Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Talk

Super Fan

Sentai Rambler
    Preview for Rebirth hit Newsarama beware Spoilers
    http://www.newsarama.com/29407-previ...-spoilers.html

Super Fan
    DC's obsession with Moore is bordering on parody at this point

Though I did smile a lot at those previews, particularly the Arrow and Canary fluff.

Sentai Rambler
    I'm actually looking more forward to the whole reintroduction to Jackson Hyde. I mean I'm no Young Justice fan but I did find it kinda lame that Aqualad was introduced then completely forgotten about after the reboot.

Super Fan
    Watchmen's Dave Gibbons returns to his Doctor Who roots with the comic strip for the magazine's 500th issue

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...r-500th-issue/

Super Fan
    Big spoiler on New 52 Superman (from Gamespot)

Spoiler

Sentai Rambler
    You know it's honestly amazing what some emotional manipulation can do to someone. My RB days in the comic thread were always pessimistic when it came to New52 Superman mostly because of the moronic opinion of trying to make the guy relateable by axing Ma & Pa seperating him from Lois & want him to be an outsider (that & editorial mumbo). But as I'm digging back into DC & the whole news regarding New52 Supes I'm just feeling sorry for the guy now.

Crazy what rebirth is doing.

Super Fan
    Yeah, over the years N52 Supes has had worse luck and maturity cut-backs than post-OMD era Peter Parker, when Marvel's premier man-child comes out looking better off than the guy with the cape, you're in trouble.

Here's an interview with Geoff about Rebirth

https://www.inverse.com/article/1599...ns-lost-heroes

Very assuring interview, especially when the article says a particular book was not the instruction manual on how to do contemporary comics (a jab at certain Marvel bigwigs who actually think it is), and that the problem can't be fought with Batman leading the charge to punch the person responsible in the face a couple of times.

I just hope the fans are'nt like this by the end of the crisis...

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-22-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Sentai Rambler
    One thing I'm actually happy about is that they actually did something too acknowledge both Wally Wests (I haven't figured out how to work spoilers yet, but considering This specific one is too big not to spoil meh). I still haven't gotten to New 52 Flash yet to draw an opinion on Ace (The New52 Wally who someone on CBR decided to call since it's another nickname for Wallace) but I don't really want to go him hating him even if I understand the outcry unlike The Nova melodrama from vocal neckbeards.

Making Wally & Ace "distant cousins" seems to be a smarter alternative then axing one or the other. Long time Wally fans will be happy with having him back & reading him again in Titans (I assume that's where he'll go) while The Ace fans no longer need to feel guilty for liking him & they get a POC Flash.

For once everybody might win.

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast