RangerCrew MediaSamurai CastMegaforce Cast
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Sentai 2014

count up your sins
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Nature Ranger View Post
    i would love an elemental dragon season...or...i also had an idea of rangers harnassing power from a planet core.

Red - Mars
    Blue - Neptune
    Yellow - Saturn
    Orange - Jupiter (new color)
    Pink - Mercury
    Earth Ranger (sixth/special)

Extra Rangers/ allies

Gray - Venus
    Uranus - Cyan
    Pluto - Purple
    that sounds too Sailor Moon style, it might even get ridiculed if they go through with it...btw, even if they were to follow you're idea, they will most likely use the inner planets as the core team (like what they did in Sailor Moon), because those planets are the closest to Earth & the sun.
    Mercury should be blue because of the planet's name in Asian astronomy; 水星 (literally means 'water star') and water is blue obviously. Jupiter would be green because its Asian name is 木星 (wood star). With Venus most likely being pink, I'm not sure about yellow...

The furthest planets would probably be made as the 6th & additional senshis.

Tyrannosaurus!
    That's precisely why the Sailor Senshi have those colours. Only Sailor Venus is the yellow member, pink being used for Sailor Moon's upgrades.

Banned
    ^Her power aura was pink but Moon didn't really wear pink.

Banned
    If the live-action movie of gatchaman released toei will think in something like that.

Take Off...Go-OnKing!
    Venus was likely yellow because you know the color of the planet and it being the metal star

count up your sins
    the problem with this is that in Sailor moon, our moon was the central entity & its senshi's primary color was pink. Let's say hypothetically, if Red Nature Ranger's idea does come true, they would not use the moon since it's not a planet...so unless they decide to omit pink, they would have to use it for a planet, and I think it would most likely be Venus, even though its Asian name 金星 is 'metal star' (however the more accurate meaning of the chinese characters actually mean 'gold star'), hence associated with the color yellow.
    The reason I think Venus would most likely be linked with pink, at least for this hypothetical planet Sentai, is because it's the only major planet that is named after a female goddess with its astrological symbol being that of the female symbol, hence it's always been a planet that's commonly associated with feminism...and pink is also widely seen as the most feminine color.
    If they were to follow according to the planets Asian names, then Venus would be yellow...the only way it would be pink is if they follow the western astronomy...because I really cannot think of any other [major] planet that pink can be linked with. I think it would be alot easier if they just omit pink altogether.
    With pink omitted, yellow could represent Venus...or it could represent Saturn too since Saturn's Asian name 土星 means 'earth star'.
    Then again, I guess pink can also be linked to Uranus...since Uranus' name 天王星 means 'sky king star'...and you know how sometimes in the world of Sentai, the senshi that has the power of air/wind/heaven/sky is often the pink senshi.

As for red, typically we link that color to Mars for obvious reasons...but in the world of Sentai, red is regarded as the 'leading' color, the most important & primary color on the team. so it would depend on what planet the writers want to be the most central entity planet in the series...if they want Earth to be the most centrally represented planet on the team, then it would have to be linked with red...that would seem like a pretty awkward match IMO...unless they decide to go with Mars as the "leading" entity.

Overall the whole color-linking planets thing is a little complicated for some planets, and I highly doubt this kind of theme would ever be used in Sentai...but it's quite fun to discuss it hypothetically...
    Last edited by ShinkenW; 06-30-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So? Several themes have been used twice or even three times.
    Spies - Gorenger and Go-Busters
    Dinosaurs - Zyuranger, Abaranger, Kyoryuger
    Animals - Liveman, Gaoranger, Gekiranger
    Vehicles - Turboranger, Carranger, Go-Onger
    Emergency - GoGoV and Dekaranger
    Elemental magic - Gingaman and Magiranger
    Ninjas - Kakuranger and Hurricaneger
    Military - Changeman and Ohranger

Need I go on? Being used twice already means nothing. Dinosaurs and Samurais are the only themes we can eliminate - they wouldn't use the same theme two years running, nor would they use a motif at the same time as Kamen Rider, and Gaimu is a Samurai if that latest picture is anything to go by.
    We can also rule out:

- Ninja (too close to samurai. I don't think they'd want two series at the same time based around the theme of Japanese history/culture)
    - Wizards/magic/casting spells (Wizard)
    - Space (as mentioned, Fourze is recent, and space/technology themes aren't doing well in Japan right now)
    - Military (also a theme that's not doing well in Japan. Go-Busters tried to emulate aspects of older military Sentai, and underperformed)

Another martial arts, animals, or vehicles theme is possible. I hope for a supernatural theme at last, but maybe they'll decide it's too close to Wizard
    Last edited by Kaizoku Blue; 06-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Tyrannosaurus!
    How is Wizard an obstacle? It'll have finished five months ago by the time the next Sentai starts.

Banned
    What about another rescue sentai theme ?

AngelGroveRadioPodcast
    the next sentai i'd like to be Greek Mythology theme.

Red = Hercules, Zord Pegasus
    Blue = Poseidon God of The 7 Seas, Zord Dolphin (His sacred animal)
    Black = Ares God of War, Zord Snake (His Sacred animal)
    Yellow= Artemis Goddess of Youth, Zord Bear (her sacred animal)
    Pink = Aphrodite Goddess of Love, Zord Dove (Her sacred animal)
    Gold = Apollo God of Light, Zord Raven (His sacred animal)

Zeus like mentor

and Hades and Medusa are the main villians

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast