Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout! Factory Super Sentai DVD Releases & Discussion (Megaranger Coming in August)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The translation is Dinosaur Sentai. How hard to remember is that?
    It Isn't but Brian Ward has said they Decided to go with Super Sentai instead of Kyoryu Sentai to avoid confusion. My guess the want a more uniform to it in case they create more by including Super sentai in the title. Its a very small concession of an otherwise well designed cover, I like how they show the zyurangers un morphed leaving their morphed form at the bottom making it less confusing. if people unfamiliar with super sentai were to see the Morphed forms front and center they might be confused at what it is since they would associate it with Power rangers deemphasizing the morphed form and adding Before there was Power Rangers sells it better at what it is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury Diamond View Post
    Brian tweeted this cover:
    Ok Not that I'm not greatful but this cover needs Improvement. Text wise. If I was to do it like this:
    Leave out the Before there was Power Rangers stick on top.

Header; "The Super Sentai Series"
    Sub Header; "Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger."
    (All in English and made to look like their Japanese Logos)

Bottom Header; Ditch the Pics(This is Back Cover Material) , Put original Japanese Logo of Zyuranger.
    Sub Head It With "The Complete Series"

"Before there was Power Rangers there was Super Sentai" and Pics should be at the Back of the cover. The Blue Parts of the cover throws it off and makes it look like it's fanmade or a DVD menu. Or even a Promo Poster for events and Netflix. However the Zyuranger aspect of the cover is beautiful, they should just leave it be and just add the titles they way I've said it above. Heck even if they was putting the "Before PR" line and the Pics infront they should've done it without the Blue Backdrop.

Also The General Public would think that the Japanese Text underneath Super Sentai is Super Sentai in Japanese. Just Like People think Attack on Titan Name is AOT And the Japanese Text in the AOT logo is AOT in Japanese when Really it's Shingeki No Kiyojin which Means Advancing Titians.

Also Brian says he's gonna be pure on the DVD have them subbed as accurately as he could. I just Hope when the title of the OP Does not say Super Sentai Zyuranger instead of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger; Cuz that will be misleading. Instead their eps should open with the Logo that we on Sentai Today before the OP starts.
    Last edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi; 10-23-2014 at 09:05 PM.

^

This is a niche product so clearly this was made with the fans in mind, so the public really won't be looking at this very much and think the japanese of kyoryu sentai zyuranger is going to mean just super sentai to the public, and plus there are a decent amount of power rangers fans that can probably correct them. As for the cover it looks fine, its not that different from some of the covers of past super sentai releases in fact i think its better then some. As for the sub titles just be glad we are getting this release at all. I just hope that if this is sucessful i can get more releases of sentai source material series.

On the plus side for those who never understood why the dragonzord flute never matched the footage of the green ranger will finally know why since there are six notes present in the zyuranger song not present in the power rangers version.
    Last edited by Miss CD; 10-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.

cover looks very nice. Cant wait to see what extras we will get on the set. Then also its release date and price.

Eien no tomodachi~ KnightBuster's Avatar
    Really, this is honestly a good cover for the following reasons: It's generic enough to make for EVERY series. All you need to do is replace the (stock) photos and the Sentai logo and you basically have a cover for a new series. It's a generic template cover meant for making future releases easier.

^Just like what they did with the front covers of the PR volume sets.

The Silent Artist White Dino Ranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraLeeJounouchi View Post
    Leave out the Before there was Power Rangers stick on top.
    Pfft. No. People deserve to know that MMPR was a lie. =P

Banned
    Well to be fair Sentai and every work of fiction is a lie cuz it's not real. XD

Banned
    So there is now a cover. Awesome. Now when is the release date?

^We'll know the release date when it's announced, which it hasn't been.

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast