RangerCrew MediaSamurai CastMegaforce Cast
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: RangerCrew's April Fools Prank

Magnificent Bastard
    I have to say, I was impressed with the hoax. It was far above the fandom standards I had come to expect in sheer quality. The promotional jargon? Spot on.

Bravo.

If this prank hurt anyone, that was not our intention. It was April Fools Day...a day to have fun and prank! We give our sincere apology to anyone who took this prank seriously.

Thanks everyone for your great praises on the prank. O92 and the mod team deserves most of the props. Let's get Saban to hire O92 to write future press releases.

Mia- Pink Super Samurai
    Des Moines, Iowa (A PR Super Megaforce/Dino Charge fan )
    That was pretty good video. I'm a bit jealous that guy has gokaiger figure art. The morphicon postcard he was showing was cute, anime looking.

Even though this was an April Fool's joke, one would assume that Goukaiger would be the 20th anniversary season. It would just have a different name though.

Super Fan
    Wasn't the third prank, everyone's avatars were flipped into mirror mode

Take Off...Go-OnKing!
    We swapped avatars and user titles.

The three greens swapped and then overdrive swapped amongst the purples

Fury diamond remained the same

It's Morphin Time!
    Very clever, FD and the other staff members! I was completely fooled.

PowerScoop - @nightmere10
    Oh, I have another question about this. Were other sites in on your plan for the prank or did people really take it seriously and post it everywhere as official news?

Lookit My Badge!
    ^
    It's the latter.

^ Only Samurai Cast and RangerCrew were involved. I enlisted help from cast and crew members for promoting the prank, but only Mike Ginn pulled through. Our Mod team didn't promote the prank on any other sites and boards.

All sites, including JEFusion, posted the prank on their own. JEFusion is a very popular blog that had more exposure to our press release than this forum. You may notice that the other sites are quoting them as the original source. I give JEFusion props for their indirect assistance in heavily promoting the prank. I spoke with GekiDan (author at JEFusion) about the prank last night...he's a pretty cool guy.

Fans also spammed Blake Foster's account to ask him about his role. Blake has been a great support for RangerCrew.

We didn't post the prank anywhere else. That was the viral effect that started with the first post on RangerCrew and Twitter.
    Last edited by Fury Diamond; 04-02-2012 at 12:30 PM.

PowerScoop - @nightmere10
    Man, thats awesome. I still can't get over it. Great job.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast