Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger Discussion Thread II

Gokai Change! Goookaiger! Gokai Gaburincho's Avatar
    Kyuranger episode 29: I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was almost a great episode, but I have my problems.

The Good: I thought the whole first half of the episode was great. I like idea of the Tokei Kyutama disappearing after the Kyu Energy is depleted, so that they can't just abuse it. I really like Orion. In one episode, he's already one of my favorite characters on the show, and I like the scene of him and Tsurugi talking. I like the sense of tension we have in the episode, and I like the look of Don Armage.

The Bad: The main thing I really didn't like about this episode was Lucky dismissed Orion's plan. I'm all for determination and not giving up, but Orion had a point. They're all in a messed up situation, but at least let them recuperate. Also, him saying that he's gonna fight Don Armage on his own is just frustrating. What happened to telling Stinger about how important it is to rely on your team? Did he not learn anything? This show somehow managed to achieve the impossible and actually make me like Lucky, but Lucky's likability in this show to me is precarious, and they can't afford to screw this up.

Another problem I have is with Don Armage, and it's with him throughout the show. I don't mind the overlord type villains, but Don Armage is frustrating to me a little, because he's clearly so super powerful, to the point where I don't buy how he hasn't defeated the rangers yet. He defeated all 88 of the previous warriors, yet throughout the show he keeps showing up and shooting some powerful blast, and it never beats anyone, and if he can shoot a blast like that to injure Lucky (which is an admittedly cool visual shot), why couldn't he shoot all of them? It feels like they were trying to avoid the "Ginis sitting on his butt and not doing anything" problem, and that's understandable, but I feel that Don Armage's constant appearances actually undercut the threat of him, so what I feel they should have done was make this the very first time he has appeared to them. I think that would have solved this problem.

Next Episode: We're getting Shishi Red Orion, and it looks freaking glorious.
    Last edited by Gokai Gaburincho; 09-18-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Ginis' point was to sit on his butt and enjoy the show. I don't like Don Armage because he is just a generic villain who is there to fill the position. Too bad, if Scorpio really got to overthrow him then it would get interesting.

Ex Mister YellowFour YellowAccel's Avatar
    So Champ and sShou stay in the past ? Don't see the point. I get they do that to focus on other characters, but those two are completly in the background so...

Ranger Fan Since Start Purple Creator's Avatar
    Anyone notice that Super-Sentai.net's Kyuranger pages haven't been updated since like July??? Even with all of the new Kyutamas & monsters, nothing has been put up there. Not even Lucky's new form!

Kyuranger 30 Subs are out...

The Kyurangers were willing to sacrífice themselfs to give time to Tsurugi for healing Lucky seems he was the Miracle of Universe needed.

Interesthing Don Armage the moment he revealed himself to the Rangers, he was not unable to hold is power, and he is creppy and powerfull creature.

Orion and Lucky Power created the Shishi Red Orion, he suit is amazing and the powers to, amazing battle aganst Don Armage, and theme song too.

Champ and Xiao decided to stay in the past to pass on the Legend of Kyuranger in the future, Champ could be after of Professor Anton to finding something more, and Don Armage is still alive in the Future.

We now returned to the Arc of Dark Naga....

I get the feeling the generals and Armage are all the kids of the past versions, thus the slight differences. Looks like no mech combos for while now that 2 are gone. Definitely excited for shish orion scenes

Saw episode 30, and while it was supposed to be a sad scene, Ohlion's death was so weird that i couldn't care if he died or not to be honnest. The power-up is just your usual way to make the rest of the team pointless. Zyuohger Ninninger both founded a way to show the others still can beat a monsters, so who knows ? Not holding my breath, though.

As for Xiao's speech, it would be far better if they didn't act like Lucky and Tsurugi were more important than the Commander. Besides one episode, Xiao became completly pointless so...

So two rangers stay in past. Odd move there.

Gokai Change! Goookaiger! Gokai Gaburincho's Avatar
    Kyuranger episode 30: I thought this was a good episode. I usually try to watch these episodes twice, and the first time, I thought this episode was great, but after a rewatch, the more I thought about it, some stuff started to bother me.

The Good: The best thing in this episode is Shishi Red Orion. This form is awesome. The only thing I wish is that it had its own weapon. I like the sense of tension in this episode, and I liked all of the fights. I also think that last scene, with the team realizing that Don Armage isn't defeated, is great. The mystery behind what the deal is with him is intriguing, and I hope that the payoff is good.

The Bad: If Orion was hurt, I don't get why he didn't ask for help. Both times I watched this episode, I thought I missed something, but if there is an explanation, I don't think the show made that clear. I really liked that character, and I wanted to feel the weight of his death, but if I'm left wondering why he had to die, it kinda takes that impact away.

Also, I thought Tsurugi using the Houou Kyutama to save Lucky is supposed to kill him. I don't get why he didn't die.

As for Xiao and Champ staying behind in the past, you know all of the rangers are gonna be together for the final battle (you know we're gonna have a 12-ranger unmorphed roll call), so I wonder how they're gonna get back.

Next episode: It looks like we're back to the Dark Naga arc. It looks like it might get resolved next week. Let's see how they pull it off.

Some people seems to think Naga is the new Don Armage in the present. I don't think it's the case since we saw him next to several screens showing Don Armage but... Am i the only one who noticed the Don Armage from the past use the same weapon than Naga ?

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast