RangerCrew MediaSamurai CastMegaforce Cast

View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

31 38.27%
  • Good

36 44.44%
  • OK

11 13.58%
  • Poor

2 2.47%
  • Terrible

1 1.23%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers Super Samurai "Super Samurai" Episode

I thought it was good. The Super Samurai mode was pure awesome.

Super Samurai is suffering from "Malibu Stacy" syndrome

The same old crap, but with fancy new accesories.

I'm the Buster of Mints
    This was an amazing episode. All new modes are amazing.

New York Chips & Salsa
    Alright. Here we go again.

--New SOOPER powers. New SOOPER armor. New SOOPER battle gear. But same stale "Nighlok monsters have invaded our world" opening...
    --Did I just see Ji fighting in the intro? So there are plans to make his character useful after all!?
    --Check out Mentor Mentor. Stepping up his game with a fresh cut and a new dress for the new season!
    --So the Rangers can't morph, but they can still pull Spin Swords out of their ***? Interesting.
    --OK, seriously. They can stop with the random slowing down and speeding up of the camerawork.
    --I must say, Mia's hair touching the Sanzu water was a pretty badass scene.

Overall, I gotta' say, this wasn't a bad episode. It was actually pretty good. The acting is still bad (and why do people keep on picking on Najee? Brittany and Erika are equally horrible), Bulk & Spike are still useless, and Xandred still barely qualifies as a character. But it was only one episode, and you can see it was a major improvement over last season. Can they keep it up, or is it a one-time mirage? We'll have to wait and see, but this episode definitely "felt" a lot better than what we've come to expect from Samurai.

Oh, and where in the world is Dayu? Xandred said she was "missing". Am I forgetting something from the last half?

Tyrannosaurus!
    ^ Kaoru could still use her Shinkenmaru (Spin Sword) even after getting depowered in the Super Sentai Legend War. They don't need to be able to morph to use their swords, it's a carry over from Shinkenger.

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr
    I thought it was good. Seeing the Rangers training with their weapons instead of just the practice swords was a nice change, and Mike and Emily off on their own rollerblading and skateboarding were fun to see. Points to Emily for not falling on her butt the entire time, either. I have to give some credit to Brittany, Emily's actress, because to me, her line delivery was better this time and didn't sound so bored and monotone.

Antonio working on the Black Box and not giving up was great. It shows the determination that he's willing to use to make sure that he can finish his task no matter the physical strain on himself.

I really liked the idea of the Sanzu flooding over into the Human World so that the Nighlok don't have to pop back into the Sanzu every time they start drying out. Octoroo is really getting on my nerves, ooh-ah-ooh! Sorry, couldn't help that...

I enjoyed the debut of the Super Samurai Mode, and I think that's going to be a great asset to the Rangers if the Nighlok's keep getting stronger. The Super Mega Mode was alright, but they should have just left the Super Mode's coattails ride out underneath while the Mega Mode Armor strapped to Jayden's torso. It's so bulky.

The Claw Armor Megazord was great. I really love the transformation sequence for it, and it's one of my favorite mechs from Shinkenger, so I hope they don't screw it up too badly.

All in all, the episode was good. I give it a 3 out of 5.

New York Chips & Salsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend
    ^ Kaoru could still use her Shinkenmaru (Spin Sword) even after getting depowered in the Super Sentai Legend War. They don't need to be able to morph to use their swords, it's a carry over from Shinkenger.
    Well I don't watch Sentai to know, but regardless if it was in Shinkenger or not, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You have no powers. How do you pull Spin Swords out of thin air? I mean, I'm sure we could find a way to blame it on the symbol power again, but we didn't see them use any symbol power. They pulled Spin Swords literally out of thin air. It's not a big problem, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Tyrannosaurus!
    It's not like it's the first time this sort of thing has happened. Mia (in a scene directly remade from the Sentai) drew the sword while unmorphed once before, just to chop up some veggies. The Lost Galaxy Rangers also had their swords while unmorphed on a couple of occassions.

Lookit My Badge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive.92 View Post
    Oh, and where in the world is Dayu? Xandred said she was "missing". Am I forgetting something from the last half?
    You told Rhinosnorus to tell Master Xandred that she was leaving in Broken Dreams.

Xandred destoried her harmonium and she fled

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast