RangerCrew MediaMegaforce Cast

View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

42 60.00%
  • Good

11 15.71%
  • Ok

10 14.29%
  • Poor

2 2.86%
  • Terrible

5 7.14%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers Super Samurai "Samurai Forever" Episode

Megaforce GO!
    Well. End of the Samurai Era.
    LOVED:
    Shogun fight
    The Skull scene- actually kind of makes you wonder where he's been for 2 years, why Spike was with Bulk, or why Bulk lives in a Garage, and Skulls freakin rich?
    Ending scene-Mia going to cooking school. Funny

DISLIKE:
    The crappy talking
    The Zord fight

All in all, the past 2 years have had its ups and downs with Samurai. We had a few good episodes, but most were crap. Acting sucked, but we had some great past actors come back. As much as I hated it, I honestly have to say I was one of the biggest fanboys when it first aired, and probably pissed a few people off by doing it. I will actually miss some of Samurai, but cannot wait for Megaforce.

Its been a fun 2 years Rangercrew, and I look forward to another fun 2 years!

I really like this finale. People will say "thank god its over" and "thank god that this horrid of a season is done and I won't miss these rangers," but it doesn't matter, to me at least. The unmorphed fights are really darn good and it was nice seeing Shogun mode outside the Megazord cockpit. Whether you like Samurai/Super Samurai or not, you have to admit that the unmorphed fights were pretty damn good. Some might not like the dialogue in this episode, but I think it was okay, the rangers were great when it counted. It was sort of rushed since it the Megazord fight with Xandred was at the middle. It was great seeing Jason Narvy come back as Skull and reunite with Bulk. I don't mind the Mike/Emily pairing, since I thought their few moments together were cute, but it took a while for something to happen...Btw, I liked Jayden paying homage to MMPR at the end.

In all honestly, I will miss the rangers and this season. But not because its a great season, because its flawed (just like any other season), just a little more than others. It was goofy and fun at best and wooden and unbearable at its worst, but I took a different perspective of Samurai/Super Samurai and it was okay to watch and it improved over the course of two years. Is it RPM, Time Force, or In Space? No. However, to be honest, I think it needed to be MMPR-like as the series sort of took a huge turn (not for the worse, though) with the dark and serious stuff from the last few seasons. Even Paul Schrier said that it sort of got away from what PR was all about. From what I can tell, it helped refresh the franchise by going back to its roots in a way (even it is to a fault). I found it enjoyable for what it is. There was bad moments and episodes, but there was good moments and episodes along the way.

The actors did the best they could, from what I can tell. They were great at the cons and other PR related events as well as in social media. I hope to see them in Megaforce in a possible crossover like Goseiger vs. Shinkenger. Speaking of Goseiger, I cannot wait for Megaforce!! Hopefully, Saban and his production team learned from their mistakes and that we all get a great 20th anniversary season.
    Last edited by CodeSM34; 12-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Junior Fan
    Finally the end of Samurai (not planning on watching the christmas special)! 5/5

I'm going to miss this so much! T_T This is technically the last episode of Power Rangers (and next episode is possibly gonna be a clip show) so I'm really sad but happy everything ended well. Here's a possible last likes and dislikes column, because I might not even be in the mood to discuss next week.

-The whole battle was really epic, the ranger's really had a challenge
    -Mike and Emily <3
    -At least Mia finally can hear Mike's comments on her cooking
    -The whole episode was really great
    -The ending was so good. I'm crying rite now T_T
    -SKULL!!! It's been a while, buddy
    -Yesh Nighlok gone! *does Gangnam Style*

Dislikes:
    -It was too bad that pretty much all throughout the last portion of this season there was no bulk/spike scenes and i was a little sad since this was their goodbye
    -Master X killed with just one strike of the megazord? A little too easy if u ask me
    -No Jaymia. WTF.
    -I feel this episode should've been a 1 hour special. There would've been room for a much more epic battle and a much more touching ending scene. And plus, it's the final episode.
    -IT'S OVER T_T
    -Why do I feel that next week is just gonna be a dumb clip show

It's been a little over two years since Samurai started and a lot of u are happy that it's pretty much done, but not me. I was so obsessed with Power Rangers that at one point I didn't know what else to do with my life then just keep rewatching the episodes and writing on forums about it. I'm not as big as a fan as I used to be, with all the hiatuses and my schoolwork, but I truly had a gr8 time watching this show. This was more than just a show to me, it was a lifestyle. I lived by the morals of the power rangers, and I will continue to. I enjoyed all the characters and I will never forget Samurai. ever. Whether I'm 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 years old, Power Rangers Samurai will always have a place in my heart. Forever. Rangers Together, Samurai Forever <3.
    Last edited by bakoy8; 12-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaredMkII View Post
    What I meant was that if you are going to build something like that up, there needs to be some payoff. Why introduce something that dire only not to follow up on it? That could have potentially made for a great finale, with the rangers defending Lauren while fighting Xandred and saving the city. But like I said, this is Samurai, it would be breaking tradition for them to follow up on doing something that cool and original
    I agree with this and thought about it when I saw it in the UK... Did anyone notice the lack of flooding during the ground fight with Xandred, I hinted towards that in the other thread - it works for the episode but not for what actually happened in "The Sealing Symbol".

Quote Originally Posted by bakoy8 View Post
    This was more than just a show to me, it was a lifestyle. I lived by the morals of the power rangers, and I will continue to. I enjoyed all the characters and I will never forget Samurai. ever. Whether I'm 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 years old, Power Rangers Samurai will always have a place in my heart. Forever. Rangers Together, Samurai Forever <3.
    Not sure if trolling....

If bakoy8 really likes Samurai/Super Samurai that way, don't assume trolling. its more power to bakoy8.

All that's left now is the Christmas Special.

Junior Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeSM34 View Post
    I really like this finale. People will say "thank god its over" and "thank god that this horrid of a season is done and I won't miss these rangers," but it doesn't matter, to me at least. The unmorphed fights are really darn good and it was nice seeing Shogun mode outside the Megazord cockpit. Whether you like Samurai/Super Samurai or not, you have to admit that the unmorphed fights were pretty damn good. Some might not like the dialogue in this episode, but I think it was okay, the rangers were great when it counted. It was sort of rushed since it the Megazord fight with Xandred was at the middle. It was great seeing Jason Narvy come back as Skull and reunite with Bulk. I don't mind the Mike/Emily pairing, since I thought their few moments together were cute, but it took a while for something to happen...Btw, I liked Jayden paying homage to MMPR at the end.

In all honestly, I will miss the rangers and this season. But not because its a great season, because its flawed (just like any other season), just a little more than others. It was goofy and fun at best and wooden and unbearable at its worst, but I took a different perspective of Samurai/Super Samurai and it was okay to watch and it improved over the course of two years. Is it RPM, Time Force, or In Space? No. However, to be honest, I think it needed to be MMPR-like as the series sort of took a huge turn (not for the worse, though) with the dark and serious stuff from the last few seasons. Even Paul Schrier said that it sort of got away from what PR was all about. From what I can tell, it helped refresh the franchise by going back to its roots in a way (even it is to a fault). I found it enjoyable for what it is. There was bad moments and episodes, but there was good moments and episodes along the way.

The actors did the best they could, from what I can tell. They were great at the cons and other PR related events as well as in social media. I hope to see them in Megaforce in a possible crossover like Goseiger vs. Shinkenger. Speaking of Goseiger, I cannot wait for Megaforce!! Hopefully, Saban and his production team learned from their mistakes and that we all get a great 20th anniversary season.
    Thank you for stating exactly how I feel. I completely agree with you, like every other season it has many flaws but PRSS season 2 was a sure-fire improvement over its first season. I seriously was about to give up watching PRS until I saw randomly saw the strange case of the munchies episode and that got back interested in checking out the rest of the available episodes. They were a decent and likeable cast sure it would have been great for more character development especially with the ladies, but I really did enjoy seeing a female red ranger and it would have been awesome to see her and Jayden fighting side by side but it didn't happen so moving on. I guess some of us just enjoy PR for what it is, sure there was tons of room for improvement and better storylines but I'm still glad that I watched it and gave it a chance, because there were some good decent episodes in the mix.

Bulk and Spike may have been useless but overall I really enjoyed Paul Schrier's performance he is definitely one of the best actors, and he never really deviated from the crazy-lovable character from his earlier times in PR. The acting could have been better and should have been, but I do have a feeling that they were told to act to act more like their sentai-counterparts instead of giving the characters their own personalities.

I'm looking forward to Megaforce, I enjoyed Goseiger and this was a blank slate season so I'm hoping the producers are running wild with ideas and original storylines and concepts and more unmorphed fighting and stronger characters especially for the ladies. Hopefully Saban and his team will give us the fan a great anniversary season!

PowerScoop - @nightmere10
    This really stuck out to me in the episode. Why is Lauren leaving? She says she's "not so good with goodbyes" and Jayden says he'll "take care of it" but he never mentions her to any of the other Rangers before they leave.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast