Page 254 of 293 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2921

Thread: Power Rangers Samurai Discussion

A Blaze is on the horizon DarkBlaze's Avatar
    I love the honesty!

A Blaze is on the horizon DarkBlaze's Avatar
    If anyone here has Nicktoons and would like to watch the Samurai episodes starting with Origins, next week will be the opportunity to do so. Posted by Kyl416 on Funaroboard:

Wednesday, November 23
    Encore Family
    6:30am Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
    Nicktoons
    8:00am Power Rangers Samurai " "
    8:30am Power Rangers Samurai " "
    12:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Origins, Part 1"
    12:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "Origins, Part 2"
    1:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "The Team Unites"
    1:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "Day Off"
    2:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Sticks & Stones"
    2:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "A Fish Out of Water"
    3:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "There Go the Brides"
    3:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "I've Got a Spell on Blue"
    4:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Forest for the Trees"
    4:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "Test of the Leader"
    5:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Jayden's Challenge"
    5:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "Unexpected Arrival"
    6:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Room for One More"
    6:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "The Blue and the Gold"
    7:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Team Spirit"
    7:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "The Tengen Gate"
    8:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "Boxed In"
    8:30pm Power Rangers Samurai "Broken Dreams"
    9:00pm Power Rangers Samurai "The Ultimate Duel"

Spirit of all Red Rangers AkaRed's Avatar
    ^
    So even the network is acknowledging their screw-up and showing Origins at the beginning like it should have done from the start? Nice.

You know what really saddens me about this Season? It's supposed to be Saban's glorious comeback to Power Rangers. Why wasn't this made with tons of MMPR throwbacks? Why aren't the Samurai Rangers teenagers with attitude? Why isn't Spike trying to bully them, with perhaps Bulk trying to keep him from doing the same stupid things he and Skull used to do? Why isn't the mentor a Zordon-like being from Eltar? Why isn't there an Alpha robot? All of that could easily have been applied to the Shinkenger footage, especially if, say, Ninjor was brought back as the team mentor. He created the Power Coins, so nothing is stopping him from creating Power Coins for the Samurai Rangers, right?

Like I said, this Season should have been so much more.

Although I agree with what you're getting at, I'm not sure MMPR throwbacks would have made this season any better. You can definitely feel that they wanted to take elements from MMPR, and I think they tried to take the cheesiness and easy-going of MMPR and bring that back. And in a sense, they did succeed. This season probably feels more like MMPR than any other season.

But the problems with this season are so bad, even MMPR throwbacks probably couldn't help it. Forget about the mentor being from Eltar, the mentor can't even mentor, no matter what planet he's from. Forget about the Samurai Rangers being teenagers with attitude, they don't even have personalities. They're like boring, robotic, color-coded bodies. Forget about Bulk & Spike being bullies, they have yet to even interact with the Rangers. The problems are so deep, I'm not sure MMPR references would help. Instead of being a horrible season, it would just end up looking like a horrible ripoff.

What I was getting at was a complete re-write of the Season, not try to apply the ideas to what we currently have in Samurai. Completely re-write the characters to be teenagers with attitude that are still school. Make the mentor someone of mystical or alien origin, and I really do think that Ninjor would have worked. Hell, rewrite the villains as well. Master Xandred could have been written as a relative of Zedd's and that the Nighlok Realm could be the Otherworld dimension that Zedd utilized.

Yes, I know these ideas can't be applied to the season as it is now. But if it were completely rewritten on a clean slate, then I really think those ideas would not only work but also bring back older fans en masse.

Because they rushed the season into production within a month of buying back the franchise. They had no time for anything but directly translating the Shinkenger scripts... and remember, to escape the WGA problems that plagued the Disney seasons, we were going to get a team of translators and not a proper team of writers. So it falls to the 'consultants' to fix the show and maintain consistency, since that's not the job of the credited writers. It's a perfect storm: Jonathan only wants translated Sentai, Saban doesn't want union writers and so had the show legally classified a translation and not a derivative program, and PRS had to be casting by August of 2010.

Yep, that's absolutely correct. That's why I'm not nearly as excited about the eventual Gokaiger adaptation as everyone else seems to be. If they do it the same way they did Samurai, we're basically gonna get a translated Gokaiger script with no explanation as to who the hell the pre-Zyu and Dairanger teams are or why some of them have drastically different personalities or why Tommy, Eric, and Trent are suddenly dead for no reason. God, the only viable way to explain that is to take a page from Kamen Rider Decade and claim that it's an alternate version of their realities. *pukes at the thought of that*

They aren't going to translate it that accurately. Amit would never permit that. It will be awful, but they will make SOME efforts to get the non-Disney seasons "right."

^What about the Disney seasons?

They don't care about those. And let's be honest, if the Gokaiger hack does ANYTHING startlingly original? It'll be a Decade-style multiverse jaunt like Amit wanted that goes OUT OF ITS WAY to invalidate Disney PR.