RangerCrew MediaSamurai CastMegaforce Cast
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers Super Megaforce Cameo Invitation

One of my sources forwarded the Power Rangers Super Megaforce invitation email. This email was the generic invite that was sent out to the former Power Rangers cast members to inform them about the 20th anniversary and the "Past Rangers" opportunity.

We had been entertaining the possibility of past Rangers joining us for the longest time and didn't think it was possible to do. Due to so many requests from a number of past Rangers (as well as an overwhelming amount of requests from the fans, too!) we, as a production, talked it over and agree that it is a fabulous idea that we would like to make happen. This is also a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge all of the loyal fans and thank them for their support over 20 years. We want this to happen and we want as many of you as possible over here with us!!

Next comes the nitty-gritty of organizing such a task. The unfortunate reality is that including past Rangers was not part of our original budget. In order to include as many of you as possible in this shoot, we do not have massive funds at the individual level to offer each of you. We do hope that you bear this in mind as you consider our offer.

Your travel would depart LA on approx: May 22nd to arrive in NZ on May 24th, this day would be for fittings, then filming would take place on May 25th and 26th. May 27th would be a sightseeing day that we will organize, with your flight departing that evening

Please consider what this would mean to the fans to have so many past Rangers together in the same place at the same time.
    New Zealand is a beautiful country and the current Rangers and crew here would all be honored to have you join us for this special 20th anniversary. We will try our best for sunny weather while you're here, too!

We truly wish that we were able to offer you more, and we hope that you will still consider this opportunity to join us as a Ranger once again.
    It would be tremendous to welcome you here.
    The source hooked me up with the "uninvite" letter. This letter was sent to cast members as early as last month and as late as this weekend. Several cast members have been waiting for a confirmation and got this letter at the last minute.

Dear Power Ranger,

Thank you for your patience while we have been organizing our anniversary episode and sorting out the details of cameo appearances by past Rangers. It is quite a massive undertaking, as you can imagine.

We were genuinely overwhelmed (and overjoyed!) to have had such enthusiastic responses to our request to you as to which of you would be available and interested to join us in New Zealand for the filming of our anniversary episode. After 20 years of Power Rangers, it is clear to see what this show means to the fans, but it is also quite an honor to hear what this show has meant to you, our Rangers.

Therefore it is with tremendous heartbreak that we have to tell you that due to the immense number of positive response to our inquiry to you all, we are not able to bring all of you to New Zealand to join us for the anniversary. Please understand that this is strictly a budgetary restraint, as we truly wish we were able to accommodate all of you in this celebration.

There were so many of you who said yes, honestly there were many more than we ever anticipated. It is a hard decision and disappointing for us all. There were so many more candidates than we were prepared for.

Due to the great response, we hope that sometime in the future we may be able to do another event and welcome you back as a Ranger. We wish you all the best for future success.

Please stay in touch!
    Feel free to promote the letters, but please do not copy and paste. We ask you to provide direct link to this thread for fans to read.
    http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...eo-invitation/
    Last edited by Fury Diamond; 05-20-2013 at 09:25 AM.

New York Chips & Salsa
    First thought from the e-mail: If cameo's (or American-made keys) weren't included or considered in the original, expanded budget...then what the hell was?

But hey, who needs cash when they're offering sunny weather!

Twitter - @MisturYellow
    Past Rangers weren't originally in their plans? It seems like they're using us, the fans, as a bargaining chip to try and get them to accept low pay. That's low.

Titanium Ranger Supporter
    Am I the only one who thinks that Saban is filming the major American Legend War scenes based off of sending certain rangers to the set on the 25-26th? Or are they filming Legend War scenes while also filming cameo scenes for episodes with other rangers? I'm confused...

the fact that they didn't originally plan on bringing back past rangers annoys me and doesn't really surprise me p.s sunny weather doesn't pay bills

New York Chips & Salsa
    Well now that it's confirmed they'll be filming the cameo's on May 25-26, remember that convention JDF cancelled on because he's filming something outside the country? The Puerto Rico Comic-Con? Yeah, that also happens to be on May 25-26, coincidentally.

See you in Super Megaforce, Mr. Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yellow View Post
    Past Rangers weren't originally in their plans? It seems like they're using us, the fans, as a bargaining chip to try and get them to accept low pay. That's low.
    exactly! smh

I don't have a strong opinion about this email. It sounds friendly and half-baked, the way much of their correspondence with Power Force has been. They seem not to be the best planners, and they see what they can get from asking people nicely to donate their time and effort. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by TrollZORD View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Saban is filming the major American Legend War scenes based off of sending certain rangers to the set on the 25-26th? Or are they filming Legend War scenes while also filming cameo scenes for episodes with other rangers? I'm confused...
    no I think what they're doing is shooting a new legend war but having old rangers come back for cameos after they de-morph not sure tho

Phantom Ranger Super Mega
    What exactly is the amount of the budget? One of the most popular show's over the past twenty years should have a decent budget, especially when a majority of the footage is already in existence.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast