Page 936 of 1067 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269349359369379389469861036 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 10667

Thread: Saban's Power Rangers Movie Discussion

  1. #9351
    Public Enemy Number #1 Momo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lancaster,CA
    Posts
    1,721
    ^I'm on agenda alright. An agenda for better produced product. One that I grew up on that was decent. Can you name me a season in the past 5 years that's been good? On PR not being a flop. Just because the fandom say it's not. Doesn't make it so. Go ask someone on the street if they thought PR was a flop. I promise you. You wont like the answer. Also,LG most likely wont bring it up again. When a movie flops. The studio usually moves on to the next project. Yes,a reporter here or there will ask them what went wrong with PR,but that's about it. 0.92,untill LG comes out and says yes another movie happening. I will continue with my thought process,because so far. You haven't proven it's not a flop to the general audience. You only proved the fandom doesn't think it is. I am a member of the fandom myself,but I'm not crazy enough to believe this movie doing good.
    Last edited by Momo; 04-20-2017 at 11:25 PM.

  2. #9352
    Super Fan jg13145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    2,375
    I know people who aren't PR fans and every one of them has enjoyed the movie, even those who were skeptic have taken back what they said. As for a decent season? Samurai while flawed, had one overarching storyline from beginning to end. The first half of Dino Charge saw the improvement that fans wanted after JT left. They're not iS, TF, DT or RPM but they're the best we have atm.

  3. #9353
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Now I'm not telling Saban to sell it,but what he is doing right now isn't working. The ratings on TV get worse every year.
    The ratings are actually relatively steady over the last few years. The first half of Ninja Steel actually had higher average ratings than the second half of Dino Charge and first half of Dino Super Charge, and the second half of Super Charge had higher average ratings than the first half (which is the first time ratings have actually gone up after Nick's hiatus).

  4. #9354
    The movie is not a flop but I think it will finish about $50 million short of what it needed to make to consider doing a sequel. Imo part of the problem was the gloomy, teen angst aspect of the film failing to attract very young kids. The franchise has a much more negative stigma with the general public than other kids franchises like Transformers & TMNT. In other words it was always going to be a tough sell to get teens and adults to see a PR movie. Young kids and families are the easiest demo to convince to go see a Power Rangers film. I think things like DUI's, revenge sexting, peeing in a cup, morphing in the shower, and cow udders may have turned the little kid/family audience off. I'm sure it affected toy sales too.
    The tone of the movie was not consistent either. The gloomy, grounded tone of parts of the movie clashed with the film's more wacky moments. I think they should have gone for a tone similar to DC shows like The Flash or early Smallville.
    Last edited by KarlZiktor; 04-21-2017 at 09:14 AM.

  5. #9355
    alot of ppl that are not PR fans saw this movie and enjoyed it?
    ok so that means what exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerKamenSentai View Post
    Didn't Miss CD say a few pages ago not to trash talk other forums?



    Or maybe people are just getting annoyed with your constant negativity over there.
    not trashing it, just saying there are more delusional fans there than here. if we cant discuss them at all, my bad.
    i didnt read all momos comments there but i can say what ive seen- post a legit number, not saying whether its bad or good. then 2 or 3 responses of "all u do is bash the movie"
    Last edited by platinum ranger; 04-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #9356
    Memento Mori CrossRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    637
    ^^
    I don't think the movie is bad. And I don't think the tone clashes. It's pretty standard-origin story. It's like a Marvel movie origin movie. I mean, dr Strange is a good movie, but it's a "run by the books" origin story, like the first Cap America or Ant Man. Marvel had a great casting (Cumberbatch, Chris Evans and Paul Rudd, are great, with great secondaries like Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, Haley Atwell, Hugo Weaving, Michael Douglas,etc). The problem it's how you "sell" the product (the movie). Marvel sells its movie as a fun spectacle (opposite to DC to sell their movies as hyper serious dramas).
    Besides, PR is super cheesy in its melodrama. Come on, they can morph only when they do terapy group and reveal their inner fears and problems...That's Kamen Rider Fourze level of cheesyness.
    The thing is I have to blame is the promotion. The first trailer showed a dark teenage angsty movie, with people who gain powers akin to Chronicle. That's not the movie I or everybody watched. When the rest of the trailers showed up, the tone change. It was fun, lighthearted and with more action. But I think it was a little late. The people was already judging the movie with the first teaser.
    Last edited by CrossRanger; 04-21-2017 at 09:35 AM.

  7. #9357
    #GiantsPride O.92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Can you name me a season in the past 5 years that's been good?
    The show has no bearing on this movie. 99% of the audiences who saw this movie haven't seen a single episode of Ninja Steel. The majority of people checked out on Power Rangers a long long time ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    On PR not being a flop. Just because the fandom say it's not. Doesn't make it so.
    And just like people like you say it is a flop, also doesn't make it so.

    Hence why I asked lablue6uy for a list of credible sources that proclaim this movie is a flop. He provided nothing. I will ask the same of you now: provide your proof.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Go ask someone on the street if they thought PR was a flop. I promise you. You wont like the answer.
    Why do you keep saying this? You have NO proof to suggest this. You are LITERALLY pulling it straight out of your ass.

    So I will ask again - where is your proof? Let's see your articles and studies you have to support this.

    You guys live in this world where you are convinced YOU are right. And we who disagree are a small minority who have to prove ourselves. But if anything, it's the opposite. 82% of people who saw this movie loved it. Everyone I know who saw it - loved it. CinemaScore indicates that people left the theater very very happy.

    It is you who is in the minority - constantly trying to prove that everyone in the public thinks negatively of this movie. Please provide your sources now, or I'm tired of hearing this shtick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Also,LG most likely wont bring it up again. When a movie flops. The studio usually moves on to the next project. Yes,a reporter here or there will ask them what went wrong with PR,but that's about it. 0.92,untill LG comes out and says yes another movie happening. I will continue with my thought process,because so far.
    And you're fine to believe whatever you want, but I keep telling you - they haven't said anything officially on John Wick 3 yet either. So it's way too early to proclaim "They're never saying anything because this franchise is dead!".

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    You haven't proven it's not a flop to the general audience.
    Because the general audience doesn't give a shit. The general audience can't tell you how much money Fast & Furious made. Or Doctor Strange. Or Suicide Squad. Or Power Rangers. Because the general audience doesn't give a single shit about financials.

    The general audience saw this movie, liked what they saw (82% of them), and said "Tommy's coming in the sequel! That's what the post-credits scene told me, I can't wait!". The end. They don't think anything beyond that. They don't think anything beyond what's put in front of them.

    Because I hate to break it to you, but no one else on this planet is as obsessed with stalking the financials on an hourly basis like you are. The general public is not doing that, sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by O.92; 04-21-2017 at 09:16 AM.

  8. #9358
    Well, to be fair O.92, audiences do care about the financials. Nowhere near what were breaking it down to, but they do care when a movie makes money. I think they know that a movie made lots of money, ie Titanic, Avatar, Avengers, or know that it flopped, like Batman vs Superman, Green Lanturn, The Lone Ranger, etc. but couldnt tell you exact numbers.

    In addition, at least for me, Cinemascore is probably the worst outlet for gauging reception. Considering theyre only published in Entertainment Weekly and their website, they only ask about 400-500 people in three cities, and the people theyre asking to conduct surveys is not a good representation of the film overall. As an example, if you look at the website, they gave Logan an A- and Power Rangers an A.

    I tend to stay away from Cinemascore and focus on Rottentomatoes and (as much as I hate them because I understand how they work) Metacritic. There's a reason why companies use Rottentomatoes, including cable networks now on movies. Same with metacritic. Remember, people are much smarter now because of the information they have available at their fingertips, so they should be given much more credit than whats being given.

  9. #9359
    The movie itself had plenty of angst. Even Jason's hero speech at the end was something like "I can't stand this crap town but I'm not going to let it die." It sounded like a Henry Cavill speech from Man of Steel or BvS. I didn't get the feeling of the joy of being a superhero from any of these characters except Billy.
    I do think that the tone was uneven. We go from a campfire scene that felt like something from Friday Night Lights to the scene where Rita captures the Rangers that felt straight out of the 60's Batman series. I'm not the only one who's said the tone was inconsistent. Many critics have said this.
    As for Cinemascore I also don't put much stock in it. When you ask people their thoughts coming straight out of the theater they are going to tend to be more positive because they're still feeling the high from just seeing the movie.
    For what it's worth I enjoyed the movie overall but it is a flawed product.
    Last edited by KarlZiktor; 04-21-2017 at 09:36 AM.

  10. #9360
    #GiantsPride O.92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by RazgrizI View Post
    Well, to be fair O.92, audiences do care about the financials. Nowhere near what were breaking it down to, but they do care when a movie makes money. I think they know that a movie made lots of money, ie Titanic, Avatar, Avengers, or know that it flopped, like Batman vs Superman, Green Lanturn, The Lone Ranger, etc. but couldnt tell you exact numbers.
    No doubt. Everyone knows Fast & Furious and Marvel bring in loads of cash. But they can't tell you exact numbers. They don't study financials. They only know those movies did so well because they're top tier franchise names. They are EXPECTED to bring in loads.

    The only movies that are considered flops by the public are ones that are heavily surrounded by negative press. See: Fantastic Four, Batman vs. Superman, Green Lantern. Power Rangers didn't receive any of that, not even close. But Momo continues to proclaim otherwise, hence why we need to see his sources now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razgirl
    In addition, at least for me, Cinemascore is probably the worst outlet for gauging reception. Considering theyre only published in Entertainment Weekly and their website, they only ask about 400-500 people in three cities, and the people theyre asking to conduct surveys is not a good representation of the film overall. As an example, if you look at the website, they gave Logan an A- and Power Rangers an A.

    I tend to stay away from Cinemascore and focus on Rottentomatoes and (as much as I hate them because I understand how they work) Metacritic. There's a reason why companies use Rottentomatoes, including cable networks now on movies. Same with metacritic. Remember, people are much smarter now because of the information they have available at their fingertips, so they should be given much more credit than whats being given.
    And that's fine if you dislike CinemaScore. But Rotten Tomatoes' fan rating is at an 82%. Fandango is at 4.5 stars. MetaCritic is at 7.3. You can pick your outlet - the result doesn't change. The general majority loved it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
Welcome to RangerCrew, a forum for fans of all ages to stay connected on Power Rangers, Super Sentai, & other related topics!
Follow Us