Page 571 of 878 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 8772

Thread: Saban's Power Rangers Movie Discussion

With all they want to show and introduce to the audience.. giving each character a backstory with family members. Rita, Goldar storyline, discovering powers, learning, morphing, zords, megazord fight...... I don't see it being an 1:30 long. 2 hours for sure.. or more! Avengers was 2:23 long. BvS was 2:31 long. I know these are massive movies, but if lionsgate is trying to make something on that level here, it's gonna be a longer film. hopefully....

Super Fan
    It is being marketed towards an entirely different audience with an "R" rating, however, CHiPs, a Warner Bros. movie on March 24, will have a trailer debut tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live, via Movieweb, so that is another movie currently stepping up promotional efforts for March.

^^ I am betting 2 hours 15 minutes

for me i feel for these types of films and more so for a origin films 2hrs to 2 hrs 15mins is a good prime time. So it gives enough time to cover all the bases and show off the film. But not be to short and not to long.

I think this needs the widest audience possible, and needs to be as soccer mom friendly as possible. PG-13 is a mistake, because it'll alienate the existing audience, and I really doubt it'll appeal to the mass audience. Two months out and nobody is talking about this film. Those that are, they're hardly favourable comments. The trailer needs to be something remarkable, otherwise even Chips is going to have more box office success, and that's a film that's happy with a 3rd place opening week.

Good bye Power Traingers. Deathryuger321's Avatar
    You can't do a good superhero film with a G or PG rating though.

You know I love Potatoes PotatoKing's Avatar
    while I agree, we need a trailer ASAP, PG-13 wont necessarily alienate the audience

I don't believe that at all. It's just not as common. There are plenty of PG films that have great action in them, like most of Star Wars and Big Hero 6, this could have been the same.

I have deeper issues with the Power Rangers brand at the moment, and I feel it's a bubble that will burst spectacularly in April, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger85 View Post
    for me i feel for these types of films and more so for a origin films 2hrs to 2 hrs 15mins is a good prime time. So it gives enough time to cover all the bases and show off the film. But not be to short and not to long.
    Hopefully they use time wisely unlike Fantastic Four which lasted 1 hour and 40

Dij how is pg 13 not wide enough. That is a good rating to get kids, teens and adults. If it was pg or g older folks would be so turned away from that. And the movie is going for a slightly different demo then the tv show. It's rating is fine and no way pg 13 won't be rating to get the attention film needs.

Also dij you got to remember ratings system from 70s and 80s to rating system today have greatly changed. Same from systems they had before the current standard ststem. What was pg or g 40 yrs ago would be different today. Same goes for content now vs content then.
    Last edited by AlwaysARanger85; 01-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.