RangerCrew MediaMegaforce Cast
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PR Samurai Ratings Thread

New York Chips & Salsa
    Quote Originally Posted by adamclark83 View Post
    Isn't 2 million viewers good?
    Not as good as it could have been, and not enough for me to be fully satisfied. It's good in comparison to PR's ratings over the past few years...but how much does that really mean? RPM aired at 5AM in some locations, and received absolutely no promotion prior to airing. Samurai on the other hand, was promoted to no end and received the prime time slot. Saying it did better than the past few PR seasons only comforts me to a small extent. I'm more disappointed by the fact that the world premiere of Samurai in the prime time slot couldn't even tie the average iCarly or BigTimeRush airing. Now, I was never expecting it to become the next biggest thing, but...I'm surely not walking away from these numbers pounding my chest.

Curse You!!!
    I'm not exactly jumping for joy, but I'm seeing an opportunity for growth

Super Fan
    Do you want more of an apples-to-apples ratings comparison to another Nickelodeon show? Here is one: a premiere on a Monday night at 8:00 pm on Nickelodeon. Here are the ratings results from TVbytheNumbers.com for the iCarly episode iDo, first aired Monday, October 11, 2010, so it is from the current television season. The numbers iCarly got for that Monday were spectacular, and thus, why I'm still concerned with PR Samurai's noon time slot choice on the weekends.

Everything is awesome!
    So what are the odds that Samurai rating does just as bad as RPM? Don't get me wrong I want this to succeeded I'm just concern if we get good rating means more episodes.
    Sometimes it's the season that has the lowest rating that are actually good just bad promotion, Samurai is a different trying to reboot. I just feel like opening episode should open up with how the team meets and everything. But personally I think there trying to go down what RPM did and slowly work in the back stories with each episode.

New York Chips & Salsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Qarlf View Post
    So what are the odds that Samurai rating does just as bad as RPM?
    Slim to none. But again, the main priority should not be comparing to past PR seasons. They were handled in very different manners, on completely different stations. I think the main concern should be to compare how it does against other Nickelodeon shows.

if the average is 3-5 mill and Samurai got 2.8 i actually have hope. Remember the average person thinks the last season of Power Rangers was MMPR, Disney was so piss poor the average person has NO IDEA that 17 different shows proceeded Samurai.

If you look at it like that and take into account Nick will air the previous 700 episodes (and one would hope they get as good promotion as Samurai)

going from Obscurity to only .2 of from the lowest average IS pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by nekollx View Post
    if the average is 3-5 mill and Samurai got 2.8 i actually have hope. Remember the average person thinks the last season of Power Rangers was MMPR, Disney was so piss poor the average person has NO IDEA that 17 different shows proceeded Samurai.
    If the average person thinks the last season of power rangers was MMPR then that is NOT Disney's fault.

I have to agree as well. 2.8 million is a fairly high number and if we're talking total viewers, was only behind ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars, American Chopper on Discovery, WWE Raw, and History's lineup of shows (which led the night - people sure do love their Pawn Stars). And if we're talking demos... that .5 in 18-49 actually beat MTV's heavily hyped skins, and was essentially tied with Greek on ABC Fam.

These aren't bad numbers by any means. These are numbers that are quite good considering where the franchise has been of late.

Of course the real test will come on the Sunday timeslot.

Everything is awesome!
    I see, well this is all true. Sweet just wanted to know cause I hear if rating do bad then no new episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by President Ranger View Post
    If the average person thinks the last season of power rangers was MMPR then that is NOT Disney's fault.
    Why not. They have Power Rangers Generations to promote all past seasons just like Nick will. But instead only the nostalgia factor of "those 90's shows" have keep PR in peoples minds.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast