Page 1003 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 3503903953993100110021003
Results 10,021 to 10,027 of 10027

Thread: Saban's Power Rangers Movie Discussion

RE: Dijeirusan now that's sad. But don't forget now a days the theater to DVD is a faster turn around time, one has different ways of watching movies now a days.

I know a number of people who couldn't make it to the theater (or refused to go to the theater) who wait for everything to go on DVD/streaming.

I literally begged my mom to take me to the drive-in movie theater near my house just to watch the movie. (it was screening at the time I told her) I don't regret doing it, it's a pretty good movie.

Junior Fan
    The Licensing Expo is over, and Lionsgate said nothing about a sequel.

Well, shit, I seemed to miss quite a lot today. But hey, congrats on 1000 pages, everyone!

I was busy the last couple of days and I didn't have the chance to visit here again until now. Anyways, I'm aware of how badly the movie made in China. Also, to make things worse, I heard somewhere online that there were limited screenings in Japan, and it's doing so well, either. Does this mean even Japan is hating on this movie?

Also, I'm not surprised Lionsgate said nothing about a sequel. They must be pretty embarrased about how much the movie failed at the box office. The again, they're just the distributors for this movie, so Saban should be the ones deciding on whether or not a sequel should be coming.

BTW, I'm really starting to wonder if Lionsgate didn't gave a single crap about PR at all, and they just agreed to distribute the film simply becuase they were in a desperate need of a franchise, but we're probably aware of that fact of what the Brand and decided not to put that much money on the budget and marketing(I mean, they only put about 25% of the budget for this movie, which is probably not a lot. That just shows how little confidence they had for this movie and franchise itself. So yeah, this movie was screwed from the very beginning.

Now i'm starting to wonder if years from now, this movie will become as hated as the Star Wars Prequels, where they're just really mediocre films(except for the third one, but that's kinda debatable), but people lash out on them like they're the worst movies ever made. I really hope that won't be the case for PR, but I have a feeling it might be.

EvilRay: Why would the power rangers movie be 'as hated as the Star Wars Prequels'? People who saw it really enjoyed it. I myself am not a power rangers fan but loved the movie and am buying the DVD combo set. I know a number of my friends who haven't seen it yet but will when its out on DVD they are going to watch it.

LG also to my understanding has a certain way as to how they release movies. (people have a certain assumption about power rangers and until you get them to watch your not going to change their minds)

The movie also has not even opened in Japan yet. So not sure how Japan can be hating on a movie not even out yet?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRay View Post
    ~Snip~
    Well aren't you a rainbow of positivity. Seriously the movie is not a flop. It didn't set the world the fire, but it's not the box office bombs as you and others are making it out to be. Yes a sequel is up in the air, but it's not because the movie was a "failure".

Quote Originally Posted by jbfletcher View Post
    EvilRay: Why would the power rangers movie be 'as hated as the Star Wars Prequels'? People who saw it really enjoyed it. I myself am not a power rangers fan but loved the movie and am buying the DVD combo set. I know a number of my friends who haven't seen it yet but will when its out on DVD they are going to watch it.

LG also to my understanding has a certain way as to how they release movies. (people have a certain assumption about power rangers and until you get them to watch your not going to change their minds)

The movie also has not even opened in Japan yet. So not sure how Japan can be hating on a movie not even out yet?!?!?!
    I'm not saying it will be as hated as the prequels. I'm just telling you that could be the worst case scenario for the movie. So I do hope it won't be that way.

Also, LG should've released in a month where there's not a lot competition, Like August. It would've at least made more money and the only competition it would have at that month would be Sony's The Dark Tower. That's it.

Also, I'm not conforming Japan is hating on the movie. I'm just hearing from a rumor online that the movie is having limited screenings in japan before it gets released nationwide, and that it's not doing so well in those screenings. But again, it's a rumor I got from someone, so just take it with a grain of salt.

Then again I do hope it does well in Japan as well as in DVD sales, because that'll at least convince LG or Saban that there's still interest for a PR outside its fan base, at least. So it should prompt them to do at least another film.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
    Well aren't you a rainbow of positivity. Seriously the movie is not a flop. It didn't set the world the fire, but it's not the box office bombs as you and others are making it out to be. Yes a sequel is up in the air, but it's not because the movie was a "failure".
    Well, 140 million over 100 million dollar budget is still an underperformance regardless. So i'm not trying to be negative, since I want a sequel as well. Unless you know any behind-the-scenes shenanigans of the movie, then i'd like to know.

Then again, this 100 million dollar budget may not be the actual budget at all, and it might lower than it really is, since Lionsgate didn't pay much, and the rest of the money from paying for international distrubution, marketing, ect. But that's just me.
    Last edited by EvilRay; Today at 09:19 PM. Reason: Double post