Page 995 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 49589594598599399499599699710051045 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 10595

Thread: Saban's Power Rangers Movie Discussion

We were discussing plot influencing product placement in films, that sprung to mind. Sorry if I caused offence

Element Power Ice.
    ^It's alright, but next time you probably could just say off topic before you say something non related to the thread, that way people won't get confused by what you are trying to say or ask.

Mauricio Ruiz is back with more Zord concept art and this time one we've already seen but now with a better look, the Pterodactyl:

https://mauricio_ruiz_design.artstat...album_id=77354

I'm loving that Pterodactyl! Not the pics with yellow glow, though.

I know that's it become rather clichι that when unused concept art for a movie appears online it prompts a load of 'Why didn't they use these?! So much better!' / grass-is-always-greener statements, but I have to be honest, with this movie, that has been my (genuine) reaction.

With these Zords (I've seen the Yellow, Black, and Blue ones too) I get that they don't quite fit the overall aesthetic the movie went with (the sort of alien bio-organic tech vibe) but I just love them. They look so sleek and modern, but resemble the creatures closely and pay homage to the original show's Zords. Love the full on use of the respective Ranger colours and the Tron-esque blue lighting.

Not crazy about Ruiz's suit designs, though that seems to be partly down to whatever the design brief Saban/Lionsgate provided the artists with I guess.

The Zord seems really cool !!!!

I think for the Power Rangers sequel they will need a few things to make it more successful than the first one.
    1. More star power. No I'm not saying jam pack the movie with A listers but we all know how the general public feels about Power Rangers so they need some heavier talent along with Elizabeth, Bryan, and Bill to help give some more "power" to it.
    2. Definitely the Green ranger saga. I feel like that is a no brainer.
    3. The fighting must be the highlights of the movie. Not heavy CGI martial arts but standard martial arts in costume. They did it a little in the movie but on some shots the yellow ranger looked animated when she punched the putty in costume.
    4. More screen/story time for Rita Repulsa and Zordon.
    5. Introduce Lord Zedd! (A lister for this role)

Junior Fan
    I kinda disagree with the second point. If they want the movie to be successful, then they would have to make sure it's not the Green Ranger Saga. Creating a new story would be the better option here. One of the main reason why people aren't watching the movie is because they view it as MMPR. Adapting the Green Ranger saga won't help the movie, it might even push the people away even more. They need to give out a proper and clear point that the movie isn't the TV series.

It needs to have Tommy. No way around it. People barely survived 1 movie without getting their panties in a bunch over the lack of a Green Ranger. And after this movie's post-credits scene? Tommy is a must.

And I agree with yellowguy that Lord Zedd should be an A-lister. One who's an even more powerful headliner than Banks or Cranston (I'd argue Banks isn't even a headliner - you're not going to sell a movie on her alone - I didn't even know her by name before this movie).

^ For real Lord Zedd be the Main Villan will be amazing if they had to him if the sequel happens !!!