died, and there was not talking… YASSSSS!!!!!!

I actually, really enjoyed this episode. Definetly better than the premiere. I can give this a confident three. I haven’t enjoyed an episode of PR in a long time. Megaforce might be good after all. 3/5.

The 2nd Evil
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I think I need to watch this episode again when it gets added to Hulu, but first impression: The only thing I didn't care for were the opening narration, which I thought worked better in Samurai.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Now that's how you pace an episode of Power Rangers and set up a season.

Mega Mission laid the foundational groundwork for what this season is going to be, and He Basted Me with Science started to build on it. This ep reminded me of Race to the Rescue, Something to Fight For, and Save Our Ship n terms of how it used the villains and set up the introduction of the Zords and Megazord.

Plot-wise, I really liked the character interaction, especially between Jake and Gia; the writers are definitely going with a Zach/Angela and Joel/ Ms. Fairweather dynamic, which works for both characters. I also liked that they're parsing out bits of info about the villains but without really giving us a hierarchy for them, which can sometimes hold back character development since it can lead to pigeonholeing.

Aesthetically, I liked the return of the narration synopsis, but wish that they would've had it debut last week rather than this week. I also didn't mind not going to the 'command center' except at the very end of the ep because not having Gosei be 'exposition guy' let the Rangers' characters shine through.

I'm so glad we got individual Zord action; not only are the Mechazords freaking awesome design-wise, we get to see that they're all individualized as well. I didn't mind Troy's "I'm really flying a dragon" line, as it sounds totally like something I'd say if I were in his shoes.

I really don't have any gripes with this ep other than that I would've done Troy and Creepox's first encounter in real time instead of as a flashback. That's just a personal mindset, though, and isn't really a big deal.

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't get any indication that Jake's little saga with Gia is over. Clearly this is going to become somewhat of a Joel-Ms. Fairweather type of relationship, but that's not a bad thing. Joel's scenes with Ms. Fairweather were some of the bright spots of Lightspeed.

I did amend my post after the end scene and mentioned something similar.

President Ranger
02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I think my favorite scene, like Mr. CD mentioned, was the Yuuma Beast foreshadowing. You see, clear as day, in Mr. Burley's office, pictures of Big Foot and Nessie and a giant blob, along with the symbol for the Yuuma Beasts.

Yes I went ahead and took pictures of my TV. Worth it.

Hmm, I didn't notice that. I just thought it was a filler type scene to give Noah something to do. I already enjoyed the episode, but that foreshadowing kind of makes me like it even better.

ImmaDeker
02-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Is Troy Clairvoyant? and he still can’t act

That was a flashback, as established literally a scene later by Creepox.

Creepox ate a human, how did that get past the sensors?

Samurai had a car crash, so I don't get how you'd be surprised by lax S&P.

I like that they are trying to develop more than one ranger per episode. It feels much more layered. Which actually breaks away from formula.

"Develop" is being generous. Nobody's personalities were really explored beyond what was already established (and it's not like Troy even has a personality). Jake and Gia's dynamic was cemented, but that's about it. And that fell by the wayside about half way through for a battle scene that, in terms of pure story, was pretty generic overall.

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Gia is kind of a biii.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a strong woman and everything, but I felt she was walking a fine line there. It's something about the way the actress comes off.

Perfect_Darkfan85
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
So far I'm enjoying this season. I missed the premiere last weekend, but they re-aired it on Nicktoons this morning. A lot of really good things so far. I like how the roll calls are back for both the morph and zord calls, the morph sequence is a lot like Wild Force's in how the suits and helmets appear. I'm looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. I gave this vote a 4/5 Good.

terrierlee
02-09-2013, 11:16 AM
President Ranger: One of the great things I learned from toku is to look in the background, you never know what you might find. And I happened to see a giant footprint on the billboard. Instantly that got my attention 8D

It just shows that we have to keep our eye on this teacher. We might be seeing more of him later...

DigiRanger1994
02-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Did not like the Samurai retread Intro.

It's not a Samurai retread as much it is Ninja Storm, the first season to do so. I thought it was only done in Samurai because of the backstory that didnt take place in the actual episode and the fact that Ninja Storm was Disney's first full-powered season, Samurai having it would be parallel. But yes, I am disappointed in them using it, no mtter how goddamn pretty the exterior shot of the cave is

The 2nd Evil
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Since Mr. Burley's wall had the Yuumajuu symbol on it, I wonder if he'll be the rangers' unknowing mentor for the Toxic Beasts.

DashingNBT
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a strong woman and everything, but I felt she was walking a fine line there. It's something about the way the actress comes off.
She's not bii she just a strong,beautifual woman and she reminds me of luka/gokaiyellow from gokaiger that's who i think they based the character off.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
What are your thoughts on the Jake and Gia scenes?

hL1VtY8FWCI

nightmere10
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Best acted and most natural part of the episode. However, I'm hoping that it's not Jake's defining "thing" for this season.

Sorsha
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
She's not bii she just a strong,beautifual woman and she reminds me of luka/gokaiyellow from gokaiger that's who i think they based the character off.

To each their own.

Gia bugs me and is my least fave so far.

Xalon Warxull
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I like how they merged Zaruwaku of the UFO (was a Slave trader) with Abauta of the Research (Scientist who able to observation and research of an opponent) to be the scientist monster Yuffo. I like how they used Footage from Epic 2: Fantastic Goseigers but with Plot of Epic 7: Protect the Earth!. I'm wondering if they will be using Abauta of the Research at all in Power Rangers Megaforce.

IoriJericho
02-09-2013, 11:48 AM
I'll watch the episode twice or three times, 'cause I don't get it, I was boring.

Hears All
02-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Good stuff, the actors were a lot more natural this time and didn't come off as robots. The Red Ranger (I forget his name) is probably the worst actor out of the bunch, because he has no expression on his face. Dialogue is a big improvement over Samurai, and the "lesson of the week" was a good one that wasn't shoved down our throats

Khandri
02-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Maybe it was just me, but Jake came off as kind of a creeper here, following Gia around when she clearly doesn't seem interested. That's...not really a good thing to be showing, especially if they're potentially trying to set up a future relationship between them.

I also feel like Troy's flashback was poorly explained. There's no context for it when we first see it, and it's not until we see the villains actually talking about encountering but not fighting a Ranger that there's even any hint that it's a flashback. This is another thing where they actually need to show us things, not just tell us.

Sure, I think the not editing the cards to not say Goseiger-related stuff is rather lazy, but honestly, it's negligible for me. Goodness knows we saw plenty of footage in the old days that clearly said stuff like "Zyuranger" or "Carranger."

I did like the bit of foreshadowing not just to later in this half of the season (the symbol on Burley's wall), but to the second half as well. The line about Vrak having a brother sounds a lot like a hint towards whatever they end up calling Walz Gil. This kind of foresight is something that was seriously lacking in Samurai, and I'm grateful to see it here, because they seem to be doing a pretty good job of it.

Overall, though, this wasn't a bad episode, but there are still signs of "growing pains" here and there. I think it needs a bit more time.

tomberly4ever
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I love the modern MMPR feel.

Ascended
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Seeing Goseiger on everything doesn't bother me at all, especially since it was everywhere in the Zordon era. (Zyuranger morphers, Ohranger in the Zeo zord docking bay, Megaranger stuff showing up in the early episodes of In Space.)

O.92
02-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Samurai had a car crash, so I don't get how you'd be surprised by lax S&P.

I don't remember the scene from Samurai you're talking about, but I wouldn't say a car accident and an intimidating villain devouring an entire human being are exactly the same. As tragic as car accidents are...

"Develop" is being generous. Nobody's personalities were really explored beyond what was already established (and it's not like Troy even has a personality). Jake and Gia's dynamic was cemented, but that's about it. And that fell by the wayside about half way through for a battle scene that, in terms of pure story, was pretty generic overall.

As I mentioned, this has been Megaforce's biggest problem so far. And maybe only major problem thus far. The episodes get off to a great start, the storyline gets rolling, but then they fall off into a massive 15 minute weapon display that stalls everything to sell toys. And you can't blame them for doing it. I mean, this show is designed to sell toys after all. But the episodes aren't finishing nearly as strong as they're starting.

Now, one could excuse this problem in the first 2 weeks because...it's the first 2 weeks. Last week they had to introduce all the powers and weaponry, this week they had to introduce the Zords. But because they're cramming all of Goseiger into 20 episodes, we're going to be having new weapon & Zord debuts pretty much every week. And because of that, I'm worried this problem might become a season-long trend. It was what initially worried me when we heard we were getting an entire Sentai season in 20 episodes.

And I agree, Troy doesn't have much of a personality thus far, but we're only 2 episodes in, so there's no reason to worry about it now. He's the Red Ranger, he's guaranteed to have a lot more screen time in his future.

OujaStrike
02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
it was an ok episode got much better when the megaforce rangers called their zords

ImmaDeker
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't remember the scene from Samurai you're talking about, but I wouldn't say a car accident and an intimidating villain devouring an entire human being are exactly the same. As tragic as car accidents are...

It's from, I want to say, "Sticks and Stones". A Nighlok is on the hood of a car, obscuring the driver's vision, and it crashes with no sign of the driver surviving.

I can buy a monster consuming a human as being allowed to pass by S&P because that's pretty drenched in fantasy and the monster's pretty outlandish and goofy to begin with. It's like how Gargoyles used magic to kill a character in one of the medieval battle scenes of "City of Stone" instead of actually dying by sword or how Yu-Gi-Oh! replaced instances of death with eternal damnation in hell (err, the Shadow Realm). Technically, if you really ponder the implications, these genre/fantasy deaths are worse, sure. But they're drenched in fantasy and thus the possible inappropriateness of the content is cushioned.

A monster gobbling up humans is common childhood mythology tied to fear of the dark/the evil realm under your bed or in the closet. It's nothing that would actually traumatize a child because, well, it's nothing that has any quantifiable lasting effects. It's "worse", but it's also a pretty mundane thing children grow out of taking seriously. The car crash, however, was portrayed with no real repercussions despite how much closer to reality the event hits. The car crash surprised me. Nothing else, especially after that episode, does.

Hears All
02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Maybe it was just me, but Jake came off as kind of a creeper here, following Gia around when she clearly doesn't seem interested. That's...not really a good thing to be showing, especially if they're potentially trying to set up a future relationship between them.

I didn't think it was creepy at all. He likes this girl and wants to spend time with her, all he did was ask to walk home with her, most guys can relate to Jake

mbozzo
02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
'He Blasted Me With Science' is a good episode. The bad guy send an alien scientist to test the humans to see how they could be defeated. The Power Rangers come to the rescue and get tested by the monster. They managed to defeat the monster though teamwork. He grow into a giant and we get the first Megazord battle for this series. I can't wait to see more. :gosred:

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Joel-Ms. Fairweather? Not even close. Not even in the ballpark or even down the street from the stadium. Joel and Angela (Ms. Fairweather's first name) at the very least had a love at first sight scene, and she even seemed ready to go out with him in the first episode until he opened his big mouth.

Jake/Gia has none of that and she was about to let him down if she hadn't been interrupted. Their relationship is more like Casey/Lily.

GoGoSpunkz
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Pros:

- loved the two new scores. The Megaforce score during the rollcall morph and the instrumental of "go go power rangers" during the suit battle.. Absolutely superb.

- loved the zord action. It's amazing with some of these graphics that its just a kids show. They are great!

Cons:

- stop using the Samurai score for the love of zordon.

- The corny dialogue for both the monsters and the kids. WHO TALKS LIKE THIS IN THE REAL WORLD?!? I never had a high school teacher as out there as Mr Burley.

- Why the hell was plot revealed to the audience via one of Troy's daydreams. Couldn't they have shown Troy meeting Creepox and then that would explain him not being ready for the test because he was worried for the city or something? I really hope Troy's daydreaming doesn't become part of the show's mythos as they have done it in every episode so far.

- The usage of Sentai elements such as the "Power Cards" irritates me.. I know bandai is trying to sell toys here but the bulky Morpher and these damn cards really take me out of the story more so than the unbelievable giant zord s do.

- hated that the kids weren't hanging at Ernie's or they weren't teleported to Gosei's chamber. Some of my best memories of MMPR happened in those two locations. It would have been nice for a vintage monster update from the all-knowing Gosei.

O.92
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Joel-Ms. Fairweather? Not even close. Not even in the ballpark or even down the street from the stadium. Joel and Angela (Ms. Fairweather's first name) at the very least had a love at first sight scene, and she even seemed ready to go out with him in the first episode until he opened his big mouth.

Jake/Gia has none of that and she was about to let him down if she hadn't been interrupted. Their relationship is more like Casey/Lily.

That's because in Lightspeed, we see the first encounter between Joel and Ms. Fairweather. In Megaforce, it's implied that Jake and Gia already knew each other as classmates before the season began.

Casey & Lily? Are you on something today pal?

Mr. Yellow
02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
- The corny dialogue for both the monsters and the kids. WHO TALKS LIKE THIS IN THE REAL WORLD?!? I never had a high school teacher as out there as Mr Burley.

I thought we all had that one teacher who was cool but a little spacey?

KamenRanger
02-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Pretty good episode, tad bit disappointed that Emma didn't said "Nice stereo", but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the episode.

KnightBuster
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
That's because in Lightspeed, we see the first encounter between Joel and Ms. Fairweather. In Megaforce, it's implied that Jake and Gia already knew each other as classmates before the season began.

I think he meant Theo and Lily. Which I can more or less see. But that's still a different dynamic than Jake and Gia have.

Mason_Ireton
02-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Decent episode, liked the idea of Jake wanting to impress Gia by havin the 2 of them battle UFO, didn't like the new Monster Grow, I'm more used to the traditional growth (Rita/Zedd's Staff, Mesagog's Rain), but the monster seemed to be a worthy foe, the villains did have a motivation to conquer earth, but they didn't attack right off the bat like Rita/Zedd, the new villians choose to study humans to see where they were most vulnerable.

The new Zords were ok, defintly like the Snake/Shark Zords, but I was tired of them using the Morphin Cards for the Zord actions (Piecing them together), I can handle the team using the cards to summon the zords but it was annoyin that the cards had to be used for bringing them together/victory strike, Think Troy was alil reckless by almost having Emma in danger when he was blastin a few Saucers.

Maybe Goesi will have a Villains History lesson with the team when they get to the Legend War (who knows) but it'd be fun to see clips/new shots of fav villains.

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Haven't seen the episode yet but I'm glad it was another decent one. My two problems before I watch it are that apparently, they ARE having the Rangers wear the same outfits everyday which PISSES me off so much AND the Rangers once again seem to be unbelievably oblivious about what's been going on on Earth for the past 20 years because they apparently didn't know that monsters grow...

Oh and also, from the promo, when it comes to "It's Morphin Time!" I wish they'd put more emphasis on the "Morphin" and not on the "It's."

Miss CD
02-09-2013, 01:52 PM

To be fair, A Taste of Poison did tease the idea of Casey/Lily.

FenderYellow
02-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Let's just say that I'll be watching this episode again.

They only few things I didn't like was the lack of Troy and Emma. I like what they are doing with Jake and Gia, but we need to see more of all five of them together. I just didn't see who Troy is just yet.

There were lines in this episode that got me laughing. Jake is still my favorite after this episode.

PR Lover
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
The only issues I had today were the minor ADR being off, but that I can handle. My main issue is the Creepox/Troy face off that "happened" For crying out loud I was expecting, at the very least, the battle from the first 2 mins of Goseiger epic 1, not a 10 second talk between the two.

kakarot
02-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Pretty solid episode. I liked the idea of the Villains studying the rangers to figure out their weaknesses as well as the whole science theme this episode had. As far as the new zords, they're awesome! Troy's dragon mechazord in particular reminded a lot of the red dragon Thunderzord. Overall, I think Megaforce is headed in the right direction.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Movie Clips from today's episode
http://www.megaforcecast.com/media/latestclips.php

Nexerinfinity
02-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Writing: again we get some nice forshadowing, this time to the yuuma beats, mixed with civilian intereaction and development of characters, the scenes with Jake and Gia established the nature of their friendship and was more realistic then past relationships, Troy's flashback seemed weird, if only because i wonder why creepox didnt attack anyway, and emma really got nothing to do until the stock footage, shame. the writing forADR'd scenes is way better than samurai and i laughed a bit at the "bio-fuel" line and a few others. overall the episode did a good job continuing from episode one and introduing supporting cast and concepts. PS in my opinion Victory charge being used in both suit and zord finisher names makes a ton of sense actually

Acting: with the exception of jake's line about the ufos turning into one guy and... all of troy's lines, the acting was pretty ok all around, seeing a bit more of Mr. burley's acting, yes it's cartoonish but i actually think that's intentional.

Cinematography: while still more varied than Samurai, this episode lacked the film-like style many of Mega mission's scenes had, though admittedly that more due to having to match stock footage, i guess useing the japanese cards falls into this catagory since it's a choice of whats on screen, and i have to say people are over thinking it the stock footage would require use of japnanese cards, so rather than be inconsistant and sometimes have english cards and sometimes Japanese, they stuck with the Japanese all the way haveing the words "Tensou Sentai Goseiger" on screen could actually be justified, perhaps it's Eltaran for "Property of Tensou and Gosei" not that it has to, plenty of shots in MMPR had the morpher say Zyuranger, and that was never explained

So yeah, 7/10

Kc16
02-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Pretty good episode, enjoyed the zord fight especially and just noticed today that pink and red have the same logo on there uniform as well as yellow and black. Must indicate the differences between the air rangers, land rangers, and the lone water ranger, that's a neat touch. Really like the parts with Jake and Gia, doesn't seem like a forced relationship and I am interested to see how the two turn out while the season progresses. All in all I enjoyed the episode and I'm ready for the next episode, 4/5 rating from me.

DashingNBT
02-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Jake's my favorite because he's the cool outgoing member of the team. Gia give my homie a chance.

10colvino
02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Really like all this season's rangers, especially after this episode I really love Gia and Jake, both have good personalities and have good chemistry with each other!
(also I noticed Jake zord combines with Gia's from it's "behind", very subtle;) )

Mason_Ireton
02-09-2013, 03:01 PM
^

Ah you noticed that too huh? lol

146Chris
02-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Sometimes it looked like the US costumes in the Cockpit this episode. Was there any original footage inside the Megazord this episode?

Underground Blue
02-09-2013, 03:13 PM
My thoughts:

I felt that acting-wise, this was a lot better episode for Gia (Ciara Hanna) and Jake (Azim Rizk) than everyone else. I actually enjoyed their interactions and didn't seemed forced like Mike and Emily. Particularly, common thinking would say that this episode is suppose to be a Noah episode, but Gia was the star. She felt like she was just as into it as a lot of the Rangers in the Disney Era. I believed Ciara's performance more so than everyone else.

It seeks like Troy continues to be more an anomaly than life itself. Why did he have a flashback of Creepox? Why does Troy have them to begin with? It seems like he only appears for the reason to show them to the audience and it's irritating because there should be more character development than this in the early going for the leader of the team and someone we know nothing about.

Noah continues to be struck in the role of geek, but at least Mr. Burley and he are scratching the surface of what's to come in the season; meaning that there were inferences of future villains.

Emma doesn't do much as well beyond riding on a bike... which is suppose to demonstrate what?

This has to be said because it's disturbing even this early, but wearing the same clothes to school is gross. Hopefully, this will change as well.

Update: When Jake and Gia morphed, there was music that could have been used for the theme, but wasn't. It felt great to listen and would have made the theme a lot better.

Because Gia was really good and it seemed like 3/4ths of the episode okay, I'm giving this a 4.

SteelX
02-09-2013, 03:16 PM
I enjoyed it. I'm not really a fan of zord stuff, but I thought the zord stuff in this episode was good. I was glad to see them continue stuff they established in Mega Mission. Like Jake's crush on Gia, Troy's feelings about humans, and even Emma doing her BMX thing. It also seemed like there was a lot of foreshadowing stuff in this episode. Which is always a good thing.

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
To be fair, A Taste of Poison did tease the idea of Casey/Lily. which ended with Lily giving Casey the You're like a little brother to me speach, and before she was interrupted Gia was giving a similar speech to Jake.

Xalon Warxull
02-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I have this feeling Troy is an alien with his feelings about humans.

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 04:29 PM
^I seriously doubt that

shielded117
02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
The same outfits really doesn't bother me... There's no indication that this took place the very next day or even the same week. It is a bit contrived that they all just happened to wear the same outfits on the same day a week or so later...

Unless they're all extremely dull and have multiple copies of the same outfits and cycle through them day in and day out.

gokaiblue
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM
^Just like Inspector Gadget. XD

I rather liked this episode and have a feeling that this is going to be a great series. Also, I hope a longer version of the song played while Gia and Jake morph is used as the theme for season 2

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 05:13 PM
now I did like that theme no doubt it rocked

White Wind
02-09-2013, 05:35 PM
I usually like the smart girl/dumb guy relationship thing but this situation is just plain sad for Jake. He was full creeper mode the first episode and now he's in lost puppy mode. I find the entire situation embarrassing for the character but maybe it's written that way for a reason. He has more personality then Gia will probably show this entire season but he's inferior to the perfect princess. I hope he gets a spine when it comes to her because that is the only thing that will gain her attention for all the good that will do him. As it is, I'm looking to Emma/Troy for romance and she's probably going to take a back seat to Gia because I have a feeling Gia likes Troy. The last thing I want to do is sit through a triangle after watching Legend of Korra so I hope I'm wrong because I don't foresee the writers handling this type of situation well.

The first part of the episode was good, but Emma missing in class was glaringly obvious, but I suppose she skipped class to take pictures of bigfoot so their teacher can put them on his wall of weird. The second part of the episode got tedious after awhile. I hope we get to see the rangers at home or . . . change clothes sometime in the near future.

I didn't like this episode as much as the first one.

Ascended
02-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm actually a fan of the "same outfit every episode" thing. Mostly because I'm a massive jacket fanboy, but also because I liked it in the the post-Zordon, pre-Disney seasons. (IIRC, Lost Galaxy-Wild Force all had the same outfit every episode.) Also, I tend to wear the same outfit two days in a row...

raz
02-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Just to explain the goseiger footage used:

The very first shot of Creepox was from Goseiger 1, at the very end:

http://s12.postimage.org/6hx71p79p/goseiger1.jpg

Everything else in the encounter with Troy is from Goseiger 2.

All of the fight and zord footage is from Goseiger 2.

This scene of Vrak using the Zombats is from Goseiger 3

http://s12.postimage.org/ux5f2r66l/goseiger3.jpg

The end scene of Malkor upset is from Goseiger 11

http://s12.postimage.org/ck4ts6vpp/goseiger11.jpg

Ragnarock ranger
02-09-2013, 06:04 PM
any idea which gossiper episode is being used for episode 3
When Noah has trouble lifting Jake's heavy weapon he begins to doubt his abilities, until he learns that believing in yourself is all that's necessary to get any job done.

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I think it is the one where that warstar gets everyone sick and Hyde developes a cure, and then activates the seaick brothers

raz
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Ragnarock Ranger,

Most likely episode 5. I made a list here:

Mega Mission - Epic 1 - Formation of team

He blasted Me With Science - Epic 2 - Gosei Great Megazord

Going Viral - Epic 5 - Sea Brothers/Sea Megazord

Stranger Ranger - Epic 7 - Land Brothers/Land Megazord

United We Stand - Epic 9 - Sky Brothers/Sky Megazord

Harmony and Dischord - Epic 4

Who's Crying Now - Epic 12 - Ultra Gosei Great Megazord

Robo Knight - Epic 17/18 - Robo Knight/Lion Mechazord

Prince Takes Knight - Epic 19 - Gosei Grand Megazord

Man and Machine - Epic 22 - Gosei Great Grand Megazord

Ultra Power - Epic 24 - Ultra Mode

Last Laugh - Epic 26

Dream Snatcher - Epic 30 - We saw pictures of the monster from this episode a few months ago in filming

Gosei Ultimate - Epic 32 - Gosei Ultimate Megazord

The Human Factor - Epic 34

Rico the Robot - Epic 41

Staying on Track - Epic 38

The Human Condition - Epic 15

The Messenger - Epic 39

End Game - Epic 44

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 06:14 PM
This episode was a toy commercial to the extreme, especially the megazord fight. I did like the time spent on the singular zords as that seems to get one episode and then rarely seen again in a PR series. I like how the Snakezord combines into the Tigerzord.

What I don't like is how both Megazord and Mechazord are showing up in the dialogue. Just pick one and stick with it.

Emma and Troy's ADR need much better acting. Emma's characterization is always so matter of fact, and Troy sounds like he's supposed to be a super masculine man. Troy has a masculine voice but the ADR sounds like someone's father dressed as a ranger.

I liked that Vrak's royalty was mentioned but his voice is pretty lame. He should have had a voice like Ecliptor.

I don't like that these mystical zords merge ala Ninja Storm with technological vehicles, but I suppose that's where the Mecha comes from. I guess it's better than merging with a ferris wheel.

I have to believe these morphers are probably the largest of any series even Gokaiger. When they were pulling them out they might as well have been holding elongated bricks. They're freaking huge and fat.

For God's sake get some freaking communicators instead of talking into a giant head.

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Overall, the episode was a decent one. Wasn't bad, wasn't amazing. I like the Gia/Jake crush interaction though I hope that it's not the only source of character plot lines we get from the two for the season because it does have the potential to get stale after a while.

The roll call was tedious and should only be saved for huge battles like the finale.

I really enjoyed this monster of the day. The experimenting with humans thing was very interesting, if you ask me. He actually had a purpose instead of being some random monster going to attack the warehouse district or some ****.

I also like how the Warstars make their monsters grow. The zombats are a pretty interesting method that we've never really seen before.

I'm still highly irritated by the fact that the Rangers are wearing the same clothes as Mega Mission. I'm praying that it was just for this one episode and it's not a continuing thing. Make as many excuses as you want like "it's not the same week, they're just wearing the same outfit." They're ALL wearing the same exact outfits as they were wearing the same day they became Rangers...? -_- Power Rangers can be called a lot of things but it is not a cartoon and I'm sure Saban Brands has enough money to scrape up a rotation of clothing for the characters.

I can understand Gosei not being in the episode except for that 2 minute scene because there was a lot going on in the episode but I feel like that shouldn't have happened in the second episode of the series.

I like the Zords a lot and like a couple of you have said, I'm not a huge Zord Battle fan so that's saying something. I like the title of "MechaZord" as well. Like others, I especially thought the scene when Emma had to go through the tunnel with her Zord was cool though her actress' line delivery is very grating so far. I hope she improves as time goes on.

Also, has anyone heard the rumor that Andrew Gray is gay?

pinkfan
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM
^ Where did you hear that rumor from?

Roboblob223
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I have to believe these morphers are probably the largest of any series even Gokaiger. When they were pulling them out they might as well have been holding elongated bricks. They're freaking huge and fat.

And the Power Morphers weren't?

Digifiend
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
The Gosei Morpher is twice as big as the Power Morpher.

What I don't like is how both Megazord and Mechazord are showing up in the dialogue. Just pick one and stick with it. The terms are NOT interchangeable. Zords are the Headers, Mechazords are the machines the headers attach to, and as usual, Megazord is the combined robos.

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 06:49 PM
^ Don't act like this has been done before and that the solution is so obvious. This is the first use of Mechazord.

^^ The Power Morphers weren't even close to how big the Tensouder/Gosei Morpher is so that is a poor comparison.

Mr. Yellow
02-09-2013, 06:52 PM
It's not really difficult to surmise. Zords and Mechazords are being used interchangeably. The Megazord is still the Megazord.

shielded117
02-09-2013, 07:02 PM
^ Don't act like this has been done before and that the solution is so obvious. This is the first use of Mechazord.

The dialogue was pretty clear. The rangers summoned the zords (the headers), they combined with a real life object, forming the mechazords (which the rangers again said), then the mechazords combined into the megazord.

Ranger93
02-09-2013, 07:06 PM
overall ok episode

funny how these 2 episodes of megaforce are already better than the entire samurai/super samurai seasons combined.

raz
02-09-2013, 07:09 PM
It's not really difficult to surmise. Zords and Mechazords are being used interchangeably. The Megazord is still the Megazord.

When was zord used to refer to anything but the headers?

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
It's not hard to be better than Samurai, but unfortunately it's a disease that continues to fester into certain aspects of this one.

We don't need a crappy intro segment and a name call during the opening.

rocky505
02-09-2013, 07:12 PM
We obviously need the roll call. I've seen many people getting Emma and Gia mixed up.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
We don't need a crappy intro segment and a name call during the opening.
The intro narration is an aesthetic addition only, and has no actual bearing on the quality of the storytelling; the same thing applies to the Rangers saying their names during the opening credits.

Kyoryuger
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Also, has anyone heard the rumor that Andrew Gray is gay?

Ugh, seriously, the rumor has to stop.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
What are your thoughts on the Gosei Great Megazord?

vH6MdHw812U

qS5Ccp7Owys

Navi
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I think I may be in the minority. But I thought this episode was terrible. Goseiger in itself was bad, but man this really takes the cake. What was Saban thinking? Ep 1 was an ok starting point and i was hoping that this ep would of been great and something special but it was far from it.

I really hope something picks up or it will be quite obvious that the samurai disease has spread. All i can say is Saban better be careful and not **** up Gokaiger or there will be hell to pay.

simaticable
02-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Instead of complaining, why don't you elaborate on why you thought it was terrible.

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Navi, I'm sure we can be assured that Gokaiger will be put into a blender and fall out in pieces sewn together like a puzzle with ill-fitting pieces.

Fury Diamond, I did like how the ranger's teleported into the megazord with the circles on the ceiling.

nightmere10
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Was the cockpit footage original?

Neo Aguni
02-09-2013, 07:48 PM
No the cockpit footage was all from Goseiger

Roboblob223
02-09-2013, 07:48 PM
^^ The Power Morphers weren't even close to how big the Tensouder/Gosei Morpher is so that is a poor comparison.

Actually, if you think about it, the Power Morphers were bulkier when opened. The Gosei Morpher just gets taller. I really don't see why you're complaining about the bulky morphers, though.

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Actually, if you think about it, the Power Morphers were bulkier when opened. The Gosei Morpher just gets taller. I really don't see why you're complaining about the bulky morphers, though.

I like the design of the Gosei Morpher but I have to agree that it is pretty bulky. I assumed from the scene in "Mega Mission" when the morphers just appear in front of the Rangers that that was the way they were going to summon them like in Zeo, Turbo, and Dino Thunder but they actually have to carry them around which is extremely inconvenient. AND they're used as communicators!

Ugh, seriously, the rumor has to stop.

Why? Is it untrue?

shielded117
02-09-2013, 07:53 PM
^
1. It's none of our business.
2. So what if he is? Why can't people just be... people?

Navi
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Instead of complaining, why don't you elaborate on why you thought it was terrible.
The acting seemed bland to me. I had to fast-forward through the episode because I can't stand the characters, they come across as cheap knok offs of the mmpr cast. I get it the 20th anniversary should be a trib to the original series/ series, but there is no reason to try for a full out copy/paste like they are trying to do. The characters are shallow and one dimensional and make me want to change the channel. I stopped watching after DinoThunder and thought with Saban adapting Goseiger I was in for something awesome and figured I should check it out, but boy was I wrong. This is gonna be Samurai all over again.

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 08:02 PM

They still aren't as bulky even when opened. Did you not notice how thick the Gosei Morpher is? The width, length, and depth dwarf the power morpher. I'm not talking about the toy here, I'm talking about the in-show morpher.

You can clearly see how long and thick (pun not intended) the morpher is when it's about to be used. One of the girls, probably Gia was holding it in profile view and it just looked massive. I don't have the ability to make a screen capture.

AkibaGold
02-09-2013, 08:05 PM
So, I finished the second episode. Some thoughts:

Remember when episodes had a story? I really hope this is not indicative of the entire season, where the majority of the episode was long, drawn out fight. Yeah, it introduced the zords, but there was nothing else in this episode. Troy meets an enemy general unmorphed, but that is shown to us through a flashback. I didn't understand at first and thought it was a daydream (and thought Troy might be better fitted in this outfit.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120224010312/powerrangers/images/c/cf/AkibaRed.jpg)

What I'm saying is that they don't have to use all the fight footage they get from sentai. We aren't going to relate to these characters if we don't get to know them. And no, a few interests don't count as getting to know them.

Otherwise, my complaints are the fact the actors don't sound to into it during fights and I'm getting tired of the show throwing out catchphrases. Sure the original did that, but that was a different era.

I really can't say anything about this good episode. No unmorphed fight, no plot and seriously, Professor. There was a big alien invasion 13 years ago. Surely people haven't forgotten. Everyone should know there are such things as UFO's

I give He Blinded me with Science an F. Try harder Megaforce.
:kuuga:

raz
02-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Even though other people noticed it also, this is my favorite part of the episode

http://s11.postimage.org/4wljxijtf/erurei.jpg

FalconFlyer
02-09-2013, 08:27 PM
finally watched the episode, i liked several aspects but it wasn't without its problems, the acting is still mixed at best, though Ciara was much better this week than last week guess it was just a rough start, some of the deliveries are still a little awkward especially during the morphed fighting, also imho Troy really needs to lay off all the Hero lines, i get that the red ranger is all about courage and heroism and Jason was very much the same, but the guy is coming off as captain america on flag day should tone it down just a bit, also this has probably been brought up but what is the deal with the city and never having heard of aliens, there are alien attacks almost every year not to mention a Huge Space colony was built by humans in the 90s that traveled the entire galaxy and found a new planet, how is the existence of aliens still news?

I still liked several things about the episode, for starters the Villians are MUCH better this year, and the main villain actually remains involved and gives his input on the plans and how they deduced that the rangers cant be doing all this alone and they have to find out what gives them their power, as opposed to having his minion do everything for him while he swallows medicine all day and then complains when things go wrong, The episode also had some good action especially during the Zord fight, Gosei also seems to be a decent mentor so far, they seem to have learned not to shove several bad puns in a single episode like they did during samurai which is a plus, I also liked Jake's attempts at getting Gia's attention and that while the feeling clearly isn't mutual she was still mostly nice about it, i did like Mr. Burkley as well and kinda reminded me of Phenominous from Inspace.

all in all not a bad episode and megaforce so far isn't a bad season either however i feel it currently lacks the energy to make it a great season mainly because some of the deliveries especially the in suit ones are still kinda awkward and while the lines are nowhere near as bad as samurai they kinda force the teamwork idea, though this is only the second episode so expecting them to branch out more this early might be asking a little much, id probably give this episode a 3 maybe a 3.5/5

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
also this has probably been brought up but what is the deal with the city and never having heard of aliens, there are alien attacks almost every year not to mention a Huge Space colony was built by humans in the 90s that traveled the entire galaxy and found a new planet, how is the existence of aliens still news?

This irritates me. A lot.

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
I took some pictures of the very on-display use of the morphers from this episode if people really need me to prove how bulbous and large this morpher is.

Navi
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
maybe they live in another dimension

Kyoryuger
02-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm waiting for this episode to be on Nick.com, because I missed it this morning.

Silver Phoenix
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
The main bad guy leader did say Vrak earlier in the episode and then Vrock later. Inconsistency much?

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 08:40 PM
maybe they live in another dimension

This also irritates me. Matter of fact, it utterly pisses me off. There's no need for any PR season to be placed into their own pocket dimensions.

And you know what would make it even more annoying if this was the case? This is a Power Rangers Anniversary season. "Let's take the 20th anniversary and put it into its own universe AWAY from the 18 other seasons that we're supposed to be commemorating! Yep, that sounds smart."

nightmere10
02-09-2013, 08:45 PM
No the cockpit footage was all from Goseiger

Thanks! :D I guess since they don't have Mega Modes they wouldn't need to make original footage for that.

AkibaGold
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
This also irritates me. Matter of fact, it utterly pisses me off. There's no need for any PR season to be placed into their own pocket dimensions.

And you know what would make it even more annoying if this was the case? This is a Power Rangers Anniversary season. "Let's take the 20th anniversary and put it into its own universe AWAY from the 18 other seasons that we're supposed to be commemorating! Yep, that sounds smart."

It would be a good idea, IMHO, if they set it up as this group being a complete analogue to the original team. They are the start of a new legend and get a glimpse at those who may follow them. This has to tie into the Legend War.

...nah, then we'd have to sit through another Turbo...and Alien Rangers... and Rocky... forget what I said.

O.92
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
The acting seemed bland to me. I had to fast-forward through the episode because I can't stand the characters, they come across as cheap knok offs of the mmpr cast. I get it the 20th anniversary should be a trib to the original series/ series, but there is no reason to try for a full out copy/paste like they are trying to do. The characters are shallow and one dimensional and make me want to change the channel. I stopped watching after DinoThunder and thought with Saban adapting Goseiger I was in for something awesome and figured I should check it out, but boy was I wrong. This is gonna be Samurai all over again.

So that's your only complaint that made this episode so terrible? The characters that you claim are copy-pastes of the Mighty Morphin' Rangers? I get that Noah is similar to Billy, but I'm not so sure the rest are as "badly done ripoffs" are you're making it out to be.

Gia being a ripoff of Trini...yeah, you're gonna' have to help me out on this one. I don't see that at all. They're both smart, but outside of that, Trini was a nobody. The people who made Mighty Morphin' have even admitted on numerous accounts that Trini had no personality. That's not Gia at all.

Jake seems to be much more of a goofball than Zach. Just because he has a thing for Gia, much like Zach had a crush on Angela, isn't enough for me to call Jake a complete Zach ripoff. Zach was a lot more smooth and suave. Jake isn't really like that. He's just more of a bonehead.

I know some people claim they see minor resemblances of Kimberly in Emma, but I don't. At least not yet. Probably because their interests are so different. Emma is completely into this environment and tree-hugging scene, and I can't see her doing 90% of the things you'd see Kimberly doing. And I don't think anyone here knows enough about Troy yet to start touting him as a Jason knock-off.

RyanRXP
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm actually a fan of the "same outfit every episode" thing. Mostly because I'm a massive jacket fanboy, but also because I liked it in the the post-Zordon, pre-Disney seasons. (IIRC, Lost Galaxy-Wild Force all had the same outfit every episode.) Also, I tend to wear the same outfit two days in a row...

In fact, most PR seasons don't have more than 1 civilian outfit for the rangers. I don't see why so many people are complaining about it. Sure, it is lazy and cheep, but so is a lot of things about Power Rangers.

No one needs to explain why they liked or disliked anything. You should simply respect their opinion and move on instead of just complaining about a user having a different opinion than you.

also this has probably been brought up but what is the deal with the city and never having heard of aliens, there are alien attacks almost every year not to mention a Huge Space colony was built by humans in the 90s that traveled the entire galaxy and found a new planet, how is the existence of aliens still news?

In Ninja Storm, Tori thought that Power Rangers didn't exist and in Lightspeed, a woman said that monsters don't exist. This is nothing new at all.

AkibaGold
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I just think the episode was terrible because it had no story, just one long fight. Hell, the only interesting thing that happened was show to us in a flashback.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
@RyanXP: This is a * discussion * forum; you can't have discussion if people aren't at least trying to justify or explain their opinions. It made sense after a while for people to stop trying to explain their opinions regarding Samurai (particularly those who weren't critical of the season) because those explanations were being largely ignored and criticized, but we're not to that point yet (and I'm hoping we never will be) with regards to Megaforce.

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 09:18 PM
In fact, most PR seasons don't have more than 1 civilian outfit for the rangers. I don't see why so many people are complaining about it. Sure, it is lazy and cheep, but so is a lot of things about Power Rangers.

No one needs to explain why they liked or disliked anything. You should simply respect their opinion and move on instead of just complaining about a user having a different opinion than you.

In Ninja Storm, Tori thought that Power Rangers didn't exist and in Lightspeed, a woman said that monsters don't exist. This is nothing new at all.

Only 4 seasons out of 19 didn't have more than one civilian outfit for the Rangers. You can't count In Space, SPD, or Overdrive because when they weren't in their uniforms, they wore different clothing. Yes, a lot of things in Power Rangers is lazy and cheap but this nearly takes the cake. If you're already gonna stick us with terrible acting and every other thing that simply comes along with the PR package, you can at least go buy your characters more than one freaking outfit. It's the LEAST they could do, if you ask me. And once again, Power Rangers is a kids show. This does not mean that kids are stupid. Children will notice that the Mega Rangers are wearing the same outfit in every episode. Especially since their outfits were pretty styling to be honest. I could see if it was a t-shirt and a pair of jeans but they all looked pretty fly.

Also, like DigificWriter said, this is a DISCUSSION forum. If you're not going to explain your opinions, there is no reason to post them and I don't blame people for complaining about people's differing opinions if they have no intention of elaborating on them.

Once again, the writers of Ninja Storm have stated that Tori's line about Power Rangers being comic books was supposed to be a humorous throwaway. An in-universe stab at their own show. It was NOT supposed to be taken as a serious disregard of continuity. Period.

The old woman in Lightspeed Rescue's line about monsters not existing was infuriating as well. Just because this is not the first time it's happened, doesn't make it any less idiotic.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
^ I'm so glad somebody else brought up the whole 'No Power Rangers' thing in NS being meant as a joke, since I wanted to but figured that discretion was the better part of valor since I'm * usually * the person who brings it up.

I didn't really get a 'aliens and monsters are a fringe science' vibe from Noah and Mr. Burley's conversation or from their reaction when they noticed the UFOs.

AkibaGold
02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
^I'm suspecting all the destroyed Zords have had an effect on California's eco-system. There is something in the water and it makes people stupid.

Samurai Pink
02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
This episode was fantastic. It seems that they are using the cards that Goseiger used and with the same sames. The summoning of the zords and the megazord was great. The battles were so cool. My favorite zords were the phoenix and dragon mechazords. It was amazing how the zords merge with vehicles (dragon- airplane, phoenix- military jet, tiger- bulldozer, snake- bullet train, shark- submarine).

TheNinjaRanger
02-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I think I'm the minority on this, but I don't mind it when people are surprised by the aliens/monsters attacking, even though the was an invasion in Countdown to Destruction. My theory is that people think that there are no more aliens/monsters because the last batch of rangers destroyed them all, they just don't think there would be more aliens out there.

As for the episode, haven't seen it yet. From what I gather from the comments is that it's a decent episode.

RangerGirl09
02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
This episode was really awesome! Here are some of my pros and cons of the episode

Pros

Noah and Mr. Burley talking about science

Jake and Gia moments

Troy face to face with Creepox

Troy saving Emma from the space ships

Ending scene with the team sitting on the bench. I loved how Troy and Emma were smiling at each other.

Cons

Less scenes for Troy and Emma. We only got to see Emma in two scenes of the episode.

OrderofMeledon
02-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I think I'm the minority on this, but I don't mind it when people are surprised by the aliens/monsters attacking, even though the was an invasion in Countdown to Destruction. My theory is that people think that there are no more aliens/monsters because the last batch of rangers destroyed them all, they just don't think there would be more aliens out there..

That might be a solid theory if the same thing didn't happen every single year for the past 20, give or take two.

CodeSM34
02-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I liked what I saw in He Blasted Me with Science. The voice actor for the MotD played the role well and the monster was not bad as a threat in a way.

It's weird that Jake and Gia sort of stole the spotlight from Noah when it is his episode (I think). Jake and Gia are becoming fan favorites (if not already) in this season even when we're two episodes in. As others said before, I hope Jake's obsession in trying to impress Gia will not hinder his characteristics or character development. I liked Gia's line, "You're afraid to walk by yourself?" it really shows her character in a way.

Noah is not bad in this episode and I like how he interacts with Mr. Burley.

Emma was just there, unfortunately, so I hope that she plays more of a role in the next episode as so far, all we know she's kind, a photographer, a BMX rider, and an environmentalist. Good traits, but she needs a little more air time.

As for Troy, its interesting that we still don't know much about him other than what we read in his character description. In this case, he looks back at his first encounter with Creepox, who I believe will follow suit of his Sentai counterpart, and establish some sort of rivalry with Troy. For the most part of this episode, Troy sort of took a backseat. His line when the rangers got their mechazords sort of reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh!, which is fine but I hope he doesn't resort to that notion too much. I think that despite his lack of characteristics so far, he seems to be one of the more interesting characters in this show.

The Sentai was well utilized in this episode. However, the ADRs are still shaky, especially Andrew Gray's performance. Again, hopefully, there will be improvement. The roll call was nice and its been a while since I've seen one. The background music is similar to Samurai other than a few scores. The intro to the episode was unnecessary. It was needed for Samurai/Super Samurai to sort of understand the history behind the powers of the Samurai, but for Megaforce, its just a minute wasted since the first episode practically gave out all the needed details of what is going on.

Overall, this is a nice way to get the rangers and actors' feet wet and help them develop their skills as the season goes on. It's still too early to judge the quality of this season, but I think we're in for a great year of Megaforce. If I have to give a grade to this episode, it would be a 3.5/5, not bad, but it wasn't memorable for me compared to Mega Mission.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I gotta say, opinions on this ep are a lot more evenly split than for the premiere, at least according to the poll voting. I didn't notice any real drop in quality between the two episodes, so I'm wondering what's generating the split opinion(s) this time around.

President Ranger
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Once again, the writers of Ninja Storm have stated that Tori's line about Power Rangers being comic books was supposed to be a humorous throwaway. An in-universe stab at their own show. It was NOT supposed to be taken as a serious disregard of continuity. Period.

The old woman in Lightspeed Rescue's line about monsters not existing was infuriating as well. Just because this is not the first time it's happened, doesn't make it any less idiotic.

Do you have a source for that claim? Either way, I don't care what the writers claim their intent was in Ninja Storm; at the end of the day they clearly showed that there was skepticism towards the existence of power rangers. If it was a "humorous throwaway" line, then it was a throwaway line that she was dead serious about and thus makes her skepticism canon. Also, it wasn't just Tori's line, but it was also Dustin bragging later in the episode about being right. Why would he brag about being right if the existence of power rangers was a well known established fact?

Fact is, the PRU has established itself as a Universe where people are skeptical about the existence of power rangers. LSR and NS have already been mentioned with respect to the skepticism, but there were also scenes in PRIS and WF where somebody was skeptical too. In PRIS, the ninja turtles were surprised that the power rangers were real. They called them "pretend" and called them "comic book" just like Tori. While talking to Wes in the WF/TF team-up, Cole clearly didn't know that other rangers existed either.

Given what we have seen in the past, what happened in this episode with Noah and his teacher was completely consistent with what we've seen from others in the PRU.

RyanRXP
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I just think the episode was terrible because it had no story, just one long fight. Hell, the only interesting thing that happened was show to us in a flashback.

This is an episode where we need to remember this is a kids show. Kids don't care about story as much as they care about fight scenes.

I really don't understand why so many fans act like Power Rangers only has one universe. We already know that there are at least 3 different Power Rangers universes.

However, I agree that the 20th anniversary season needs to be part of the main universe.

@RyanXP: This is a * discussion * forum; you can't have discussion if people aren't at least trying to justify or explain their opinions. It made sense after a while for people to stop trying to explain their opinions regarding Samurai (particularly those who weren't critical of the season) because those explanations were being largely ignored and criticized, but we're not to that point yet (and I'm hoping we never will be) with regards to Megaforce.

I am sick of people being forced to explain their reasons why they don't like episodes, while no one forces people to explain why they liked episodes. And don't try to say this started with Samurai, because it has been going on since Jungle Fury.

Also, this is a discussion, not a debate. Simply stating your opinions is perfectly acceptable in a discussion. You are not adding much to the discussion(and I honestly don't see the point of only saying whether or not you liked it). What hurts discussions is when you turn every negative opinion into a debate for no reason. And there is still plenty of room for discussion. There isn't going to be no discussion just because one or two user don't want to explain themselves. Just let those users be and nothing bad will happen.

Only 4 seasons out of 19 didn't have more than one civilian outfit for the Rangers. You can't count SPD or Overdrive because when they weren't in their uniforms, they wore different clothing. Yes, a lot of things in Power Rangers is lazy and cheap but this nearly takes the cake. If you're already gonna stick us with terrible acting and every other thing that simply comes along with the PR package, you can at least go buy your characters more than one freaking outfit. It's the LEAST they could do, if you ask me. And once again, Power Rangers is a kids show. This does not mean that kids are stupid. Children will notice that the Mega Rangers are wearing the same outfit in every episode. Especially since their outfits were pretty styling to be honest. I could see if it was a t-shirt and a pair of jeans but they all looked pretty fly

I am not saying only one outfit, I am saying only one outfit not relating to work or being rangers. Even if you don't count SPD(even though I don't rember them having multiple outfits[but I hate SPD, so I may have forgotten]), you still have a lot of season that do only have one civilian outfit. Now I may have misspoken using the word most, but enough seasons do that it is just another thing that we need to accept as just another dumb part of Power Rangers

However I agree that it is a bad thing, especially coming after a season where the rangers actually had multiple civilian outfits.

And while I am here, I will post my thoughts on the episode. In my opinion, it was clearly weaker than the last episode. I think it was rushed and I am starting to think that Saban just needs to fire their adr director. The adr acting is always weaker than the normal acting, but this season has a huge gap between the acting levels. This episode also had way too much in suit fighting. A short scene with Jake and Gia would have gone a long way to make the episode's pace better.
I give the episode a 2 out of 5(with 3 being the average PR episode). It was a below average episode, but not bad. Thus far, Megaforce is much better than Samurai and looking like a step in the right direction for the franchise.

I gotta say, opinions on this ep are a lot more evenly split than for the premiere, at least according to the poll voting. I didn't notice any real drop in quality between the two episodes, so I'm wondering what's generating the split opinion(s) this time around.

I don't understand where it is split. 84 voters say it was good to great, while only 4 say it was below average to bad.

As one of the lower voters, I will just say that me giving an episode a 2 is the same as most people giving it a 3 or, sadly, a 4. I almost never give out a 5(I reserve that for only the best episodes of PR). So really only 3 people say it was bad.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
^ The final vote count for the Mega Mission poll was 143 Great votes to 71 Good votes; with this one, though, both the Good and Great votes are evenly split, and, as I noted, I didn't really notice a significant drop in the quality of the two episodes, so I was curious as to what caused the more even split between Great votes and Good votes.

Fury Diamond
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
636 HD Screen Captures from today's episode
http://www.megaforcecast.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=279

Gosei Great Megazord, Gosei Mechazords, and Power Cards Images
http://www.megaforcecast.com/gallery/index.php?cat=11

http://www.megaforcecast.com/gallery/albums/episodes/season1/2/normal_2-045.jpg
Science Room - Room 17 at Harwood County High

MetalPharoah
02-09-2013, 10:11 PM
I like the fact Vrak says, "As royalty I have access to all sorts of advanced technology," which could imply he has the box to release the Yuma Beasts :D

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
^ The final vote count for the Mega Mission poll was 143 Great votes to 71 Good votes; with this one, though, both the Good and Great votes are evenly split, and, as I noted, I didn't really notice a significant drop in the quality of the two episodes, so I was curious as to what caused the more even split between Great votes and Good votes.

As someone who enjoyed both episodes, I can say that it was the ridiculously high amount of morphed footage, for me at least. After re-watching the episode, I clocked that the morphed footage starts about 6 minutes in, and it never stops from there. From that point on, the episode becomes entirely morphed battle/Zord footage. That's about 67% of the episode. And it's not that I completely hate battle scenes, but they don't it for me as much as they did when I was a kid. Now I'm more in it for the storyline, the characters, etc. And you don't get very much of that during the battle scenes.

For other people, they may have preferred 'Mega Mission' because of the "new-ness factor" of last week, and the general excitement that comes along with premieres.

MetalPharoah
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
^I agree O.92, the sentai footage had been used a bit too much. MMPR was pretty great because there were a lot of story and character placement, and being the anniversary season I thought we'd receive more of it. I think RPM did a great job with that as well.

DigificWriter
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
@O.92: Thanks for the explanation as to why there was a discrepancy for you. I was genuinely curious as to what might've caused the voting for this ep to be so evenly split in comparison to the overwhelmingly extra-positive voting on Mega Mission.

I personally voted Great for both episodes, but that's because, as I said, I didn't see any significant differences in quality.

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
^I think the fact that this episode still pulled it pretty much all Good-Great ratings even with 67% Sentai battle footage speaks to how strong the unmorphed scenes and dialogue were. Any other episode that had that much Sentai fight/Zord footage (67%, about 17 minutes straight) probably would've sucked and tanked in the ratings.

CodeSM34
02-09-2013, 10:34 PM
I understand your mindset, 0.92, and I think in many ways, those who have grown up with the franchise has developed in terms of what we're more into. As kids, we would be more interested in the fight scenes, the monsters, the weapons, the megazords, and the toys. As we get older, we learn to understand more of the story, the character development, the chemistry between the teams, the motives behind the villains, the behind the scenes stuff, while getting some more toys if we're still interested.

However, I'm not surprised that Megaforce is using more sentai footage than original footage. It's been that way for most of Power Rangers usually do to the tighter budgets. Even though Saban planned to go all out with this season and next season and put more money into the show (I believe), using Sentai footage is usually what Power Rangers do and I really can't fault them for doing that. It's not like MMPR season 2, 3 in which they had to rely on new footage due to the circumstances of the seasons not relying much on Dairanger or Kakuranger (in which we only see about 10 episodes of those particular rangers, known as the Alien Rangers).

O.92
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm not surprised it's happened either, I just hope it doesn't keep up this way. I can excuse it in the first 2 weeks because of the Zords needing to debut today, and the powers needing to debut last week. But because they're cramming all of Goseiger into 20 episodes, we're going to be having more new weapon/Zord debuts nearly every week. So I'm afraid this overdose of Sentai battle footage is going to become a season-long problem, and it may ultimately become Megaforce's biggest problem. In fact, it's really the only major problem I have with the season so far.

shielded117
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Honestly... the only thing that really bothers me about the "aliens/monsters/demons don't exist" line or the "Power Rangers are just fairy tales" line is that post Lost Galaxy, you would have had to been living under a rock to not know about the Power Rangers.

While everything was taking place in Angel Grove, I could understand some skepticism, a lot of skepticism actually. After 'Countdown to Destruction' though, there should be no doubt anywhere except from the conspiracy theorists (ironically). Even if you didn't believe in the rangers, you surely knew about the extraterrestrials. Terra Venture's mission was to find a suitable planet to start a colony on. And this is the kind of thing that makes news. International news. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board that remembers Mir. Terra Venture was bigger than that. It made International News. Scenes of the GSA troops training on the moon were bound to make it back to Earth. They knew they might face trouble. You don't pack as much firepower as they did to not be expecting trouble somewhere.

But what happens after that? You have ranger teams popping up everywhere. Mariner Bay. Silver Hills. Turtle Cove. Then we get to Blue Bay Harbor, and Tori writes the rangers off as being out of comic books? Maybe they've faded from her memory? It's 2003. It's been 10 years since Rita first attacked in 1993. Astronema's invasion was only five years ago in 1998. She would have been what 11 or 12 at the time? Maybe 13? Mass invasion of a city several hundred miles away, you may not have heard of it... perhaps the parents didn't want you to see the news coverage? A lot of parents shielded there kids from 9/11 when it first happened. But the Rangers win! There's lots of celebrating, but it didn't really effect the rest of the country, so younger ones don't really think about it. Besides, pre-teen/teenage girls have more important things to worry about than the end of the world I guess... Maybe Tori just had a very very very sheltered life...

Then more ranger teams... Reefside and Briarwood. Still, relatively isolated. But then we get to the Overdrive Rangers. They weren't so isolated... With the zords popping up all around the world as they sought the jewels of the Corona Aurora.... You can't try to say that the world didn't know about Power Rangers by that point. I'd say Ocean Bluff was relatively isolated, and the same for the Panorama City.

I think there are some cases where one could be skeptical about the existence of Power Rangers and the various villainous factions, but for the most part, there should be no doubt about the existence of either.

DeafMega
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Does anyone notice that Emma isn't in the class, considering that she's in the same class with the Rangers?

CodeSM34
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm not surprised it's happened either, I just hope it doesn't keep up this way. I can excuse it in the first 2 weeks because of the Zords needing to debut today, and the powers needing to debut last week. But because they're cramming all of Goseiger into 20 episodes, we're going to be having more new weapon/Zord debuts nearly every week. So I'm afraid this overdose of Sentai battle footage is going to become a season-long problem, and it may ultimately become Megaforce's biggest problem. In fact, it's really the only major problem I have with the season so far.

And that, I agree with your concern. Converting 50 episodes of Goseiger into 20 episodes is definitely harder than converting it into 32 episodes. I think this will be Megaforce's biggest flaw not only due to having less original footage, but Megaforce has to cram the extra powers, zords, etc., especailly if they want to sell new products. This could change things for the character development and story. Plus, you also got the footage from the Goseiger movies, which I'm sure Saban will consider using later on.

Nexerinfinity
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Honestly... the only thing that really bothers me about the "aliens/monsters/demons don't exist" line or the "Power Rangers are just fairy tales" line is that post Lost Galaxy, you would have had to been living under a rock to not know about the Power Rangers.
~snip~
I think there are some cases where one could be skeptical about the existence of Power Rangers and the various villainous factions, but for the most part, there should be no doubt about the existence of either.

I always assumed it was mostly covered up by the Goverment. it's like Roswell, Everyone living there knows what happened, but many think it's that the whole town is just in on the hoax, i guarantee theres a huge community of cospiracy theorists whose logic goes like this:

" Think about it man, the MAN says the Angel grove invasion just viral marketing, and then one year later we have interstellar travel? that's not how technological advancement works, man! that was a REAL alien ship man! Area 51 just reverse engineered it to make the terra venture!"

IoriJericho
02-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I've saw again this episode and... bah! Just another generic Power Rangers episode, nothing special, no big deal.

mnikolic
02-10-2013, 02:11 AM

Well, they do need to do some majpr Sentai episode combining this year. Like putting the footage of a 2-part Sentai episode into a single PR episode. Or taking a 3-part Sentai episode and making it a 2-part PR episode. Plus if they're using two Sentais this season (i.e. "next"), it's understandable that some elements of the season will get compressed. Besides, they do need to catch up with the Sentai series. Go-Busters is already over in Japan and it's only a metter of a day or two where I live before Overtime releases it subbed.

And that, I agree with your concern. Converting 50 episodes of Goseiger into 20 episodes is definitely harder than converting it into 32 episodes. I think this will be Megaforce's biggest flaw not only due to having less original footage, but Megaforce has to cram the extra powers, zords, etc., especailly if they want to sell new products. This could change things for the character development and story. Plus, you also got the footage from the Goseiger movies, which I'm sure Saban will consider using later on.

I agree. Like I said, if they are trying to be in sync with the Sentai series like it was the case until the Diensy seasons didn't end, they are going to be combining seasons. Which means less character development and more battle footage. Plus if the Sentai season has a crapload of weapons, powers and Zords, the 67 % of Sentai footage per episode is something to be expected. I've seen the first 10 Goseiger episodes and they already released a small group of extra Zords. That can do damage to overall story and character development in Power Rangers if we've got a case of 100+ episodes being compressed into 40+ episodes, which is probably the case with (Super) Megaforce.

10colvino
02-10-2013, 03:34 AM
so true :)

Ryan Steele
02-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Just saw the episode, it was good overall. Nice promotion of the zords

ForeverBlue
02-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Couldn't decide between Mega or Good so I went with Good since is not really Mega anyways. Great intro on zords though.

Edit: That close this thread option in the quick reply is annoying lol

Rangermon
02-10-2013, 06:20 AM
I just saw the episode, still a huge improvement on Samurai. It felt like proper Power Rangers to me and acting improved even in the second episode, so it seems like they'll get better along the way. Nice intro to the Megazord too, though it felt a little like it was forced in quickly... That's the one thing I liked of what I saw of Goseiger, which is the awesome suit fights - they were the shining star of the series. It does seem like Saban has listened to gripes about Samurai, so I feel grateful for the effort produced so far. The only thing I didn't like (though I appreciate that the actor can do an American accent) was the teacher... I feel that although he's comedic, it's overacted like crazy lol. When he said Noah as (Noher), I cringed because he was trying to sound American but didn't realise that even Americans say the "uh" sound at the end.

Was it me or did we hear some original music in there - an alternate Megaforce song? The audio mixing was shaky on that part, so it wasn't properly audible but what I did hear sounded nice.

MetalPharoah
02-10-2013, 08:27 AM
^Craig, I think that original music we heard was suppose to be the theme song but they decided against it.

DashingNBT
02-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I hate the theme it sucks. Its jus a horrible mashup of themes

O.92
02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Besides, they do need to catch up with the Sentai series.

They do?

I agree. Like I said, if they are trying to be in sync with the Sentai series like it was the case until the Diensy seasons didn't end, they are going to be combining seasons.

I don't think they really care how far they fall behind the Sentai, to be honest. Why should they? They have no reason to, unless they fall so drastically behind that the technology used to film the Sentai footage becomes visbily outdated. The only one's who really care how far they fall behind the Sentai are Sentai fans. Because they're the ones who are getting tired of seeing Saban adapt footage that they've already been accustomed to for a few years.

Miss CD
02-10-2013, 10:20 AM
^

Props and Monster suits decay over time dude. Look at what happen to VR Troopers and Masked Rider. Falling behind Sentai means how long Toei can keep the suits and props in mint condition so they can be used for PR. Plus, we already know the "Can't play leapfrog with Sentai" rule.

O.92
02-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Eh, good point, I didn't think about that. Although I still don't think they feel any urgency to catch up and be only a year behind like they once were. Although certainly the point you raised limits how far they can fall behind.

JustCallMeThePinkRanger
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
This episode was just...okay.

Maybe I need a rewatch, but it just felt like nothing really happened. Monsters attacked, Rangers saved the day. There was like almost no substance, other than Jake trying to get in Gia's pants, and Gia being an Ice Queen, and Noah's thing with the Professor Phenomenous pastiche.

On the plus side its nice that the Rangers have set and defined personalities. Though once again the female characters seem to be getting the short end of the stick. Emma was there for all of 30 seconds unmorphed, and Gia seems to be serving more as a extension of Jake's character,the unattainable object of his affections then again this is only the 2nd episode so I'm sort of jumping the gun.

Oh and they're talking like normal people (relatively speaking) and they've cut back on the toy commercial one-liners from the last two seasons.

There was nothing wrong with this episode on its own, but I hope its not the standard formula.

And Troy seems more like a Tommy pastiche if anything. I know only like two people claimed he was a Jason knock-off last episode but still.

jaxratchet
02-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Watching it now so I will type as I watch! Also keep in mind I haven't read anyone else's posts in this thread!

"Centuries ago... Evil nighlok invaded our world..." Oh wait that's not what their saying!

Another dream sequence... Recurring concept maybe. Gia is wearing that same damn outfit. She is hot but really?! Oh look so is Jake. Maybe they just went back to school after last weeks episode.
...wait is that monsters name Nympho? Oh my!

More name shouting theme song... Fast forward on DVR activate!
Did they name the teacher after DARKBLAZE? Yay go Ron!

Oh no I've been dropped into a giant web of bologna!
Go go megaforce! Nympho called them mega rangers... Not megaforce rangers. Didn't we have a thirty page long argument where people were saying "They aren't the Mega Rangers..." Just saying...
There communicators are on the morpher...awkward!!!
Gia said Bromance! Love her already!!!
Love the roll call!Not a fan of Troy's ADR voice I like the zord summoning sequence "I hope they run in biofuel" nice connection to Emma's environmentalist persona.
Omg that did not look right when the snake entered the tigers rear end... Haha
Victory charge is also used for the megazord so that answers questions and looks great in HD!

Okay my dvr stopped so I missed the last bit of what Troy was saying at the end... I liked this episode. It's purpose was primarily to introduce the Megazord so we probably won't have much more individual Zord footage.

EDIT: as I read your posts I caught that it was a flashback between Creepox and Troy. Also Admiral Malkor pronounced Vrak like (rhymes with Crack) not Vrock

Digifiend
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Eh, good point, I didn't think about that. Although I still don't think they feel any urgency to catch up and be only a year behind like they once were. Although certainly the point you raised limits how far they can fall behind.Yeah, we're already three years behind, can't afford to slip back any further.

Tommy Lawson
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Go go megaforce! Nympho called them mega rangers... Not megaforce rangers. Didn't we have a thirty page long argument where people were saying "They aren't the Mega Rangers..." Just saying...

That's the in-show name. In the real world, for example, I have yet to see the title "Mega Red" used instead of "Megaforce Red." I have not yet seen one press release use the term "Mega Red." Also, never underestimate the power of a retcon in a future episode. You want the perfect example. Go all the way back to MMPR Season 2 and watch The Mutiny Part III when we had the name "Mega Thunder Zord" used by both Zordon and the Rangers. Bandai and Saban couldn't decide if it was going to be called that or "Thunder Megazord." You know which name won out in the end.

Was that a demo theme used as the morph music? It starts out similar to the actual Megaforce theme, however the singer is repeating "Power Rangers" 3 times so quickly, it sounds like he just wants to say it to put "Megaforce" at the end of it IMO. Noam Kaniel is trying to use the Go Go Power Rangers music cue a thousand different ways at this point. In addition to its use in the main theme, there are two instrumental uses of it in this episode, most notably in the weapon roll call sequence.

The episode is now available for streaming at Hulu.com (http://www.hulu.com/power-rangers-megaforce).

White Dino Ranger
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty pleased with this episode. Much like the first one, it isn't spectacular, but it certainly isn't bad. Megaforce has a charm to it that keeps me watching, and so I shall keep watching.

I feel kinda bad for that science teacher; he's very passionate about his line of work, but he's so awkward and bumbling. He kinda reminds me of Ziggy.

Much like in the RPM debut, it's great to see the individual zords get to kick some tail before assuming the Megazord form. And again, GREAT job with the lack of annoying fight banter.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Jake/Gia relationship develops. Gia seems like a pretty independent young woman and I like her attitude.

4/5 from me.

CodeSM34
02-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Eh, good point, I didn't think about that. Although I still don't think they feel any urgency to catch up and be only a year behind like they once were. Although certainly the point you raised limits how far they can fall behind.

As far as I know, we're in Goseiger, the 34th Sentai, while Japan will have Kyoryuger, the 38th. Once we go to Super Megaforce the next year, Saban will incorporate Gokaiger, the 35th, while Toei will continue with the 39th season.

Then, this is where the speculation begins as we'll be in Go-Busters while Toei will celebrate its 40th season. Once Saban's contract with Nick will expire in 2014, the year of Gokaiger, the future of Power Rangers will be in question as how much more can the franchise go on with the 20 episode format every year or so with different Sentai each year.

Saban would need to have more episodes to at least cover most of the important stuff from each Sentai season after Gokaiger and Nick is probably not the ideal network to continue with going forward if nothing changes and Saban sticks with one season of the particular Sentai. However, Saban could also follow what Samurai/Super Samurai did and use two years to complete one Sentai season, which will further distance between Power Rangers and Sentai in terms of seasons.

Mr. Yellow
02-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Kyoryuger is actually the 37th Sentai, but I get the rest of your post.

CodeSM34
02-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry, my mistake. But now that you corrected me on that, Mr. Yellow, the way things look, two years is actually not too bad until 2014 from what I said above.

Kyoryuger
02-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I wonder why this episode isn't up on Nick.com yet, but I finally got to watch this episode on Hulu. I thought it was actually good! Mr. Burley seems pretty cool. I loved their roll call and the intro of their new mechazord.

So far, one small problem is that Emma hardly appear in this episode. So far, my rating of this episode... 4 out of 5.

146Chris
02-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Wait. If Nick's contract is 20 episodes per year. Then Saban could make 20 episode seasons BUT then we would probably skip out on a lot of character development and it might feel rushed. But if Megaforce only using Goseiger for 20 episodes works well and they can still do lots of character development and not rush it then maybe that's a good way to solve the whole 1 Sentai, 2 years deal.

Red Nature Ranger
02-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The episode was awesome. The zord scenes were epic. :D I get a good laugh when someone mentions loogies. just sounds so wrong. Gia "OMG! Loogies everywhere!" LMAO!!!

FE21
02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Wait. If Nick's contract is 20 episodes per year. Then Saban could make 20 episode seasons BUT then we would probably skip out on a lot of character development and it might feel rushed. But if Megaforce only using Goseiger for 20 episodes works well and they can still do lots of character development and not rush it then maybe that's a good way to solve the whole 1 Sentai, 2 years deal.

But:
A) Season 2 is adapting Gokaiger
B) We then have to fit all of Gokaiger's stuff into season 2
C) We'll fall further behind the Sentai because Bandai won't let us skip, and eventually the monster costumes will have disintegrated.

MetalPharoah
02-10-2013, 05:40 PM
^Are they really made so cheaply? :P

Dalek
02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I still don't think they feel any urgency to catch up and be only a year behind like they once were.

Heck, I'd argue catching up that much would be a bad thing. Remember what happened with In Space, or Dino Thunder?

As for the episode itself, it was certainly an episode. The zord fight was enjoyable for what it was, and the in-fight banter was leaps and bounds above most of what's come before. That said, characterization was almost nil this time around, and I'm about ready to declare the professor the most irritating PR character since Dax. I do hope Jake gets something more than this crush at some point, I didn't like Joel the first time around and I'm not liking him the second. Emma and Jake were both underused, and Noah ... was sort of just there. Gia's doesn't have much depth yet either, but I find her personality a lot more likeable than her teammates'. Overall, a serviceable zord intro episode, but nothing to write home about.

Miss CD
02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
^Are they really made so cheaply? :P

Rubber decays man. Plus Toei pretty well known for not taking good care of their things (Poor Kamen Rider Gills).

Digifiend
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
But:
C) We'll fall further behind the Sentai because Bandai won't let us skip, and eventually the monster costumes will have disintegrated.Yeah, Go-Busters and Kyoryuger won't blend anywhere near as well as Goseiger and Gokaiger. After Super Megaforce, we NEED an increase in yearly episode count, or we're in deep trouble.

Tommy Lawson
02-10-2013, 06:49 PM
The zord fight was enjoyable for what it was, and the in-fight banter was leaps and bounds above most of what's come before.

I'm glad they didn't go for the "great" pun, and have one of the Rangers say, "Gosei Great Megazord, wow, Gosei, this is great!" Those kind of puns are one of the leftover things from Samurai we can do without. I noticed the reused music cue from the Samurai Megazord formation music was used once again for the Gosei Great Megazord formation. Do you think young viewers noticed the lack of a "Mega Mode" in the Megazord sequence? I think those who watched the episode did notice, and some might have felt something was missing.

MetalPharoah
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Rubber decays man. Plus Toei pretty well known for not taking good care of their things (Poor Kamen Rider Gills).

Ouch yeaaah, that's true :(

MetalPharoah
02-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Heck, I'd argue catching up that much would be a bad thing. Remember what happened with In Space, or Dino Thunder?

As for the episode itself, it was certainly an episode. The zord fight was enjoyable for what it was, and the in-fight banter was leaps and bounds above most of what's come before. That said, characterization was almost nil this time around, and I'm about ready to declare the professor the most irritating PR character since Dax. I do hope Jake gets something more than this crush at some point, I didn't like Joel the first time around and I'm not liking him the second. Emma and Jake were both underused, and Noah ... was sort of just there. Gia's doesn't have much depth yet either, but I find her personality a lot more likeable than her teammates'. Overall, a serviceable zord intro episode, but nothing to write home about.

For this reason I wish Power Rangers was an hour long. Then they could do all of the sentai footage of an episode they need AND have half original storyline and plot.

SirThinkAlot
02-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I liked it a lot. I felt like Mega Mission was trying too hard to be MMPR 2.0. But this episode actually distinguished the characters, and gave us the fun fights that Power Rangers are all about. I'm especially excited to see how Noah and the teachers obsession with the paranormal will lead to in future episodes.

My only complaint: Where was Gosei? You'd think he'd be watching for bad guys and tell the rangers they were needed. But he was hardly in this episode at all.

Silver Phoenix
02-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Gosei is in the lost and found bin at Walmart since he was tossed out before his batteries were replaced. Tensou should be dismantled and sent to a junk heap. A completely worthless addition with no arms or ability to interact with anything aside from his stupid three optical lenses.

SirThinkAlot
02-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Yea I wonder why they made a new robot for Megaforce instead of using Datas costume from Gosei.

Silver Phoenix
02-10-2013, 09:15 PM
^ They probably felt he was too whimsical and cutesy Japanese. He's like a pachinko machine or a slot machine.

Ragnarock ranger
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Gosei is in the lost and found bin at Walmart since he was tossed out before his batteries were replaced. Tensou should be dismantled and sent to a junk heap. A completely worthless addition with no arms or ability to interact with anything aside from his stupid three optical lenses.

Oh go eat a rocky mountain oyster

they are pretty good

Silver Phoenix
02-10-2013, 11:23 PM
You can go eat some balls yourself, and I'm sure you enjoyed every bit of them.

nekollx
02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
But:
C) We'll fall further behind the Sentai because Bandai won't let us skip, and eventually the monster costumes will have disintegrated.

When they do disintergrate i wonder if Bandai will say "**** it, it will cost more monye to remake 5 year old costumes go use Shui Sentai Waruriger instead!"

MetalPharoah
02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
^what? lol! Shiu Sentai??? Hahahahaha.... Waruriger xDDD

adamclark83
02-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I think Jake and Gia are a great pairing. They seem to really bounce off each other.

The only thing I didn't really like with this episode is that there was hardly any Emma.

Digifiend
02-11-2013, 04:26 AM
When they do disintergrate i wonder if Bandai will say "**** it, it will cost more monye to remake 5 year old costumes go use Shui Sentai Waruriger instead!"You mean Toei.

IbukiRanger
02-11-2013, 07:11 AM
I like Mr.Burley too. :) Pretty interesting character.

nekollx
02-11-2013, 09:11 AM
@digi I'm going of the person i quoted so said BANDAI has the no season skipping clause
metal glad someone got my Random Japanese words joke, for the rest of you that roughly translates to "Age" or "month" Taskforce BadRanger

DigificWriter
02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
A person I frequently interact with on another board offered an interesting take on the Troy/Creepox meeting, which is that it could very well have been a psychic confrontation rather than a real-time face-to-face encounter as has been the defacto interpretation of Creepox's line about having encountered a human who refused to fight him.

It's an angle I hadn't considered, and one that I think makes a lot of sense based on the way the confrontation was presented.

ZoeJeren
02-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I really enjoyed the episode. Jake pursuing Gia and the fact that its an ongoing storyline, its something I really like. The debut of the zords and that the names carry over from Goseiger but it makes sense. I am so in with this season for the fact that the Gia and Emma characters are very individuialistic and strong, unfortunately the guys haven't sold me yet. This zorddebut was nicely handled for the fact that there were individual zord action and I totally love that.

PRUnreleased
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
That Gia/Jake morph music everybody loves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxF4bi3PzM

Super Jeff
02-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Got to say Noah is becoming my favorite because he is making me laugh

Rangermon
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Watching it now so I will type as I watch! Also keep in mind I haven't read anyone else's posts in this thread!

"Centuries ago... Evil nighlok invaded our world..." Oh wait that's not what their saying!

Another dream sequence... Recurring concept maybe. Gia is wearing that same damn outfit. She is hot but really?! Oh look so is Jake. Maybe they just went back to school after last weeks episode.
...wait is that monsters name Nympho? Oh my!

More name shouting theme song... Fast forward on DVR activate!
Did they name the teacher after DARKBLAZE? Yay go Ron!

Oh no I've been dropped into a giant web of bologna!
There communicators are on the morpher...awkward!!!
Gia said Bromance! Love her already!!!
Love the roll call!Not a fan of Troy's ADR voice I like the zord summoning sequence "I hope they run in biofuel" nice connection to Emma's environmentalist persona.
Omg that did not look right when the snake entered the tigers rear end... Haha
Victory charge is also used for the megazord so that answers questions and looks great in HD!

Okay my dvr stopped so I missed the last bit of what Troy was saying at the end... I liked this episode. It's purpose was primarily to introduce the Megazord so we probably won't have much more individual Zord footage.

EDIT: as I read your posts I caught that it was a flashback between Creepox and Troy. Also Admiral Malkor pronounced Vrak like (rhymes with Crack) not Vrock

I just thought I'd reply to your post, as I'm not sure if anyone did... Are you American? It's like Barack Obama - they pronounce it "Bah-rah-k", whereas in good old (rubbish) England - we'd say "Bah-rack" lol

As for the Alien, his name was quite comical: [not sure how you spell it but it was literally] UFO (Yoo-Foh) - It's an obvious name that would usually be branded as lazy but for me, it seemed comically intentional for it to be that.

As for the Megazord configuration - I said to my partner while watching the episode, as disgusting as it sounds: "Jake's wanted to do that for ages, now he's got his wish and it hopefully doesn't go further than that" :P

I think that Goseiger did an amazing job with the Zords fight, so it translated really well to this - probably my favourite ever Zord fight and I'm glad they individually got some time. I've never loved when they just form a Megazord, when we're told the Zords have power of their own individually.

DREWdesu
02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I quite enjoyed the episode despite most of the footage being from Goseiger haha but I know the kids won't notice the tiny details. I really like Jake's ongoing persue to win Gia's heart, I don't think Gia's actor is a bad actor once I can grasp what she says in the dialog. She seems more strong-willed, not as girly as Emma and I must say Christina Masterson's acting shines more in the civilian scenes than the ADR.

Although I do find Andrew sounding like completely two different characters when he's playing Troy and the Megaforce Ranger.

Noah was alright I hope to see whether they explore why he's the only "water-based" Ranger soon enough.

AkibaGold
02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I kinda dislike how Noah went from a bumbling fool of a fighter last episode to saving the team in this episode. Granted, makes sense because he seems to be more of a ranged fighter. I like the bumbling fighter bit and hope next ep has some unmorphed action.

OrderofMeledon
02-11-2013, 07:33 PM
^It's possible that he's trained with Troy and Gia since the last episode since they're both martial artists.

Fenix84
02-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Just watched this episode on Nick.com. The video quality is great and the site makes keeping up really convenient. I don't know if full episodes were available like this for Samurai (I didn't even check, which shows how much those two seasons put me off), but I'm glad they're being released online for this one.

To be honest, I wasn't that eager to watch this second episode right away. I liked the Megaforce premiere, but I had family commitments over the weekend so I couldn't catch this one on TV. Years and years of bad PR topped off with Samurai basically got me out of the habit of even trying to keep up every episode. But once again, I was genuinely pleased with this episode once I saw it.

I liked that the school will be a regular setting. This is something that ONLY Dino Thunder has had since the Zordon era seasons. The school settomg grounds the Rangers and allows their civilian identities to do things apart from their Ranger duties. I still don't know if the Rangers will have any classmates of any significance, but it's nice to know that the possibility is there. This is the complete opposite Samurai's cult-like philosophy that the Rangers were supposed to abandon all friends or even normal interaction with the rest of society.

Mr. Burly is a pleasant as the comedy relief. He's pretty much the usual weird, clumsy (and somewhat crazy) scientist character, but this is SO much better than the unbearable idiots that we've been given in quite a few recent seasons. Burly's brand of comedy isn't anything new, but tried and true without obnoxiously demanding that everyone look at him. It's miles above Spike's completely inhuman act.

I also liked what Burly brought out in Noah, who was the only Ranger whom I didn't like in the premiere. Noah didn't show any signs of the arrogance and social problems that he displayed in the first episode. It's good to see him making friends with the teacher, and having a sort of secret hobby that they can share together. Cryptozoology and monster hunting is something that could lead to some interesting stories. The one thing that seemed off about it though is that stuff like UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster would be downright mundane in the PR world, which has endured alien invasions for two decades now.

Or maybe it's a sign of Burly's odd mental processes and perception issues (he didn't seem very aware of his surroundings at all). The guy has blinders so thick that he doesn't notice all the Rangers and alien monsters, while he's busy searching for evidence to justify his believe in UFOs. Who wants to see the show make a connection between him and Professor Phenomenous?

This episode also showcased more of Jake and Gia, whose interaction was the closest thing to a main plot in this episode. I thought this part was pretty funny and charming, though I have some reservations with how things might turn out. Jake seems to be written as the lovable "nice guy," while Gia coldy rejects his advances.

In my review of the premiere, I picked Gia as one of my favorite new characters and hoped that they would develop her by introducing some flaws so that she isn't so perfect. However, I also don't want to see this relationship develop in a completely one-sided way, with Gia learning to be a better person by finally lowering her defenses and giving in to Jake. The strongest female Ranger we've had in years (that's saying something about recent seasons, when we're just two episodes into the new season) deserves to be written better than that. I hope that Gia will be portrayed as someone who has had to put up with sexism and unwelcome advances in the past, instead of just being shown as a haughty and stuck up girl. Also, I want her to see her teach Jake a thing or two over the season for balance, instead of just being whittled down and won over by him.

I know, I'm probably getting way too much into the implications of how a brand new character will be portrayed. But this is after two years of Mia and Emily, the two most regressive female Rangers ever. Even back in RPM, Summer started as a tough and strong willed woman but degenerated into a reformed rich girl and Dillon's uninteresting girlfriend. I really want PR to do better in its portrayal of women.

To be fair, Gia seemed to make an effort to let Jake off a little easy after her initially cold behavior. And her bumbling to get her morpher while Jake ran off trying to chase UFOs and impress her added a nice touch of lighthearted comedy. I was just a little worried with the snippy attitude that she reverted to at the very end. The show needs to handle this delicately so that Gia isn't just a prize for Jake to win.

The villains got to talk more in this episode than they did in the one last week. Admiral Malkor and Creepox are still completely generic and lacking in any defining traits. I liked Vrak, who actually got to display some personality and backstory. He's somewhat more cool and calculating than Creepox is, and he's haughty because he comes from a royal background. Also, his Zombats are one of the coolest and creepiest monster-growing mechanisms we've had in years.

The Monster of the Day, U-Foe outshined all of them though. I liked this guy, who wasn't just sent down to fight but to study human weaknesses. The idea that he wanted to capture humans and test various weapons on them to see what hurts the most is actually horrible if you think about it. He also had interesting powers, with his ability to unleash fleets of UFOs.

The Zord battle was great, with dogfights between the Rangers' new Zords and the UFOs. I like to see individual Zords fighting separately and being used in interesting ways, instead of just combined right away into Megazords. As someone who doesn't watch Sentai, I wonder how many more fights like this we'll even get. Also, it was nice to see Jake try to impress Gia even as they battled. Too often, Zord battle dialogue degenerates into generic cheesy lines that do nothing for the plot or characters.

Megaforce is still new, and this episode was still dominated by the need to introduce things. Because of that, the actual plot was thin, just like last week. Basically, Noah just struck up a friendship with the teacher while Jake and Gia had a scene together. No real beginning, middle, and end to those plot threads. I didn't feel cheated though, because I actually like these characters. There's just something about Megaforce which is fun, upbeat, good-natured, and exciting. This is what PR should be about, and which it has so rarely been over the past decade. I'm pleased that we got two good episodes in a row, and that the season is still going strong. So even with the thin story, I'm feeling generous.

Rating: 8/10

It feels so weird to actually be optimistic about this show! :)

Ragnarock ranger
02-11-2013, 08:14 PM
nice review pretty much the same thing i was thinking

sakechan4ya
02-11-2013, 08:15 PM
As someone who enjoyed both episodes, I can say that it was the ridiculously high amount of morphed footage, for me at least. After re-watching the episode, I clocked that the morphed footage starts about 6 minutes in, and it never stops from there. From that point on, the episode becomes entirely morphed battle/Zord footage. That's about 67% of the episode. And it's not that I completely hate battle scenes, but they don't it for me as much as they did when I was a kid. Now I'm more in it for the storyline, the characters, etc. And you don't get very much of that during the battle scenes.

For other people, they may have preferred 'Mega Mission' because of the "new-ness factor" of last week, and the general excitement that comes along with premieres.

I absolutely agreed with everything you stated. I've re-watched this episode a few times and it was a lot of morphed footage, but the good thing is that there was some original footage mixed in there too. Yes, the fighting and zord battle comprised majority of the episode it was well-done and warranted in my opinion and as some stated one the standout points of Goseiger series was the morphed fights and it clearly showed in this episode. The individual zord battle and summoning the Gosei Great megazord was exciting to see, I love overall design of the megazord, especially the wings it the head of the megazord. I don't know why but I feel the zord battle against the mofw played out better in Megaforce than in Goseiger. I agree hopefully this wouldn't be happening too much in future episodes, but like you I enjoy more of the storylines, and learning more about the characters and their backgrounds.

Gia I love this girl, she has such attitude and spunk, I think what I like about her is despite her reputation as the prettiest/popular girl she still seems relatable and down to Earth. I really thought she would come off as aloof and omg I'm so pretty and I know it like Ashley Hammond, but she seems much more down to Earth and in tune with her friends. Her relationship with Jake is definitely something I'm going to be looking forward to this season. I like Jake a lot, he's definitely the comic-relief this season, I don't see the Gia thing bringing down his character, there is nothing wrong with a boy having a crush on the girl he adores, happens in real life all time. People don't let their crushes define them, I'm sure that his character won't do the same. I wish there would have been more Emma in this episode too, it was something that she wasn't in class with everyone else. I liked Noah's interaction with Mr. Burley I think its great that he has someone to share his love of science and knowledge I love his entrance into the battle too.

There should have been more Troy in this episode too, I enjoy seeing his very pretty face. The show has to be is setting up a big reveal with his character especially with the encounter with Creepox and the dream about the legendary war. I'm not going to comment on the acting, because I believe he's being told to act like someone who is engaged but somewhat emotional detached, because of whatever happened to him in the past. Didn't one of the toys reveal that Troy moved around a lot, and Master Gosei mentioned that he's overcome adversities in his life so it seems apparent that Troy has dealt with some issues in his life so maybe that has something to do with his stoicism. But, I think thus far he seems to be handing his leadership role fairly well.

On another note, I just don't know what to really make of Troy's encounter with Creepox. On one hand, it seemed like it could have been some kind of premonition that he was having, on the other hand how can it be that when Creepox mentioned that he encounter a human that won't fight him. I wonder why Troy wouldn't fight him, and then why was he in the same workout clothes when Gia called him to help them in battle? I'm confused on that, I really do hope whatever the deal with Troy' past is explained. I also wonder if at some point he will reveal the dream he had about the legendary war to the others, I have a feeling that Master Gosei and Tensou already know what's the deal with Troy and his past. Stuff like this is what causes fanficition writers to go into overdrive like myself there is just so much to speculate on and I love it, because it just add more depth and mystery not only to his character but the season too!

Overall I enjoyed this episode 4/5. This season thus far has really gotten me all giddy and excited about PR again, I seriously haven't felt this way since MMPR.

Sorry for the long post guys just had a lot to say^^

Silver Phoenix
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
As I stated before, Malkor first said Vrak earlier in the episode and then Vrock later in the episode. Inconsistency.

Fury Diamond
02-11-2013, 11:42 PM
You can watch the episode on Nick.COM
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-megaforce-302-full-episode.html

The 2nd Evil
02-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Just watched this episode on Nick.com. The video quality is great and the site makes keeping up really convenient. I don't know if full episodes were available like this for Samurai (I didn't even check, which shows how much those two seasons put me off), but I'm glad they're being released online for this one.

Nick.com was how I was able to watch Super Samurai last year. Megaforce is also available on Hulu, which I really like because you can stream it easily through a PS3 or an X-Box 360. And the best thing about it is it's on regular Hulu, and not Hulu Plus like Lost Galaxy is, so Megaforce is commercial free.

YellowAccel
02-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I thought it was a good episode:

+:
-Yuffo/UFO is a good pun
-I'm still surprised to hear the girls saying something else than "Are you Okay ?!
-Nice use of Goseiger footage and american footage.
-They used a lot of sentai footage but i didn't feel like i was watching Goseiger.
-Love the interaction between Mr.Burley and Noah.
-Didn't remember that awesome zord fight.

-:

-Still found Troy bland and still don't like Gia (even if she is better than last year female rangers).
-Not a fan of the name "Mechazords".
-I didn't realize it was flashback when Troy met Creepox until Creepox mentionned it later.

Rangermon
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
I kinda dislike how Noah went from a bumbling fool of a fighter last episode to saving the team in this episode. Granted, makes sense because he seems to be more of a ranged fighter. I like the bumbling fighter bit and hope next ep has some unmorphed action.

I'd take it more as him being interested in all the new technology and having a purpose - not to mention, he can hide behind the mask and not feel that vulnerability he may feel without it.

jaxratchet
02-12-2013, 02:06 PM
I just thought I'd reply to your post, as I'm not sure if anyone did... Are you American? It's like Barack Obama - they pronounce it "Bah-rah-k", whereas in good old (rubbish) England - we'd say "Bah-rack" lol

As for the Alien, his name was quite comical: [not sure how you spell it but it was literally] UFO (Yoo-Foh) - It's an obvious name that would usually be branded as lazy but for me, it seemed comically intentional for it to be that.

As for the Megazord configuration - I said to my partner while watching the episode, as disgusting as it sounds: "Jake's wanted to do that for ages, now he's got his wish and it hopefully doesn't go further than that" :P

I think that Goseiger did an amazing job with the Zords fight, so it translated really well to this - probably my favourite ever Zord fight and I'm glad they individually got some time. I've never loved when they just form a Megazord, when we're told the Zords have power of their own individually.

Yes I am American. I'm from Arkansas so my accent is more southern "and hillbilly" (im not sure if you are familar with different American accents) and I actually add probably extra syllables that aren't necessary. My wife laughed out loud when she saw the footage. :) because of my accent I hear a short a "ack" sound instead of an "awk" sound.

Rangermon
02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
^ So, the Banjo accent (Banjo Kazooie style :P)?

Simango
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Just saw Parts 1 and 2 of Mega Force and love this new version so far. I love card power ups. Plus surprising that they went with basis for Megazords.

Thrax
02-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Nice Episode of Megaforce !!

Poke Ranger
02-24-2013, 08:14 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but the many uses of the cards is bringing out my 8 year old self in wanting to collect them all. Then again, I have no use of them today unless they do something "Mega" cool. :P

Not a bad episode; love the chemistry (hah) building between Jake and Gia. Hopefully Gia will grow on me, but she's becoming more interesting more quicker than Emma or Mia.

I'll also never get tired of referring the Black Ranger as "Jake the Snake". It fits so well.

Never really caught the "Science" appeal of this episode besides the scenes with Noah and the Science teacher. The battle with the creep didn't feel "science" to me.

Decent episode overall. Loved the introduction of the Mechas as well; especially how they originate from mechanical engines.

Shadowslayer
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Now that I'm FINALLY getting to catch up with Megaforce, here's MY notes:

-Rubix cube? Woulda been funnier if he was playing Angry Birds or something. lol
-"Oh, it's only you." lol
-Still hating the Rangers saying their names during the opening credits. It's stupid and shoulda been stamped out after the 2nd episode of Samurai. :angry:
-Jake is being "friendzoned". lol
-"Gosei Black" on the giant card as they morph? Geez, couldn't edit that, could ya, Saban?
-"Come on, we can take 'em." "Just try to keep up." Wow! Cocky much, Gia? I'm not liking her yet. Kinda like I didn't with Taylor. :yellowwf: Hopefully, this character develops into being more likeable, cuz at this point, I wouldn't be sad to see the monster capture her and take her away forever.
-"Are you seeing this?" lol Noah has a Batman moment, where the person he's been talking to turns around and he has disappeared.
-I am DEFINITELY digging the rock music playing as the Rangers fight the Loogies at the beach. Very nice.
-(Noah comes back out of the water after firing on the monster) Power Rangers uniforms: Now water-resistant. lol
-"Dynamic Victory Charge!" Very cool. Also, I notice the cards sparkle. Not so cool. :straightface:
-"Zombats"? Didn't I see these guys in The Dark Crystal? lol
-If those things are robots, why not just call them "Robats"? Too corny?
-"They're Zords!" Noah's never seen a Zord before, has he? How does he know that's what's in their hands?
-Not digging the "Mechazord" name either. Sounds too close to Megazord. Might confuse some younger fans.
-"I'm literally flying blind up here"? No you're not. Literally being blind would be if you literally could not see out of your eyes.
-Emma flew through that tunnel pretty easy. Where was the traffic? Unopened lanes due to road construction, perhaps?
-Dude! Troy flying out of the sun with the dragon zord....that HAD to be a throwback to when the Falconzord (MMPR) did it.
-lol They got beamed into the Megazord cockpit Star Trek-style. Nice.
-When they used the "Victory Charge" card, anyone else notice it had the Japanese name on it? Laaaaaaaazy.
-All in all, an all right episode.