RangerCrew Media
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: RangerCrew's April Fools Prank

The poor man's R5Central
    The fact some many news sites believed it was a real press release proves you guys did a awesome job.

Thanks guys! Trust me, we had great ideas on making an epic prank but most of the peeps bailed out. As mentioned before, subtle seeds like "Pirate Rangers" naming and domain tracebacks were left to ensure that this is a prank and not official. Unfortunately, this prank was so "official" that it did reach the higher ups.

Just remember one thing...RangerCrew knows how to prank in style!

Junior Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NightMere10 View Post
    Oh, I have another question about this. Were other sites in on your plan for the prank or did people really take it seriously and post it everywhere as official news?
    Well, I will admit I was fooled and had it posted on PowerBoards.tk as news. I realized later it was a prank and took it down. Nice prank, too bad it was so "real" looking that I (and from the sounds of it many others) thought it was real and reposted it as such. I know it wasn't in spite or anything like that. I just now feel silly for having posted that as news on our site.

RangerCrew's April Fools Prank discussed on RandomCrap PodCast Episode 122
    http://ratheroddproductions.podomati...14_13_30-07_00

The poor man's R5Central
    Thank you for the promoting.

Thanks goes to you for talking about the prank. This was a fun episode.

Junior Fan
    Okay here's the situation...I saw this on a youtube video and tried it out, something suspicious. Click the link below...
    www.mightymorphinpiraterangers.com

You click it thinking that it was a hoax, but yet it takes you directly to the Power Rangers.com website.
    What is that all about? Is it a hoax? I will look into it, but if anyone else can shed some light that would be great.
    I know Rangercrew did an April Fool's Day prank about Mighty Morphin Pirate Rangers, but this appears to be something different that that.

Galactic Tide! Energize!
    No, this is the same domain that Mesh bought for the hoax and has it set to redirect to powerrangers.com. It's RC's April Fool's Joke for 2012.

MFFL
    Merged thread with April Fools Prank thread.

Junior Fan
    Okay, thanks for clearing it up. Maybe Saban will ask to buy the domain off you?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast