RangerCrew MediaSamurai CastMegaforce Cast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeo Crystal and Powers not as strong as implied to be?

So i was thinking about the Zeo powers and I know a lot of people believe the Zeo powers to be the strongest ranger source in the franchise. But are they really? If we start at "Master Vile and the Metallic Armor" in season 3. We know the Zeo crystal is thousands of years old, "one of the most powerful forces in the universe", and it's power increases with time.

When the rangers became Zeo did the crystal retain it's awesome amount of power? Tommy split the crystal into 5 pieces and the Zeo sub crystals were used to power each individual ranger, their corresponding zeo zord (zords for Tommy since he also had red battle zord) and with the super zeo gems they had control of the Super Zeo Megazord. Compound that with each ranger using energy to morph and the stress and strain of going into battle everyday. When you consider all that. Ask yourself are the Zeo powers anymore powerful than say the Dino coins, the Turbo powers or the Space powers, and so on?

Yes the Zeo Crystal was a mythical and powerful artifact but that's when it wasn't being used by anybody and was just chilling on the moon gathering energy and growing stronger with time. Dividing the crystal 5 ways and plugging in so many different energy draining features had to take a toll on the Zeo crystal as a whole. I'm sure the crystal had a way to recharge itself everyday, but how much could it recharge separated in to 5 pieces and called in to battle frequently?

Honor in The End....
    The Zeo Powers can always became more stronger, because think maybe the Zeo Rangers used the full Powers o Zeo, maybe the Gold Ranger used, but the others dont, because I think eve Zordon wanted to control the Zeo Powers, for all Powers,Weapons,Zords and Megazords.

ASANJOU!!!!
    I agree the zeo powers were not any better than the turbo powers, but it is a little hard to sell a season as "new powers that are on par with what the previous season had" you have to make it seem worthwhile and call them new super powers and stuff like that

The Silent Artist
    I have a theory as to why they needed to switch to the Turbo powers, aside from entering the Nemesis Triangle.

In the movie, Kat started to morph into Pink Zeo Ranger, but she immediately demorphed upon hitting the water. I think that the Zeo crystal is like a rechargeable battery; it gains more power the longer it charges, but it has a limit. When it lasts for too long, it wears out.

X-1 Mask
    The seperation theory actual makes a great deal of sense.

Plus, using the Zeo Crystal to restore the planet had pretty much used up it's power.

These two would explain why Kat demorphed when she hit the water in the Turbo movie.

Then again, going with the battery theory, perhaps the Zeo Crystal was harnessed to make all future powers available.

Hence...Turbo.

Tyrannosaurus!
    Forever Red disproves that last bit as Zeo Red and Turbo Red have been seen together. Kat's demorph could be because her Zeonisers got damaged in the fall. It would've been repairable, but they needed the stealth of the Turbo powers rather than the raw power of Zeo, not unlike the changeover from dino to ninja power.

Dirty River Ranger
    The reason I think Kat demorphed when she hit the water was simply the force of the impact, if she hadn't got halfway morphed the impacted would have broken her legs. If they are forcibly demorphed by strong attacks it makes sense a natural impact like that would have the same effect.

As for the other issue, no I disagree that Zeo was weaker or like a rechargeable battery, instead my theory is the powers were too much for any human to contain without destroying themselves, like Jason was with the Gold Ranger powers, thus the switch to Turbo was done to save the Rangers lives as much as it was to make it through the triangle. To me that ties in to the backpacks Tommy and Kat used in T:aprm rather than going there morphed.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha ranger View Post
    As for the other issue, no I disagree that Zeo was weaker or like a rechargeable battery, instead my theory is the powers were too much for any human to contain without destroying themselves, like Jason was with the Gold Ranger powers, thus the switch to Turbo was done to save the Rangers lives as much as it was to make it through the triangle. To me that ties in to the backpacks Tommy and Kat used in T:aprm rather than going there morphed.
    It was only the Gold Zeo powers that were dangerous to humans. Presumably because they were meant to be used by a person with 3 bodies. It was never stated or shown to cause physical harm to the other rangers and if the contrary was true Tommy would've been placing himself in extreme mortal risk in Forever Red using his Zeonizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Forever Red disproves that last bit as Zeo Red and Turbo Red have been seen together. Kat's demorph could be because her Zeonisers got damaged in the fall. It would've been repairable, but they needed the stealth of the Turbo powers rather than the raw power of Zeo, not unlike the changeover from dino to ninja power.
    True even before Forever Red. While it's not made clear in T:APRM where the Turbo powers come from. It is stated by Dimitria and Justin that the Turbo powers come from Eltar. Zordon and Alpha's home planet. We can assume Zordon, Alpha and the 4 rangers created the Turbo powers and zords in that brief scene in T:APRM in order to make it to the Nemesis Triangle. Simply discarding the Zeo powers.

With the battery theory, it could be that the zeo powers needed time to recharge to fighting strength. Remember the Zeo crystal was originally one crystal. It was separated into 5 pieces and it's powers were used for a multitude of things. Whether the zeo crystal was able to recharge while separated in to 5 pieces and being used to supply energy to the rangers morphing is unlikely i think. I imagined the reservoirs of energy was used up during the Zeo season. To the point it became hazardous to rely on those powers and the switch to Turbo as a more stable ans secure energy source. Since the beacon or what have you for the Turbo powers was located on Eltar.

Dirty River Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by AllStarEnterprise View Post
    It was only the Gold Zeo powers that were dangerous to humans. Presumably because they were meant to be used by a person with 3 bodies. It was never stated or shown to cause physical harm to the other rangers and if the contrary was true Tommy would've been placin himself in extreme mortal risk in Forever Red using his Zeonizer.
    I know there is no evidence to show it, it is just suposition on my part, and my justification for the switch to Turbo, I am sure there are a lot less logical ideas out there, I can except the idea of using up the power as an alternative solution, it is simply not the one I prefer, I also put it to you neither theory can be said to be right without it being mentioned in show, it is unlikely to be mentioned so this debate could go on forever, and probably will. As for Tommy taking a huge risk become Zeo Ranger 1 in Forever Red, he may have thought he'd rested himself long enough to have one last battle, but it left him in pain for weeks, that's why he didn't use the power in Dino Thunder. Also its not like any other Ranger from Tommy's era would use a dangerous power to morph one more time -cough-Adam-cough-

Banned
    I've heard about a rumor the zeo powers should be destroyed during a fight in the turbo movie is true ?
    Last edited by Galactus; 04-04-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast