Page 819 of 874 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 8732

Thread: Saban's Power Rangers Movie Discussion

Two new TV spots

You know I love Potatoes PotatoKing's Avatar
    Where are those critics on the tv spot when you need them.

^Not really a great sign when they use one liners from critics. Take it from someone that watches a lot of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Not surprised by bad reviews. By what 0.92 heard and yes I trust 0.92 he a good friend on twitter. It seemed they didn't put that great of effort in the project.
    Never said that for sure.

^Second part my opinion. The first part is when you were on twitter saying that people in the know told you it wasn't that good. Clearly after you saw it you liked it. Which you did say.
    Last edited by Momo; 03-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Which is a good opportunity for me to segue into...I told you so? I tried telling people on here weeks ago: I was expecting a 30-40% for this movie on Rotten Tomatoes. And look where we are today.

I actually liked the movie. I'm about to do a much more detailed post in the Review Thread. And I have no doubt mostly everyone in here will like the movie, and almost all casual moviegoers will like it too. It's a popcorn flick people will enjoy.

But unfortunately, I knew it wasn't going to sit well with critics. And it's not. Now we hope those reviews don't hinder sales too bad, because I'm confident it's one that people will feel good about walking out. This movie absolutely deserves a sequel, and I hope we can get there.

^That you did. I wasn't expect great reviews myself. I just hope the bad reviews don't discourage people from seeing the movie. For those that ask me what I was referring to on Superhero hype forums.
    I was referring to this very subject. People were already dismissing the movie off hand over negative reviews. Which I replied. I would be going in to the movie with open mind. If you let reviews sway you. You wont like most movies. Kind of reminds me recently of tv show Iron Fist. I saw all the negative reviews online. Watched the show myself. Now I'm like what show were those critics watching. lol

As for a sequel I pray it makes enough money for one. As a green ranger fan if he's in it. It's a story that I believe could work on the big screen. Espically if the next director takes it down a dark path. You know with him being evil and such. To me it could be Power Rangers.. Empire Strike back type movie.
    Last edited by Momo; 03-20-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.92 View Post
    Which is a good opportunity for me to segue into...I told you so? I tried telling people on here weeks ago: I was expecting a 30-40% for this movie on Rotten Tomatoes. And look where we are today.

I actually liked the movie. I'm about to do a much more detailed post in the Review Thread. And I have no doubt mostly everyone in here will like the movie, and almost all casual moviegoers will like it too. It's a popcorn flick people will enjoy.

But unfortunately, I knew it wasn't going to sit well with critics. And it's not. Now we hope those reviews don't hinder sales too bad, because I'm confident it's one that people will feel good about walking out. This movie absolutely deserves a sequel, and I hope we can get there.
    To be fair though 0.92, Rotten tomatoes have not posted all of the reviews because I've seen at least 3 positive reviews that they have not posted yet. Plus this is just the beginning of the week and the general audience has not completely weighed in yet. Those that have seen it said that it was AMAZING! Those are non fans saying that.

And the general audience will like this movie. I guarantee it. And so will all of you.

Critics go in expecting a critical masterpiece - that it is not.
    Audiences go in expecting an entertaining popcorn click - that it is.

I'm trying to think of a recent movie that audiences enjoyed, but critics didn't. Whoever thinks of one, that's the same bucket Power Rangers will fall into.

^Well if we go by money. Transformers would fit the bell or Pirates of the Caribbean movies.