Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Inhumans coming Fall 2017

So I guess this really does mean no movie?

IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

ABC, IMAX and Marvel Television also intend to work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series across their proprietary media platforms--which would be the first such cross-platform marketing launch of a television series. Today’s agreement also marks IMAX’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

“We're happy to see this unique deal come together, working with our partners,” said Dan Buckley, President, Marvel Television, Publishing & Brand. “In an ever-changing world of distribution and consumption, it’s very exciting to be part of a groundbreaking initiative that takes us to the forefront of this evolution.”

This deal also provides audiences with high-quality, compelling entertainment options during what have traditionally been lulls in the summer blockbuster season. These IMAX audiences also tend to have high engagement and positive response to comic book fare.
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marv...inkId=31155907

Super Fan
    It's seems as if the logical scenario that I and others have said for sometime is two people in power had fundamental disagreements on the direction of this company and when one was ousted from power they took turns messing with each other and this is latest power play by the ousted man to bring his pet project to life in medium he now controls.

Edit Also with the sagging ratings and the announcement of this show and the fact the show is already being syndicated I wouldn't hold my breathe for Agents of SHIELD season 5
    Last edited by lablue6uy; 11-14-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Tyranno!
    Huh. I wonder if Chloe Bennet will be involved.

Super Fan
    Do you guys reckon there will more Inhuman books planned for next fall then when Marvel do their annual relaunch? (since the spring will be devoted to the relaunch of the X-Men after Inhumans vs X-Men wraps up)

Maybe Black Bot and Medusa will get back together, depending if they're together in this series.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 11-15-2016 at 06:33 AM.

They show a lot in the others Marvel Shows, we already show them in Avengers Assemble, Ultimate SPider-Men and Agents of SHIELD, I suppose MARVEL want more juice for there Heroes

i heard ghost riders involvement helped AoS ratings, guess not

I'm happy to hear this, but I'd also have to think this signals the end of Agents of SHIELD. With the show already hitting the milestone 4 seasons, ratings being questionable, & the doubt I have that they'd run two Marvel properties running side by side...not looking good.

You could even argue this show would be too similar to Agents of SHIELD, since it's basically been an Inhumans story for the recent past.

Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by platinum ranger View Post
    i heard ghost riders involvement helped AoS ratings, guess not
    It literally helped for the week of the premiere then the numbers feel back in line with last season or lower

Super Fan
    The show will reportedly only have eight episodes and won't be a direct spin-off of SHIELD.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/inhum...-as-an-a146803

Saw the news a few days ago. First grest to hear something still going on with inhumans. Would have been nice to keep it for movies. And I am shocked a bit it isn't still going to be. But I am glad to see it going on still. Can't wait to see who is Running the show and who is cast as the royal family. And curious to see this abc and iMac team up.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast